Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 22, 2008
Explains the causes and treatments for diabetes and related illnesses, based on scientific research with references to back up the data. This book is a couple of years old (copyright 2006) and with the rapid advancements in medicine and research, it should be updated to include this information. An example would be the explanation of fructose - they describe it in short as a low GL sugar because the liver has to convert it to glucose, but recent information gleaned on the web indicates that larger doses of fructose overload the liver and the excess it converted to fats and sends them off in the bloodsteam as trigicerides. Another is Xylitol, a "good" sugar alcohol, which additional information on the web reveals that it is toxic to dogs - so don't give them your leftovers. In short, do your due diligence.

Overall, the best book I have found on the subject.
on November 14, 2006
This is a great book. My husband has uncontrolled diabetes, mainly because the doctors haven't educated us about glycemic index and glycemic load. This is very cut and dried and very easy to understand.
on August 25, 2011
I thought this was a great book, it is very comprehensive. It makes very specific recommendations for all types of diabetes, it has a glycemic index, and a glycemic load index, for common foods. It has diet plans, and supplement lists, that say how much to take, and how much to eat. They tell you to consult with your Dr., and even have a letter that you can copy to give to your Dr. They discuss all the different lab tests, and what they show. It would definitely help physicians in dealing with diet and supplements, to help keep blood sugar under control. I don't have diabetes, but my sister and brother were both diagnosed with it. I wanted a book that would help me prevent getting diabetes, and this book does that.
on October 16, 2010
This book explains the "mainstream medicine's theory" of diabetes very, very well. You are better off buying this book than going off and searching for all the information out there. I borrowed this book from the library before I bought it. Also, between this book and "There is a Cure for Diabetes" by Gabriel Cousens, they both cover the subject of Diabetes and treatment/cure as much as two books probably can. I haven't read too many other books on diabetes, but the ones I have read are pretty much useless and there's so much info in these two books that it's pretty much comprehensive.
on October 9, 2012
When I ordered this book, I expected a paperback for the price I paid. I was pleasantly surprised to have QUICKLY received this book in hardcover format. Great item at a great price! As for the book itself, there is a lot of information. Some of it is a bit too scientific for the normal layman (some of the diagrams and charts of cells and such are a bit too complex for me), however, most of the information is easy to understand and makes a lot of sense. Lots of suggestions on how to lower your glucose levels and diet suggestions. Great book.
on April 26, 2013
So far I am enjoying the book but am worried that with a very large carnivore husband that it will be hard to eat red meat only once or twice per month as the doctors prescribe. Also there are lots of dietary adjustments that seem really strict to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. My mom was 2 years older than me when she got type 2 diabetes and died 10 years later of heart disease. She might have had it for a long time before it was discovered. So far I have reduced my A1C test results a lot,which is encouraging. I hope to avoid her fate of dying of a heart attack. Good book to read if you have an apple shape and are overweight to anyone. I had gestational diabetes on both pregnancies but way back then it was not treated during pregnancy. This and my mom's type 2 adult onset give me an 80% chance of getting diabetes and I was 1 point away from having it. I have too much to do to die in 10 years!
on February 26, 2014
I saw this book on TV. They wanted way to much so I looked on Amazon. So much cheaper. I bought this book for my husband who has diabetes. This book has a lot of great information. He now uses pear infused vinegar on his salad which he loves. His sugar level are under control and now he has lost 50 pounds.
on February 3, 2007
Great book with a lot of useful info in one volume. Lots of stuff I didn't already know or would take a lot of time to discover. This will do nothing but make dealing with your diabetes that much easier. Get it!
on February 26, 2010
It sounds a little over the top but I mean it. This book might save my life. Not that I have uncontrolled diabetes, I don't. I just have diabetes. But after reading this book I began following most of their diet and supplement recomendations and I've found that my numbers have been changing and stablizing for the good. The book is detailed enough with scientific information to give you an overview without being too technical for the average person. The recomendations they make are concrete, even specifying which brands to use for certain products which is an incredible time saver.
Why might it save my life? By following their plan I believe I'll lose weight, stablize my blood glucose, lower my blood pressure and be healthier overall. I'll revisit this review in six months and let you know how it going. Thank you Drs. Murray and Lyon, you've made this world a better place.
VINE VOICEon November 15, 2008
Good advice for type 2 diabetics, and for persons at risk for this disorder. It describes the best way to alter your diet, and it explains the roll of moderate exercise (or physical activity) to guarantee success. Type 2 diabetes is a fully preventable disease.