Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beautiful Surprise
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 28, 2012
WOW Mrs. Tamia Hill has done it again; She's given the world real RnB that everyone can be proud of with the album Beautiful Surprise. This album is truly the blue print for RnB albums. It has smooth but strong ballads such as Love I'm Yours and Still Love You that can save radio stations from continuously playing low quality songs. Of course the album has songs that make you want to stop and grab the nearest person to you for a dance and listening to Him and Believe in Love makes me want to do just that. Effortlessly, the album sneaks in 2 country songs, Is It Over Yet and the remake of the 2004 classic Still. These tracks alone will make any listener a fan of country music; as Claude Kelly says, "Country and RnB music are like cousins" :)). Amazingly, the Beautiful Surprise album has given us what many RnB singers have moved away from and that's gospel. With the track Because of You, Tamia let's her fans know that the industry hasn't taken away her faith as she gives thanks to God for always lifting her up and getting her through hard times. Thus, this album truly is a must buy for all music lovers! Every song on this album is strong enough to stand on its own as a single; there's no album fillers on this baby! I've been a fan of Mrs. hill since I was 9 years old when she came out with the song You Put A Move On My Heart and I can honestly say she has never disappointed me with her music. This album is a work of art that deserves to win numerous awards. Now stop contemplating and Buy The Album!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on April 6, 2013
OMG.where to begin....Mrs.hill has done it again I just love her voice. Truth be told I'm a hardcore mariah Carey fan but when I can't get my Mimi fix tamia is my go to girl..too bad that she is so underrated her record company really needs to promote her more .I honestly see no reason why she couldn't have become a singer of a bigger magnitude she has all the elements needed. I gave it 4 stars not because of the song choices but simply because she takes to look darn long to release new material. Any who, if u do decide on purchasing trust me u won't regret it :)
on August 28, 2012
I've been waiting for Tamia to release this album. I must say that I am very satisfied with this album. I haven't heard such a good R&B album in a while. She brings it back to the basics. Highly recommend this album to any R&B or Tamia fan. Great album!
on November 14, 2012
Tamia never disappoints on her current release with the lead off single Beautiful Surprise doing well on the charts and she has done no wrong IMO with releases and singles. Key cuts for me are Lose My Mind, Give Me You and her interpretation of Is It Over Yet GREAT and Him just ooozes sex appeal not trashy at ALL class at its best and Because OF You has Tamia taking us to church and she delivers with this release i am a HUGE fan of her catalog...They don't make artist of this caliber anymore if you ask me!!!!!!
Tamia can truly sing and is very talented however after " you put a move on my heart" she hasn't gotten any memorable material to remind folks of her talents properly. the good news is that she still sounds strong and lively, the other side of that coin, its the usual heavy on the ballads and lite on the goods. nothing here really stands out at all. unless she ever gets the right material for her talent, i can see her on these award shows as a tribute act or used to sing hooks and she deserves better than that as a artist.
on July 19, 2013
I Highly recommend this album, I heard an interview on xm radio with Tamia & her touring band, they sang and played live!!! I was so impressed with Tamia’s skills & range. The album titled song inspires love, relationship, and companionship.
on March 17, 2015
Are you tired of the far from authentic and beyond washed-up so-called music playing on the airways? Then Tamia's latest album is sure to remind you what it truly means to not only have natural talent but to also deliver substantial songs that won't leave you feeling like throwing up. "Beautiful Surprise" is the epitome of r&b and soul, something very lacking at the moment. Thankfully, Tamia isn't fazed by trends and chooses to hold tight to her musical roots while belting out fresh melodies on each track.

**********

Lose My Mind plunges us into a groovy, sexy and laid back atmosphere. And though I enjoy the singer’s ability to transition between ballads and mid-tempos beautifully, I love her softer side more because her true vocal skills are always fully utilized in those. I just had to get that out of the way. Now, back to the opening track and its highlights. I’m fully appreciative of the emphasis of love throughout the album, from beginning to end. Lose My Mind is about missing your significant other when they’re not around. Tamia is in love so of course that side of her will come forth in most of her songs, but what’s great is how not overwhelming that is.

