4.0 out of 5 stars Good time consumer
Let me start off by saying that I am 17 years old. My parents are in their 40s. My brother(20 years old) and I played this game with our parents for some "quality time," and it was actually kind of fun!

Published on August 24, 2011 by Brooke B.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Not Much Fun.
Not much to say, the cards were either incredibly hard or incredibly easy, and there aren't enough questions in the game itself for it to even have much of a replay value with the same people again. If they released extra and better cards for it, or a newer better edition, I might consider buying it, but only after reading a lot of reviews for it.

I like the...
Published on January 30, 2012 by Liolania

4.0 out of 5 stars Good time consumer, August 24, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The game is pretty simple and the rules on the box explain them perfectly! The questions are pretty good. Sometimes I couldn't answer the kid questions and my parent couldn't answer the adult ones, but that is to be expected. We had hours of fun playing this game though.

If you like trivia and being asked questions, then this is the game for you! The game is a mix of checkers and trivia. Once you answer a question correctly, you move your game piece forward on the board. When you have all your pieces on the other side of the board, you win! There are tons of cards so there are always new questions to answer.

Overall, I think the game is pretty good. It's not my favorite board game ever but it definitely passes the time and helps you learn some pretty cool facts!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Not Much Fun., January 30, 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I like the concept of the game, its a great idea, but for it really work as a trivia game, it needs to have more cards (and not have the answers to questions on the cards so easily read), closer to the amount you'de get with a game like Apples to Apples or Trivial Pursuit, and have questions that aren't extremely easy for one age group and not the other, it is too easy for the children to win, and too hard for the adults, maybe that's the real reason its called "Beat the Parents"? ;P

I'd pass on this one until a newer and better one comes out, or another game company improves upon it because this one just doesn't cut it as being fun or replayable.

God Bless ~Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for everyone, September 21, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought this would have been just another average game that I would play with the kids and that they would have been bored of after about 10 minutes. Was I in for a surprise. The game turned out to be much more fun than we thought possible. Even my 6 year old got in on the action by answering the questions that he knew the answers for. It turned out that quite a few questions that we thought we knew the answers for we actually had no clue. It was really funny also hearing my kids answer questions that the parents knew. The guesses were totally hilarious. My 15 year old actually thought that pineapples grew on trees. :) It's a very educational game and lots of fun for the entire family. I only wished that it was expandable because after playing for a while the kids started memorizing the answers. I would definitely recommend this game for anyone with kids and grandkids. They would totally enjoy it. I know our family did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kids questions are too hard, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Beat The Parents Board Game (Toy)
We've tried to play this once, but my 7 year old couldn't answer any of the questions. I don't see up playing it again for a while

2.0 out of 5 stars Harder than it Looks, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Beat The Parents Board Game (Toy)
The game is a good game. Typical trivia game. The reason I do not like it is because it says for ages 6+. Some of the questions for the kids were extremely difficult. My almost 9 year old daughter had trouble (and she's very smart, in the talented and gifted program at her school). Even her father and I didn't know the answers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for kids younger than 10, April 30, 2013
S. (Glen Allen, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Beat The Parents Board Game (Toy)
This game says it's appropriate for ages 6+, but there's no way kids as young as 6 (or 7, 8, or 9) would know the answers to 90% of these questions, let alone be able to even read the cards aloud to their parents. (My 6-year-old kindergartner reads as well as a third grader and has difficulty reading some of the words.) The game is not fun at all for him and is nothing but frustrating. Maybe in six years he'll enjoy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, if not novel, concept - questionable execution, January 30, 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The concept is simple enough and as old as the hills: parents and children try to stump each other while showing off how smart they are, in a good-natured way. The object, aside from having fun, is to demonstrate the virtue of being knowledgeable.

Here, the publisher has attempted to turn the concept into a board game - and failed.

The first failing is the emphasis on popular culture. So many of the books, TV characters and movies relied on will be yesterday's news the day after tomorrow.

Second, is the production. Questions and answers are on the same side of the card. Uhmmm, there's a problem with that.

Third, the idea of a kid's game should be fun for the kids, even if - and in spite of - the parents (grownups!) are involved. This game edges toward feeling like a teacher's aid. I didn't think it was a lot of fun for my grandchildren - and neither did they.

The game mechanics are inane. Just a gigantic card deck with challenging questions and answers would be better, in my opinion.

Overall, I think the designers missed their mark. Not a whole lot of fun for kids or adults and, in the final analysis, not educational either.

Jerry

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh, Not That Much Fun, September 8, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This game has a simple premise: kids try to stump parents by asking questions that only kids are likely to know, and vice versa. Sounds like great fun, but it really isn't.

The questions for kids, being for ages 6 and up, might be a little hard for the younger set, but are ridiculously easy for older kids (questions like "if you have six cookies and take away three.." are likely to make eyes roll.) The questions for parents might be a bit harder, depending on your age and how much you're involved in pop culture. Surely someone in their late 20s would be able to answer most, if not all of the questions. And then there's the problem, as others have noted, of not enough questions. Play the game twice and you've gone through them all. Then what?

All in all, this wasn't a horrible game, but I recommend spending your money on something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game but needs additional card packs, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Beat The Parents Board Game (Toy)
Our family loves this game. We have a 7 and 12 year old and we play as teams parents vs. kids. Lots of laughs, lots of fun and some good trivia. The only reason I would not rate it a 5 star is because after 2 times of play we are starting to repeat some questions. They definitely need to sell some extra packs of cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too hard? Too easy? It depends., July 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, this is a fun game. The parents ask kids questions that would be hard for them, like history and other common trivia. The kids in turn ask parents questions about current cartoons and other things kids would be likely to know, but parents would most likely struggle with. Here is the thing, though. Some kids are smart, and know tons of trivia and history. And some parents are "hip" and know about things like SpongeBob Squarepants and Disney Princesses. So the game could be easy or hard depending on the family.

Also, the game is supposed to be relatively challenging. If everyone knows every question, it isn't much fun. On the other hand, if no one can answer any question, it's also no fun. However, you can modify the game by providing hints to make questions easier or leaving out details to make them harder to answer.

Overall, this is a good game and it is fun now but my biggest problem with it is what is going to happen to this game in 20 years. None of the kids questions will be relevant anymore. This is a very "pop culture" oriented game and is not going to withstand the test of time. I can't give it a low rating because of that, however, because as of today, right now, my family and I (wife and 2 pre teens) enjoy the game and have played it about 10 times and we all enjoy it.

Beat The Parents Board Game