Beatle Remasters/Reissues On Vinyl?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2009 4:50:47 PM PDT
Two Tub Man says:
Since vinyl, the format the majors declared dead and obsolete
20 years ago, is a hot commodity right now, are there any plans to reissue the upcoming remasters on LP?
And will they do a better job on the LP's than they did on those crappy mid 90's reissues?

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 10:08:22 PM PDT
M. Marsden says:
Bump. I was wondering the same thing, anyone hear news of the remasters coming to vinyl?

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 10:55:43 PM PDT
That would be cool if they did!

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 12:42:14 PM PDT
J. Keeling says:
Rumor has it the vinyl will be released in November.

Posted on Aug 30, 2009 3:43:06 PM PDT
N. Parkinson says:
There are no plans to issue the remasters on vinyl.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 2:36:23 PM PDT
T. Horne says:
N. Parkinson you sound authoritative! I for one hope you are misinformed. I would buy the set on vinyl for sure.

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 5:02:48 AM PDT
Bryan Los says:
I was in Best Buy a couple weeks back.. and to my surprise what did I see? A vinyl copy of Abbey Road. It was on a small shelf with some other notable LPs. I got a flash back remember when CDs first came out, when they were relegated to a small shelve, and vinyl filled the bins. Could final make a comeback? Not for the masses, but there is a niche and retro listeners who want vinyl. Maybe a "limited" LP collection? I'd probably get that.

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 5:10:51 AM PDT
How much is a decent turntable these days? I'd love a vinyl set (but I'd kill if someone scratched my vinyl)!!!

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 10:29:53 AM PDT
F. Brass says:
Back in the 1980s I bought a box set of all the vinyl British versions of the Beatles albums, from Please Please Me to Abbey Road with a singles LP thrown in that had much of what was later released as Past Masters vol. 1 and 2.

I still listen to them and they sound amazing. The vinyl was light, not 180 grams, so back then, I taped them and listened and got to love them on vinyl to tape versions. I later of course bought the 1987 CD remasters, which I also have thoroughly enjoyed.

I was thrilled to get the early American releases of the Beatles early albums in that box set a couple of years ago.

Tomorrow I will be first in line to get the new Beatles Mono Box, plus Yellow/Abbey/Let it be stereo single albums to round out my collection.

I can't wait!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2009 11:56:19 AM PDT
stevign says:
Stephen:

Here's a few turntables and my reaction:

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/07/turntable-mania.php

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/07/turntable-mania.php

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 12:35:54 PM PDT
I found one dealer who was willing to swap a Mono Box set for two Cabbage Patch dolls that I paid $1,800 for back in 1980.

I think I got the better deal. He claimed to have a buyer for the dolls, but I don't believe him.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2009 12:50:55 PM PDT
stevign says:
Kevin:

re: "He claimed to have a buyer for the dolls, but I don't believe him"

Probably a member of NAMBLA.

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 1:06:40 PM PDT
"NAMBLA"

I had to look that one up. This dealer has not left his house in 30 years, and he still thinks Cabbage Patch dolls are hot items. But I bet that 30 years from now, a mint Cabbage Patch doll will be worth alot more than a mint Mono Boxset.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2009 10:50:44 AM PDT
B says:
I saw a blurb that said they would be released in england circa Nov 11.
no word on USA.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 3:16:46 AM PDT
PETER XUEREB says:
Guys, I was reading the July issue of Record Collector magazine and came across this tantalising little snippet on page 13 and I quote:

"The Beatles catalogue is due as LP reissues and a 16-LP box set with a 100-page book on 4 October (2010)".

Has anybody heard anything "definitive" or otherwise? Of course I'm salivating..to a point. I'm hoping that if the 2009 Remasters are issued on LP that it's with the expanded artwork, even if we get inner sleeves with the pictures & liner notes instead of a booklet. There will be those out there saying "NOOOOOOO, release them as they were originally". I have at least 2+ copies of all of the studio albums in multiple versions..."With The Beatles" alone comprises 4 Aussie pressings, the 1990's UK, Japanese & Canadian (the latter's called "Beatlemania With The Beatles" but its effectively the same LP) not to mention 3 CD's. For me this set needs to be "different" enough to attract my attention. The thing I love about the vinyl versions of the 1990's/2000's Apple LP releases is the LP cover art...YSS, BBC, Anthology 1-3, 1, LIBN & Love all look amazing in LP form..particularly with the inserts of the last 3. LIBN & Love's booklets look grand in the larger format. The inner sleeves, pictures & poster of "1" bring back memories of the White album. I had resisted them all initially having been content with the CD's but after I saw most of them in Bruce Spizer's "Beatles On Apple" book I was hooked, so I hunted them all down. Now I make a rule of getting vinyl equivalents of new Beatles CD's. The other question will be if vinyl versions of the 2010 remastered Red & Blue will follow?

