5.0 out of 5 stars The best diabetes book on the market that I have found.
Published on June 22, 2008 by T. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Info Overload
Like many books written by doctors, there is a massive amount of conflicting information and the recommended treatments are way too complicated for any person to follow. It seems doctors can't help but try to impress with all they know. There is useful information here but it is buried and must be mined and separated from the "don't-need-to-know" information.
Published 4 months ago by rich@regenesis.net

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best diabetes book on the market that I have found., June 22, 2008
T. Martin (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
Explains the causes and treatments for diabetes and related illnesses, based on scientific research with references to back up the data. This book is a couple of years old (copyright 2006) and with the rapid advancements in medicine and research, it should be updated to include this information. An example would be the explanation of fructose - they describe it in short as a low GL sugar because the liver has to convert it to glucose, but recent information gleaned on the web indicates that larger doses of fructose overload the liver and the excess it converted to fats and sends them off in the bloodsteam as trigicerides. Another is Xylitol, a "good" sugar alcohol, which additional information on the web reveals that it is toxic to dogs - so don't give them your leftovers. In short, do your due diligence.

Overall, the best book I have found on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat Diabetes naturally, November 14, 2006
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
This is a great book. My husband has uncontrolled diabetes, mainly because the doctors haven't educated us about glycemic index and glycemic load. This is very cut and dried and very easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xcellent BOOK!!!, October 16, 2010
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
This book explains the "mainstream medicine's theory" of diabetes very, very well. You are better off buying this book than going off and searching for all the information out there. I borrowed this book from the library before I bought it. Also, between this book and "There is a Cure for Diabetes" by Gabriel Cousens, they both cover the subject of Diabetes and treatment/cure as much as two books probably can. I haven't read too many other books on diabetes, but the ones I have read are pretty much useless and there's so much info in these two books that it's pretty much comprehensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabetes Help!, February 3, 2007
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
Great book with a lot of useful info in one volume. Lots of stuff I didn't already know or would take a lot of time to discover. This will do nothing but make dealing with your diabetes that much easier. Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for preventing and treating Diabetes, August 25, 2011
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
I thought this was a great book, it is very comprehensive. It makes very specific recommendations for all types of diabetes, it has a glycemic index, and a glycemic load index, for common foods. It has diet plans, and supplement lists, that say how much to take, and how much to eat. They tell you to consult with your Dr., and even have a letter that you can copy to give to your Dr. They discuss all the different lab tests, and what they show. It would definitely help physicians in dealing with diet and supplements, to help keep blood sugar under control. I don't have diabetes, but my sister and brother were both diagnosed with it. I wanted a book that would help me prevent getting diabetes, and this book does that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item for the Price, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
When I ordered this book, I expected a paperback for the price I paid. I was pleasantly surprised to have QUICKLY received this book in hardcover format. Great item at a great price! As for the book itself, there is a lot of information. Some of it is a bit too scientific for the normal layman (some of the diagrams and charts of cells and such are a bit too complex for me), however, most of the information is easy to understand and makes a lot of sense. Lots of suggestions on how to lower your glucose levels and diet suggestions. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book might save my life, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
It sounds a little over the top but I mean it. This book might save my life. Not that I have uncontrolled diabetes, I don't. I just have diabetes. But after reading this book I began following most of their diet and supplement recomendations and I've found that my numbers have been changing and stablizing for the good. The book is detailed enough with scientific information to give you an overview without being too technical for the average person. The recomendations they make are concrete, even specifying which brands to use for certain products which is an incredible time saver.
Why might it save my life? By following their plan I believe I'll lose weight, stablize my blood glucose, lower my blood pressure and be healthier overall. I'll revisit this review in six months and let you know how it going. Thank you Drs. Murray and Lyon, you've made this world a better place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, November 15, 2008
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
Good advice for type 2 diabetics, and for persons at risk for this disorder. It describes the best way to alter your diet, and it explains the roll of moderate exercise (or physical activity) to guarantee success. Type 2 diabetes is a fully preventable disease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with hope to avoid what I saw my mom go through, April 26, 2013
Susan N. Kendall (Big Island of Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
So far I am enjoying the book but am worried that with a very large carnivore husband that it will be hard to eat red meat only once or twice per month as the doctors prescribe. Also there are lots of dietary adjustments that seem really strict to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. My mom was 2 years older than me when she got type 2 diabetes and died 10 years later of heart disease. She might have had it for a long time before it was discovered. So far I have reduced my A1C test results a lot,which is encouraging. I hope to avoid her fate of dying of a heart attack. Good book to read if you have an apple shape and are overweight to anyone. I had gestational diabetes on both pregnancies but way back then it was not treated during pregnancy. This and my mom's type 2 adult onset give me an 80% chance of getting diabetes and I was 1 point away from having it. I have too much to do to die in 10 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Info, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Beat Diabetes Naturally (Hardcover)
Good info on the natural way of getting healthy. We are trying to eat organic and as natural as possible. Getting rid of as much processed foods as possible. Would recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Beat Diabetes Naturally
Beat Diabetes Naturally by Michael T. Murray (Hardcover - January 15, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.01