Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on November 27, 2012
I decided to try this futuristic book other than my normal shape shifter romance books. I was really disappointed in how one sided the conversations were and that the male character was extremely Tarzan like. The worst thing for me was that after paying for the book and reading it the book ended in "To be continued...." I think the author would have been better off finishing or sending a second installment out at the same time as the first.
on November 23, 2012
This is SciFi, erotic romance at its finest. Beast Planet Part 1: Captive Surrender starts immediately after Anna finds herself abducted by sadistic aliens and thrust into a situation where she and other women are responsible for "species revival." After a different alien claims her, she starts her journey with reluctance, but slowly becomes enamored with her sexy, otherworldly gladiator.

Angela Castle weaves a tight story about finding love (and sex) where least expected. Amidst the horror of being ripped from home, her protagonist reveals the antithesis of his brawn. His nurturing and caring manner shows Anna what she has been missing.

Beast Planet Part 1: Captive Surrender ends with hope for the future and leads us to the 2nd of the series.

While there has been some discussion on the typos in this novella, it's mostly because of the British word choices and different spellings. Not just colour or favour, but there are words such as traveller instead of traveler, which is the Americanized version.
on November 29, 2012
i have to agree with the last review this is a bad copy of kaitlyn o'connor's novels the genisis series and i found it annoying that you have to pay for such a small part of the story! angela castles novels are often short, but usually full stories. this story goes nowhere except pregnancy, and is possibly only half the story maybe less. frustrating! this book needs to go back to the editor and be fixed up before being sold. swapping men is ok if deliberate but when the author gets confused ???? i'm paying for this!!!! save some money and just buy the original k o'connor novels.
on November 22, 2012
Not Ms. Castle's best work. Too short and not much of any character development. And dear god, the typos. But the worst part for me was the fact that the first sex scene in this book was plagiarized from Kaitlyn O'Connor's book Genesis (published feb 2007). Though Ms. O'Connor's version has more to it, parts of it are word for word reproduced in this book. Bad form Ms. Castle and for shame. It makes me wonder if this was a one off thing or have you done this before with other writer's work.
11 comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
I love a great alien story and this is another great book by one of my favorite authors. I liked that the heroine Anna was both smart and strong even with all the horror going on around her. Anna made the decision to accept her situation and realized that she needed to do everything in her power to live. Her first meeting with the hero Morrdrook was scary as hell but this did not stop Anna from being able to see the good in him and to eventually love him and accepting him as the wonderful male that he is. I was excited to find out that there is another book coming and hope that we get more from this new alien world. A big thank you to Angela for giving me a tall heroine to love!
on November 25, 2012
This was a pretty entertaining story, and I am a sucker for all these sci fi romances. Not very detailed, but still pretty descriptive. The beginning was promising, then the middle got all wonky due to tons of editing/proofing errors. For example: There are actually a few couples that feature in the story, but somehow in the middle, the warriors switched women and got mixed up. I had to go back and re-read very carefully since I was getting confused as to who-was-with-who. That really broke up the imagery the author was trying to create, fell sort of flat. Also, the cover picture for this book is interesting, but not really matching the male hero's description. In fact their description is not very clear in the book. I re-read those bits a couple times but I got nothing except big, pale guys with lots of glowing blue swirlies running around in a loin cloth. Another gripe is the abrupt ending and no real conclusion...tease tease tease. So if you're looking for lots of imagery where you can really visualize this world and the characters, its not in this book. It's kind of like the movies where a lot of un-believable stuff happens, but you remain very skeptical. This is very light reading, nothing too deep.
on November 25, 2012
I liked the storyline very much however, the almost immediate acceptance by the heroine is unrealistic. Also, the author must edit her work carefully as she mixed up the couples names a number of times.
on November 21, 2012
This book was really short and the typos made it a difficult read. I became confused during the story due to the amount of typos. I can typically overlook the errors, but there were so many. It had the potential of a really good story but overall it was disappointing.
11 comment6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2012
I have been reading this book for three days, and I am only 75% through it. The reason it is taking so long is that I get bored, put it down, and go to another book. The story sounded interesting but my hopes were dashed by dull characters and total lack of tension in the story. These women are kidnapped by aliens for breeding purposes, and their primary reaction is, "Oh, okay". I'm sorry, but if this is going to be a series, the author needs to come up with better stuff.
on August 24, 2014
Book terrible. Man talk like this. He like breed with big woman. Make bud and hold tup for fuck-fuck. Hahaha! Oh my god I am dying. This was hilariously bad. I didn't even make it to the first sex scene. I almost always I try to make it through the book and really give it an honest chance, but I just couldn't here. (And btw, anyone who has read Ral's Woman will notice the HUGE similarities to the story-line here - at least in the few chapters I read!)