4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Beat Making Software
Published on June 23, 2012 by Kegz

2.0 out of 5 stars My Fellow Beatmakers, We Perish For the Lack of Knowledge...
Published 5 months ago by dean rogan II

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Beat Making Software, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
I bought this software after seeing some of the youtube videos on the product. I got the PC version. I was very skeptical at first. It still has some bugs to work out (like online sampling) but overall the capability of this product is pretty phenomenal. It comes with tons of samples, instruments and pre-made beats and you can start doing a great deal of beat creation right out the box. I was blown away by what you can do with this software.

I use Ableton Live and Beat Thang Virtual software is much more user friendly (although Ableton Live has a ton more funtionality in terms of a broad range of music production capability). Beat Thang Virtual is srictly focused on beat production and in this narrow vain, it does what it was designed to do well. You can chop samples easily and do a fair amount of manipulation with the sound waves. I can convert my itunes songs into wav format and drop them into Beat Thang Virtual to sample. I've used several midi controllers with BTV. My AKAI MPK49 works best although my Korg Nano PAD works pretty good as well and is far more portable. Once I'm done and I've created my beat sample or loops, I can export them from BTV to a folder in wav format and play them in itunes or any other digital player. I usually drop them into Virtual DJ Pro so I can cold rock a party with a home made joint that gets the crowd hyped!

The only reason I did not give this software a five is because the technical support was very weak. After my 60 day free trial period, I had a very difficult time getting the software authorized so I could continue to use it. It took about two months of contacting various people at BTV until the vendor who sold me the item through Amazon.com (HIP HOP Tools) got me in touch with AJA (one of the firm executives) to get the software authorized. He was cool though. He personally authorized my software and got me up and running again but it should not have been that difficult. Overall though, BTV is da shiznit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat Thang Virtual BTV SOLO, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
This a Great Beat Making SOftware so easy to use. They all new and Improved is now available on there site. Its cheaper there only $39.95
beatthangvirtualsoft(dot)com

5.0 out of 5 stars by far the best, March 30, 2012
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
trust me, beat thang is the ultimate software for making beats. almost every sound in the arsonal is bangin, and there is thousands. It is simple to learn. I got it and with in 3 hours i was already able to have a custom kit put together with edited sounds to my liking and even sample from you tube and mix it in as well. That fast. Their suuport is also top of the line too. I had to get a new pc and when I did, their support took care of me right away, and even after I couldnt understand somethin, the tech tried a few instant messages to help me, I still didnt get it, so he asked for my number and called me and helped me solve the problem right there on the spot over the phone walking me thru step by step what I was doin wrong. I am still amazed after havin this for 8 months. I still find myself just goin into it and clickin away for hours when I open it and go thru factory kit and sample. I am tellin u, who ever will listen, this will be the hip hop beat maker of the future. it will be to the next generation what the mpc is to hip hop. A studio just isnt complete without an mpc, a shure sm58 mic and u can now add beat thang to that list. The only problem I have is that i would love to go grab the actual beat thang machine, but at around 1000 bucks, its a little costly for me about now, but, mark my word, I will have one soon. If u have a pc or a mac, u can get this for under 100 bucks and as soon as u install it, just click on the factory kits, scroll thru and check out like every 3rd, 5th, or even 6th one, i bet u there is not one kit that u come across that u say i Dont think i can use that, every kit is off the hook. Definatley the best beat maker. The worst sounds in the btv is still better than every sound in dubturbo, sonic and every other kind of virtual beat makers. U will not be dissapointed, it wont be a mistake, in fact, the only mistake u can make is to not order and install this right now! peace!

2.0 out of 5 stars My Fellow Beatmakers, We Perish For the Lack of Knowledge..., July 9, 2014
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
It's 2014 now, and I bought this back when they were giving them away at about half-price (79.99). I too ran into the pseudo-sampler, the alleged effects, and the crash-filled sequencer as part of my problems. I'm also not enthralled with the purported 500 or so drum sounds when they almost all sound alike, just reused and renamed for their kits with minimal change if any. The only thing I can say, even after getting with support for most of what I mentioned, is that I'm glad I didn't part with any more than I did to get it. Now I'm back to an MPC-based recording system for my big projects, and Caustic 3 (on my tablet and PC) for my scratchpad-level projects. Don't get me wrong - it doesn't flat-out suck; it just doesn't do everything it said it would, which is what ANY product worth its price SHOULD do.

(BTW...I'm quite OK with the name, given the intended demographic for this product. I just expected far less problems given how much I paid for it. Maybe my kids will enjoy it more than I thought I would...)

1.0 out of 5 stars I TRIED BUT ITS CRAP !!!, April 20, 2014
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
I BOUGHT THIS SOFTWARE ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT , TRIGGERED A FEW SOUNDS AND WAS IMPRESSED BUT NEVER DOVE IN , I WENT BACK TO USING REASON 4 AND NEVER REALLY MESSED WITH IT , ITJUST SAT ON MY DESKTOP ICON UNTIL I RECENTLY INSTALLED CURRENT UPDATE AND WAS READY TO ROCK . NOW I SEE WHY I LET IT SIT SO LONG , THE SEQUENCER IS TERRIBLE, AND MY TIMING IS PRETTY GOOD, 1/16 IN REASON ON POINT ! BUT IN THIS THING ITS ALWAYS OFF , I MESSED WITH QUANTIZE , THE SWING I DID ALL I COULD IT SUCKS, SOMETIME THE KITS DON'T LOAD, THE SEQUENCER LOADS WHAT IT WANTS TO LOAD , SAY U WANT JUST A NICE BRASS YOU AUDITIONED IN KIT MODE. WELL WHEN YOU SWITCH TO PATTERN ITS GONE. PERSONALLY I WOULD HAVE PAID 150 FOR THE SOUND KIT THEY PUT IN THE PROGRAM AND JUST GAVE THEM BACK THE SOFTWARE. IM DISSAPOINTED BECAUSE I REALLY WAS LOOKING FOR THAT EXTRA INGREDIENT TO TAKE ME TO THE NEXT LEVEL CREATIVELY. BTV GETS 2 THUMBS DOWN. IF THEY SELL KITS IN WAV FORMAT GET THAT BUT LEAVE THIS ALONE IT WILL JUST DISTRACT YOU, USE WHAT U BEEN USING YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE SOUNDS YOU PUT IN ANY PROGRAM, I BOUGHT NEW UP TO DATE KITS FOR REASON AND FL STUDIO AND ITS ON AGAIN !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup beat thang, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
Best thing for making new beats and start up into the music making very cool kit also a little difficult to understand but once you get it you got it. I recommend you have a drum ad or key board combined makes it easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars making hot beats, November 10, 2012
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
love it man so easy and simple to use this is a great product ive already made an 16 track instrumental cd

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat Kangz is an AWESOME organization!, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Beatkangz Beat Thang Virtual Beat Production Software
Software was EVERYTHING I imagined. I can't wait to buy the actual machine. One of the most exciting products I have ever owned!!!!! I am going to buy everything this company makes. And the seller, Hip-Hop Tools, deserves kudos for fast service and for REALLY caring about your satisfaction.