4.0 out of 5 stars All in All a Nice Tablet for the Price!
So Far, So Good.
Some specification caveats.

Published 2 months ago by Robert Joseph Kassel

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I just received. Small print instructions. Tablet looks ok.
Published 2 months ago by Matthew George

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars All in All a Nice Tablet for the Price!, September 18, 2014
This review is from: BearTab® Unlocked 7 Inch Android Tablet Phone (16GB) - Quad Core 1.5ghz - Best IPS LCD Screen - Bluetooth & GPS Support - 5MP Camera with Auto Focus - DDR RAM 1GB Memory - Phone Phablet - Front and Back Camera with Flash - Wifi + 3G - Cell Phones & Smartphones, Mobile w/ Dual Sim Card Slot - Android 4.4.2 KitKat - Tmobile, AT&T and GSM Sim Cards - 1 YEAR WARRANTY (Personal Computers)
So Far, So Good.
Some specification caveats.

It does have 16gb of memory but only 8gb internal and it includes an 8gb MicroSD Card in the expansion slot. Not a problem for me as I have a 16gb MicroSD Card from a previous device. And be forewarned that Android KitKat handles memory differently. It portions out the internal memory into a system partition and a "USB" partition. Only some applications can be transfered to the "USB" partition via the Application Manager but it is set as the default location for downloads.
It does show up under Mac OS and Microsoft OS as removable storage via USB so you can move files around that way as KitKat does not let you do that in the device anymore.
You need to remove a back cover to access the MicroSD slot and the SIM slots. It is made of thin plastic you you need to be careful.
The SIM slots (I have not used them yet) also are for a standard SIM card and not the MicroSIM cards that are in use now. Again not a problem for me as I have an adapter. (You can buy an adapter very cheap as they are a a standard give away with some pay as you go services. Price can be as low as one penny so look around. I did!)
The WiFi antennae is also connected to the back cover via two small contacts so again, be careful!
The screen is a true 7" display an it is nice and bright and is in 2.85 ratio in which films are shot so that this device is not as wide as other 7" tablets. The device is 7.3"x4.2"x0.3" so it doesn't fit well in a normal 7" case. They do sell a case on Amazon that says that it will fit this device but I cannot verify that.
It is very fast. The GPS works well. The cameras work well (0.3mp front & 5.0mp rear w/flash).
It only charges via the USB port which is okay but it makes charging a bit slow. It comes with the proper cables and charger needed for charging and transferring files.
The battery seems to last a long time. I transfered files and installed apps all day long on battery with no problems. And last night I watched a two hour movie and still had more than 50% charge remaining. We'll see how that holds up.
Someone said that it comes with a case but it does not.

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW, WOW, WOW!!!, September 18, 2014
Yes, WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I did not expect such a nice product when I was ordering this tablet. The super short shipping time motivated my purchase. I'm very impressed with the quality of the design, the feel is great and it is very fast. Thanks for the dual SIM, it helps a lot when travelling around.

4.0 out of 5 stars It also works well with no issues so far and has a good camera quality, September 21, 2014
It arrived on very early enough, before the actual date stated when i was buying it. It also works well with no issues so far and has a good camera quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 16, 2014
its really fast tablet!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, September 18, 2014
I just received. Small print instructions. Tablet looks ok.

1.0 out of 5 stars I say garbage!! Gee thanks, October 23, 2014
Completely unsatisfied if I could rate lower I would sent it to us all chipped up then broke within two days, I say garbage!! Gee thanks Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars great tab, but poor phone, October 5, 2014
Overall I'm pleased with the BearTab7. Using it now in fact. It's quick and has a good screen. SD card is must. Internal 1gb is rather small and is filled quickly though. Liked the dual sim idea, but the phone function is poor. The speaker is much too quiet for speaker phone or music. I have to use earphones or Bluetooth speaker. The external controls can easily be inadvertently depressed. This led to an unwanted reset. The tab is light and reasonably made, comes with swipe, Bluetooth and GPS. Phone would be just in emergencies though. The proximity sensor which prevents the keyboard functions when it's next to your head is not reliable, so you get a lot of uncommented inputs when calling, plus it's quiet. Aside from that I would recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good. Quad Core in deed my choice "fast and ..., October 4, 2014
BearTab® Unlocked 7 Inch...

Shipment:
Package arrived sooner then expected with Grade "A" Packing.
Setup was not necessary after turned on. The battery fully charged. Inserted TMO Micro SIM & connected immediately with 3G.

Performance: Good. Quad Core in deed my choice "fast and furious". Apps include Google play installed & Kit Kat 4.4.2 it's.

Issue: Couple times, I notice this Bear Tab dose seem hang, no respond & frozen. I Can't turn it off. Most of my colleagues told me that it's normal? Hmm...

3 Stars. Until next week result and update.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ib absolutely love this phablet, November 14, 2014
Ib absolutely love this phablet! Imagine my surprise when I found out that the only way you can use the phone to make and receive calls is if it is on speaker or if you have a headset. Not a big problem for me but may be for others. The reason for having to use it like this is because you can't hear otherwise. My only other issue is because of the shape I can not find a case for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I do like this Phablet, November 15, 2014
I purchased this BearTab on November 4 and received it on November 12. I am disappointed in the packaging. When I received it, I plugged it in and it the battery was at 85%. I was not expecting that. Also DU Speed Booster was already downloaded onto it. I "Force Stop" and "Disabled" the YouTube App and now I cannot do anything with my phablet. It says, "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped." I press "OK" and then it just pops up again. I have pushed the, what I am guessing is the Reset button, on the side and it did not help. It did not reset it? I used a paper clip and I am pretty sure it reached and pushed it because it turned the device off, but when I turn it back on, it still says the same thing. So I am frustrated about that. I have tried to contact BearTab on their site but when I click Submit, it says I did not answer the Captcha Math right and I entered it all the ways I could think of. I did a Whois check on BearTab and they are located in Arizona. I was thinking of maybe calling them this week.

My BearTab did not come with a case as I have seen others said theirs did?

When I ordered this item, I also ordered the SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter (SDSDQ-016, Bulk Package) item, BearTab® 7 Inch Android Tablet Case - UniGrip Edition - By Cush Cases (Black) item, and also 13-Month Tablet Accident Protection Plan ($0-200) from SmartGuard.

I bought a stylus and a screen protector for it at the Dollar Tree. At RadioShack, I bought a Power Bank too.

Also when I went to put in my 16GB Micro Memory Card, there was an 8GB Micro Memory Card already in it.

I went to WalMart and bought a Straight Talk kit for "Bring Your Own Phone" and it works with Straight Talk. The BearTab works fine with my home WiFi too.

The Phablet was doing good until I disabled and forced the YouTube app to stop.

I noticed that when sending a text message, with every letter that is typed, it vibrates and I could not find out how to turn that off. Hopefully I will be able to figure out how to turn that feature off because it is very annoying.

All in all this was not too bad of a purchase. I just hope I can get the problem I am having with it fixed and hopefully it does not cost me much (or at all).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›