5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Soundtrack
Published on February 18, 2013 by Texas Capricorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is Sixteen Moons?
I don't actually have this yet, but having read the book, my one thought when I look at the track list is why isn't sixteen moons on the soundtrack. It was a very important song for the book plot.
Published 23 months ago by Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Soundtrack, February 18, 2013
For me, a movie is made memorable (or unmade completely) by the music that accompanies it. Thankfully, the Beautiful Creatures soundtrack/score follows mostly in the vein of the Twilight scores: atmospheric music that's incredibly easy to listen to, sounds great, and blends well. The New No. 2 deserve all the credit in the world for crafting a sound that's both smooth and creepy, folksy and electronic. Easily one of my favorite new CDs of the year - well worth listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enchanted muse in the making..., June 12, 2013
This is honey to the ears, haunting and sensuous, down to earth yet ethereal, a little gritty at times and always good. My ears are so happy when I listen to this. It's perfect for writing, for your inspiration to blossom, where your mind can de-stress and let go of the burdens of the day.

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect match of music to the movie's tone, March 9, 2013
Madman007 (Highland Heights, Kentucky United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I saw Beautiful Creatures and thought it was all right, yet eons better than anything Twilight. I was intrigued by the musical score and got the cd to the soundtrack here. I'm now reading the first book of four from the Beautiful Creatures set. I'm listening to the soundtrack in the background and it does the same thing that it did with the movie. It sets the tone. Southern Gothic I guess it's called and it's perfectly in tune with the images from the movie and in my head as I'm reading it. With certain pieces, I can visualize scenes from the movie, like with Make It Home (Ridley's Siren Mix), I can see Ridley walking towards Ethan from her sports car. The other greatest thing about the music, or rather thenewno2, is that Dhani Harrison is involved. As I listen to him play and sing, I can hear his father's soul shining through. And, oh, how that guitar gently weeps again.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent soundtrack, great as atmospheric background music and with ..., September 14, 2014
I can't add much to the reviews already posted. This is an excellent soundtrack, great as atmospheric background music and with a couple of good pop/rock tunes thrown in for good measure. My review would be 5 stars if the bonus Alice Englert song "Needle and Thread" had been included on the CD. It is only available on the MP3 album. I actually purchased the MP3 version first and then ordered the CD because I wanted to have it too. I was disappointed that "Needle and Thread" wasn't there. As this song was featured in a prominent scene in the film and was written and performed by the film's star, some people might be looking for it, so be aware it's only on the MP3 version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding sound track to a good movie, October 16, 2014
Harry Zweier (NEPA, United States) - See all my reviews
Mystical combination of sounds with a variety of flavors. If you remember the music from the movie you know what I mean. Great soundtrack. My girlfriend loves this movie. I thought it was good, not great but I definitely loved the overall ambience largely created by the southern setting and the great music. The album did not disappoint. If you liked it in the movie, get the soundtrack and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Evocative, Dreamy Soundtrack, December 12, 2013
Jay Murphy "Jay Thing" (Landover Hills, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
A soundtrack as full of yearning, romance, sensuality, playfulness and humor as the film tried to be. It was a fairly decent film but the music by George Harrison's son Dhani (guitars, piano and vocals), Jonathan Sadoff (guitars and piano) and Paul Hicks (keyboards and vocals), with the three sharing programming duties as The New No 2 took it to another level for me, making it more enjoyable to watch. The songs flow beautifully, embracing elements of folk, goth, pop, world and of course swamptronica along the way.

My favorite tracks include "Breaking The Ice" which echoes in "Lena's Magic/The Love Theme" and again in a rock version called "The Burning Sign"; "Ridley's Swamptronica", a brilliant blend of blues, world and country- the name says it all; and the last two tracks which highlight the boys' sweet vocals and pop chops- "Run To Me" and "Never Too Late"- both of them quite enchanting (or enchanted?).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, August 23, 2013
I love this soundtrack with it's deep south rock feel, and who would have thought
that George Harrison's son Dhani would have such deep musical creative ideas
this early in his career

5.0 out of 5 stars gothic with a southern twang, May 30, 2013
I love soundtracks. they are unique and inspiring. this entire track is instrumental. it has dark sounds as well as southern roots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Creatures Soundtrack, March 18, 2013
I enjoyed the music very much. The writing and production flowed well and kept my interest thoughout the entire project. Very English!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Creatures is an Amazing soundtrack, March 15, 2013
Beautiful and rich soundtrack. Well worth buying. Thenewno2 have reached for new musical levels and have succeeded. I highly recommend the soundtrack.
Kim