Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bear at Work (Bear Series) (Bear (Stella Blackstone))
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Board book|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 17, 2014
Our toddler loved the story and the colorful illustrations. A really adorable little book. We are very happy with it. We like to extend reading and enjoyment by pointing out various objects and things in the illustrations and asking our toddler to tell us what she thinks is happening in the story. The story is soothing enough to bedtime or naptime.
on August 23, 2014
I love all the books in this series except for this one. It reinforces this stereotype about people who work outside the home are "really" the only ones working. I wish it included a mother at home also at work. Also all the female bears are so stereotypical. Life eg. The florist bear is the female bear and the postal worker bear is the make bear. So disappointed
on July 24, 2015
Stella Blackstone writes adorable, quick, pages that are easy to read aloud and keep a 2 year old engaged. I love the bright colors and my daughter has fun pointing out the various bear occupations at the back of the book.
on June 12, 2013
"Bear at work is as busy as can be, bringing lots of surprises to you and to me." I have the whole thing memorized, because we have read it to my son (who will turn two in a few months) over and over and over. My husband and I find it charming, because the hard-working bear visits lots of interesting places around town. My son likes to point at and name the pictures.
Bear is heading into the post office with his mail sack. It's time to go to work. He is very busy because there are lots of letters and packages to put in his sack to be delivered to all kinds of people in town. Sometimes he delivers surprises to people. Ooops, there is a cat in a box, but I don't think he is supposed to go in the sack for delivery. His first stop is at the news shop "that sells the morning papers." He has some cartons for him and after he delivers them he is off to drop mail and packages at many homes along his route to the library. What do you think he brings there?

"He steps inside the café,
where he has a cup of tea."

"At the school, he gives a package
to the children in Room Three."

All the children look excited to get such an interesting looking package. Off to the farmer and then to the sick little bear. Finally all the mail has been delivered and he can take a rest, but "he'll be out again tomorrow, working hard and having fun!"

This book about the bear the Postman is a great story in rhyme that is quite catchy and within a few "reads" your youngster will be able to read most of it to you. The art work is very vibrant and colorful. In the back of the book there are ten career bears. There is a florist, a baker, a shopkeeper, a builder, a librarian, a waitress, a teacher, a doctor, a farmer and, of course, a postman. This is a marvelous little book to read at home or during circle time. What do you want to be when you grow up?
on August 28, 2009
I had never seen this book or others in the "Bear" series by Stella Blackstone until I ran into a few of them at another retailer. I've bought a ton of board books through Amazon, and in looking at books on the site, I never saw a link to this author's books. It's very surprising. Thank goodness I found this series, because the two I have from it (the other being BEAR ON A BIKE) are terrific. I plan to buy more.

Like the previous reviewer says, the rhyming is great and so too are the illustrations. I also like that the type is bigger and bolder than in most board books, so when my son starts to read, there will be no legibility issue here.

The one complaint I have, and it's a rather small one, is that there is so much variety in color on most of the two-page spreads (and the colors are very bright) that I worry my son is a little overwhelmed visually and unsure where to focus. That being said, I still really like the books.
on September 19, 2009
A wonderfully-crafted book for young children, Bear at Work depicts a busy postal-worker bear delivering letters and packages to other bears all over town. These other bears work in a variety of jobs, but they are not too busy to greet the mail carrier and accept their mail. Bright colors and straightforward text make this book a good choice for introducing pre-school age children to basic concepts in economics related to jobs, services, and producers.
on January 19, 2013
Another great book from the "bear" series - solid, thick pages suitable for toddlers to use by themselves. Nice rhyming and pictures - my 2 year-old loves it.
on July 6, 2013
My 2yr old daughter loves this book and all the Bear books but this one is currently one of her favs!
on May 10, 2016
My kids love these Bear series books. They are some of their favorite books to have read to them.