Posted on Sep 12, 2010 10:48:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2010 10:49:08 AM PDT
Steve says:
Well, it's now September 12th, and other than CD reissues of the Red & Blue compilation albums (no doubt including the remastered tracks from 2009) that are scheduled to be released on October 19th, I haven't heard anything about vinyl reissues of the Beatles catalog as of yet. Bummer!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2010 9:41:43 AM PDT
Record Collector is a British magazine, so the release date was probably meant for England, as oposed to the US. We always get everything late, if at all. That's the bummer.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 2:14:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2010 2:16:53 PM PDT
tmoore says:
Yesterday, I was in a CD store in Towson MD; this store has a whiteboard on which they list the dates of new releases with artist name only. Under October 19, the Beatles were listed. When I asked what was being released, they said the Beatles on vinyl.

I didn't ask any follow-up questions, and have no idea if that is right. We'll know soon enough if it is. I usually get don't get things on the release date anyway, and am not really interested in getting these recordings on vinyl, so it's not a big deal to me -- but I thought I'd share this after reading this thread.

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 7:19:29 AM PST
D. Ford says:
Well guys, October 2010 has come and gone and still no new Beatles vinyl. Sigh. Anyone hear anything new?

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 11:35:07 PM PST
I don't understand why they have not done the vinyl for these 090909 releases?? We see just about everybody who is anyone putting out a vinyl version (even that sorry excuse for Guns and Roses) of their latest release and vintage re-releases so why, tell me why the greatest rock n roll band of all time does not get that same treatment?? Do they think they will not sell, that is just plain stupid! Oh well it is Nov 21 2010 and it looks like nothing this year. And you would think if they did not put them out last year on Sep 9th, or shortly after, then they are not going to do it. It's sad to think it but...

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 12:47:05 AM PST
PETER XUEREB says:
I'm thinking that because the Apple reissue schedule was quite full with the remasters of Red & Blue, The Lennon Catalogue and the Apple CD reissues (Badfinger, Billy Preston , Mary Hopkin etc.), then the Beatles LP remasters have probably been put on the back-burner temporarily so as not to further flood the market. Let's face it, those that will buy the abovementioned remasters would probably make the Beatles LP Remasters priority #1 and we mostly all have limited funds don't we guys & gals? I'm really hoping there will be LP versions of the Red & Blue remasters too. I guess we'll just have to be patient won't we?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 4:53:08 AM PST
stevign says:
JD:

re: " (even that sorry excuse for Guns and Roses) "

There is no excuse, they're just plain sorry.

re: "Do they think they will not sell, that is just plain stupid!"

Oh I'm sure sure the boys at Apple know that there's a select few who would still purchase albums but as Peter pointed out, it's not priority #1. Maybe they'll just make a select few like some car manufacturers do, charge an arm and a leg for 'em and making them instant Collector Items. I wonder if they've thought about making them in color? Sgt. Peppers could sport psychedelic colors and a hologram surface.

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 9:14:56 AM PST
Jimi says:
"Maybe they'll just make a select few like some car manufacturers do, charge an arm and a leg for 'em and making them instant Collector Items"

Oh, you mean like how they did with the mono box and apple usb? It will be hard to trust anything Apple releases is "Limited Edition" after those debacles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2010 9:22:07 AM PST
stevign says:
What was wrong with the "Mono Box"?

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 10:13:59 AM PST
F. Brass says:
I own the Mono Box and there is nothing wrong with it at all. Sound is pristine, plus some of the albums that were released in stereo as well are included on the same CD. Not the remastered versions but the originals, so you can compare. I believe Help! and Rubber Soul were released in both. I still prefer the mono versions, but it is fun to have the other ones, too. I have not yet bought the Stereo remastered box set, but I will because I must have ALL BEATLES releases. I already bought the Yellow Submarine, Let It Be and Abbey Road remasters, and based on those I can't wait to get my hands on the whole collection remastered, not to mention the mini documentaries. Plus, the long black box looks super cool.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions