5.0 out of 5 stars Being Naked Is Good!
Published on September 13, 2006 by Robert I. Hedges

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Granola, Not fresh from Amazon
This granola is really good, but the stuff from Amazon is not fresh. The whole bag is a solid brick of granola when you receive it. It is pretty stale. I've gotten it several times, and my experience has been consistent.
Published on September 30, 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Being Naked Is Good!, September 13, 2006
This review is from: Bear Naked All Natural Granola, Fruit and Nut, 12-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I love granola and cereal in general, but I have to say that this is the very best granola I have ever had. The people at Bear Naked have a philosophy that I love, and which is on the back of every bag: "we believe food should be hand-made from wholesome and natural ingredients you can actually pronounce." Although I do eat processed food, I appreciate the appeal of the more traditionally prepared foods, and this granola tops the list for nutrition and taste.

Like most granola, it is high in calories and fat, but take note that the fat comes largely from the nuts contained (it also contains expeller pressed canola oil), and it has no trans fat, and only 1.5g of saturated fat per serving. This cereal is softer than most granola, though not soft enough for me to consider it chewy. It does have large chunks of nuts and also contains cranberries and flax seed, for optimal nutritional and digestive health.

The six-pack sold on Amazon makes the price per package reasonable (the ingredients are quite expensive), so as a value proposition, I think this is not only a great product, but a great buy.

Delicious and nutritious: a great combination that I recommend highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Granola, Not fresh from Amazon, September 30, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad ..., September 13, 2006
I hesitate to write a review about a food because, well, one man's meat is another man's poison ... I like the not-too-sweet and minimally processed taste of this brand; the Banana flavour is our favourite. The Fruit and Nut flavour lacks a little oomph and the fruit inside is too tangy for my taste buds (so maybe TOO minimally processed?). Also, remember that 'All Natural' is NOT organic, even if you find this in the health food section of your grocery store. Our local Target also carries this brand of granola and has the best price for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, September 28, 2006
Guess what I'm eating right now?

You guessed it...Bear Naked Banana Nut Granola!

I was in the organic section of a grocery store the other night, looking for low-fat granola. (I'm on a low-fat diet to help combat elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. *wince*)

I bought myself a 12 oz. packages of the Banana Nut, as well as the Bear Naked Peak Protein Granola. The latter was so-so, but the Banana Nut? YUM!

It's delicious plain, in my opinion, but you could certainly eat it with milk/soy milk as cereal, or mix in with some yogurt.

There are 11 servings per bag (about 1/4 cup) and here are some nutritional facts per 1/4 Cup:

140 calories (60 from fat)

Total Fat 7 g (10% DV)

NO Trans Fat

NO Cholesterol

5 mg sodium

17 g carbs (3 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugars)

3 g protein

If you love organic, hand-made, nutritional products, Bear Naked Banana Nut is wonderful! It contains almonds, and tastes a bit like dried banana chips + tasty granola.

(P.S. The price here at Amazon is a STEAL! I would have paid over $10 more if I would have bought the same quantities at the grocery store!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, questionable value on Amazon, November 30, 2008
All of the Bear Naked products are great (Fruit and Nut being my favorite) but the prices on Amazon have become more and more unfavorable to the wise consumer - one 12 oz package is available for sale at my local Stop and Shop grocer for $3.99 - no waiting for shipping, either! Please support this fantastic product but purchase sensibly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be warned! They've changed the recipe!, November 25, 2013
This used to be the best supermarket granola imaginable. It differed from all other supermarket granolas (read: all affordable granolas) by being moist. That's why my family bought 12 pouches a month from Amazon Subscribe and Save.

They've changed the recipe, without so much as acknowledging this on their packaging.

Now, I know that new "no trans fats means absolutely no trans fats" requirements may have eventually required such a change anyway--I have no idea if there was a trace element of trans fat that allowed them to keep it moist while claiming it was "pure." But this recipe shift happened before the FDA announced that policy change.

I am seriously peeved that the granola now tastes as dry and, frankly, bad as any other supermarket granola. All the other Bear Nakeds already were kind of dry. Now this one is too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start if you're trying to eat healthier, July 3, 2006
I picked up Bear Naked granola at a chain grocery store (expensive) after pouring over some health and fitness mags....trying to get in the routine of eating healthier. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best....and this granola REALLY is. Less fat, sodium (and all the other stuff you don't want) than other boxed brands I've tried, but tons of flavor you might not expect from a "natural food". Hats off to the two who started this company. The banana nut granola DOES taste great! And I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find it again :)...now I just have to get the rest of my family in line...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough to start eating breakfast again!, March 22, 2006
Michael Holl (Evanston, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This stuff is awesome. A great-tasting mix of all-natural granola, WHOLE almonds & walnuts, and banana chips that make breakfast the best meal of my day! I'm not a huge banana fan, but the flavor here is perfect: the bananas don't overpower the nuts and vice-versa. What I like the most is that every mouthful is a little different, depending on the mix of banana, granola, and nuts you happen to get. Great with milk or as a snack. Even though the bag looks small in comparison with the boxes of cereal on the grocer's shelf, you get nearly the same amount of stuff, and the quality is 1000% better than any other granola on the market (just compare the list of ingredients and you'll see what I'm talking about.) Highly recommended, also try the Apple Cinnamon and Fruit & Nut varieties.

5.0 out of 5 stars YUU-UUM, February 13, 2007
J. Michael Weiseman (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Bear Naked or any of its subsidiaries or parent companies. I am an normal consumer.

This stuff is GREAT! I was recently forced to go on a low-sodium diet due to congenital high blood pressure, and finding things with little to no sodium that actually taste good has been REALLY hard. I picked the Bear Naked All-Natural Granola, Fruit and Nut last night and it is wonderful. Its pleasantly sweet-not bland, and leaves a great aftertaste, unlike other natural granolas. the fruit and nuts in it are fresh, even without preservatives. Better yet, it has 0 (zero, none, nada) sodium!! A little Bear Naked and some soy milk in the morning and I'm set. I definitely will recommend this to all my family and friends. Thanks Bear Naked!

1.0 out of 5 stars Company ingredients not worthy, September 16, 2010
I purchased a Bear Naked chocolate / peanut butter granola cereal first part of last year 2009. The Peanut
Butter recall came out. I asked the Bear Naked company if this cereal was involved in the recall. They said no
it was not. I still did not open the cereal. Then 3 weeks later I actually found it on the recall list. Then they
listed it on their site. I inquired again and asked for a refund. Sent several emails and received no response.
They do not back their own products. They were apparently using crappy peanuts in there own cereal and did not even know the source of the peanuts. Can't trust them on any of there items. I never got a refund. This company cannot be trusted. Stay away.

Rate and Discover Movies