5.0 out of 5 stars This wild Alaskan salmon is right off the hook good ...
Published on November 9, 2010 by D. Fowler

2.0 out of 5 stars This used to be a great product, used to be
I used to buy this at Costco when I used to live near one. After moving, I had a lot of difficulty finding canned wild salmon that is boneless, skinless, tastes descent, and won't break your wallet (I eat salmon every day). I lead a very busy schedule, so I don't always have time to prepare meals from scratch, but want to stay healthy, so I look for products such as this...
Published 20 months ago by Frugal Ant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This wild Alaskan salmon is right off the hook good ..., November 9, 2010
This review is from: Bear and Wolf Pink Salmon Wild Alaskan, 6-Count 6 Oz cans (Grocery)
If you are a fan of specialty smoked salmon or prefer to select your fish at a seafood counter you may not care for Bear & Wolf. This is almost right off the hook good. It has that "fishy" taste that I actually prefer, but if you serve this up to those who don't care for it you'll be getting a thumbs down. If you've tried the Kirkland brand, which is delightfully pink and flaky, you might be taken aback when you see and taste something from the wild. I do not like most canned salmon because it is farmed ... some farming conditions are less than optimal (such a turn off). This is wild Alaskan salmon that crumbles when you take a fork to it.

On the label it says, "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money refunded." If you like that right off the hook taste, you'll love it. For those who want to know most of the information given on the label for one can:

Ingredients: Alaskan Pink Salmon and Salt

Sodium 220mg ................................... 9%
Total Carb. 0g
Protein 13g ......................................... 23%
Calcium .............................................. 4%

*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum, January 2, 2011
Great taste, not too salty or fishy tasting. Can be eaten right out of the can if you want a quick high protein snack/meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could buy this by the case, October 25, 2011
I used to buy this at Costco when I lived in the area, but now having moved out of a Costco area, I can no longer find this item. Only online, and only at Amazon. hummmmmph! It is now double the price but still I love this item and will continue to shop to locate. Thanks, WW

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear and Wolf Pink Salmon Wild Alaskan, 6-Count 6 Oz cans, May 27, 2013
I love this salmon, taste just as good as red wild sockeye Alaskan salmon. I cook this in a light Indian curry way and we have it with chapatis.

2 cans salmon
1 red onion sliced
4 whole cloves
I large slice/or chopped tomato
2 cloves garlic sliced/crushed
1/4 hot pepper (optional, but adds the kick to the curry)
1 teaspoon curry powder (your favorite)
2 tablespoon oil
dash of black pepper
* You’ll notice that I didn’t add any salt, as I find that most canned foods are already loaded with salt. Add as you feel is necessary.

In a saucepan on medium/high heat, heat the oil add the cloves and then add the sliced onion and garlic and cook for a couple minutes on medium heat. Allow to soften and release it’s natural oils.

Now add the slices of hot pepper and allow to cook for about a minute, then add the curry powder and stir well. Let that cook (stir) cook for about 2 minutes, then add about 5 tablespoons of water and stir to pick up all the curry that may be stuck to the bottom of the pot.

Turn down the heat to low and allow the curry paste to cook for about 3-5 minutes… until all the liquid cooks off. Add the tomatoes. The next step is to empty the can of salmon into the pot and break apart (add the liquid from the can as well). Try to keep it in flakes, so there’s some texture to the final outcome. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer (covered).

With the lid on, it will spring some of it’s own juices. Cook this for about 5 minutes or until it thickens a bit. Remember to stir a couple times, but try not to break-up the fish too much.

Serve with naan, chapatis or rice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, October 11, 2013
Awesome salmon! It is the best canned salmon I have ever used. Very clean and not fishy smelling.. thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Handy and Easy to Store., January 27, 2012
Gary Peterson (San Diego, California USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Eat more fish. Eat more fish. I seem to read the advice everywhere. Well, that's not a bad idea for health reasons, and I like fish now and then. It just doesn't seem to work it's way into our diets often enough. Well, I discovered a way that may get around that problem. While shopping at my local Costco warehouse store, I discovered a wrapped set of six six-ounce cans of Bear & Wolf Pink Salmon. It's wild Alaskan salmon, packed with a little water and salt, and it's skinless and boneless.

I opened up a can when I got home. It has very little "fishy" odor, although my cats certainly got excited when the top came off the can, and the taste is fresh and mild. Excellent! One of the reviews suggested eating it raw, so that's what I did with a variety of salad veggies. Mmmmm, good. Nice lunch. I'll surely repeat this. Plus the unused portion in the can was easy to cap and return to the fridge. Another suggestion was to put it in casseroles for baking. Of course, I can hardly wait. A scalloped potato dish with salmon ought to be excellent. Or salmon with noodles. I can even take it along as a quality source of protein when I go camping. That's what I like about this product. It's high quality, real handy and easy to store.

Gary Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear & Wolf canned salmon, March 10, 2011
This is a really good quality canned salmon. Relatives in Florida told me about it; I live in Indiana. I can use it safely for many different cooking projects. It does not smell really fishy and looks good and tastes wonderful. I was pleased to be able to purchase it from Amazon as there is no near outlet in my Indiana town. I'd have to drive at last one hour one way to find an outlet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear and Wolf Pink Salmon Wild Alaskian, October 6, 2013
My daughter said she was very impressed with this salmon so I tried it and thought it was mild, not fishy. Because of this, ordered several cans and will continue to buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!!, August 22, 2013
Have been buying it at Costco...they've deleted it, along with a lot of other items I like....am NOT happy about this, although thankfully, Amazon has come through....I normally truly dislike canned salmon...too smelly, too pink (looks dyed), just yuck!!....Bear and Wolf's is none of those things...I used to be a tuna person, but even the albacore packed in water is not as good as this....am now addicted to it in salads, on crackers, is great with mayo, a little onion, garlic, a few herbs...highly recommended....Gemma

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, May 13, 2012
M. Cohen (Winchester, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Very high quality canned salmon. I mix it with some light mayo, a splash of lemon juice, and lemon pepper. Tastes wonderful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›