I adore Give Me You because of the sheer realness in the words. The song’s about understanding the importance of the small things and how money, expensive clothes, jewelry, and all the lavish and over the top things don’t really matter when it comes to love. There’s nothing better or more sweet of a gift to offer than your heart. This is such a beautiful track. And I must say the melodies are magically arranged. Love it.

While the first two depict missing love and giving love, the next is about getting hurt by love. It’s Not Fair tells the story of a woman suffering from the reality that the man who once loved her so much is now giving his love to another. It can be interpreted as a relationship that has ended but the love was just too strong to let go despite the fact that one has moved on.

The energy in Believe in Love is just intoxicating. The way Tamia’s voice heightens during the chorus is just exciting. She sings with so much emotion and through her feelings I’m able to connect with the words and believe in the message of love. The grimy beat is guaranteed to get you moving. It’s a smart move to make the middle of the album so fun and uptempo.

The title track, Beautiful Surprise, falls in the right place giving us a little break from the slow songs, but prepares us for the next after filling our hearts with a lot of joy. By the way, I’m liking how subtle and sweet the music video is. Tamia is just pure class.

I’m fighting to compose myself for the rest of the album. Why? Tamia’s singing keeps sending sparks to my soul. Song after song I become even more enchanted by her voice. Is it Over Yet, well no, but that’s another track that has me melting. The country styled number is about finding the strength to let go when you really don’t want to. If this song sounds familiar then you probably heard the original sung by Wynonna Judd. The fact that Tamia performs in the country genre as well depicts her how versatile she is and has always been.

While the previous was about coming to terms with the fact that the relationship is over, Love I’m Yours is about facing the fear of falling again and learning to start over. Brilliant transition. I get a sense of contentedness, safety, and comfort towards the end.

Now that she’s found a beautiful love Tamia wants to hold on to it forever. Him is all about her appreciation for her man and what she’s willing to do to make him feel appreciated because he truly deserves it for giving her so much love. This track is a bit more upbeat than the previous, showcasing another sexy and playful side to the singer.

I love the idea of blending rock with soul, as long as its done well. Still Love You is just magnificent. This song is a continuation of Him, where her devotion remains strong. I feel further emphasis is unnecessary, but I do want to say that mixing rock and soul is like touching Heaven with the tip of your fingers. And speaking of Heaven, the next track is a raw depiction of the singer’s gratitude to the one she strongly believes in.

Because of You is Tamia’s spiritual side revealed, and one of the reasons why she’s able to continue moving forth in life. The words are very encouraging, uplifting, and all the joy one needs to wear a smile on their face throughout the day when it feels like there’s nothing to smile about. Her courage is unquestionable; Tamia isn’t afraid to profess her love for God.

The country version of Still concludes Tamia’s soulful fifth album. This song is just as heartfelt as the first time I heard it. I love this revamped version and the fact that its purity still exists even though its touching a different genre is beyond wonderful. Tamia can do no wrong when it comes to music.

And as the last track ended I quickly press repeat. Beautiful Surprise should never end. This is one of the most well produced, deeply written, and wonderfully arranged r&b album that should more than revive the genre but set an example to those leaving it behind. Tamia proves that music can still be timeless and meaningful in an era where such sentiments seem to be neglected. Get this album and declare yourself a supporter of real talent.
on December 28, 2012
Tamia Is Under appreciated. her voice is beautiful. I have been a fan for many years. Her music is positive, inspiring, and real. This album has some country influences, jazz, blues, reggae, and gospel It truly is a beautiful surprise.
on September 23, 2012
I have ALWAYS been a fan of Tamia - she is so underrated and doesn't get the publicity or recognition she so deserves! She an amazing singer and gives so much in EVERY SONG! I will FOREVER be a TRUE FAN and anything she puts out WILL BE A HIT!!! :)
on April 5, 2013
Tamia is by far one of the most underated talented singers I know. Her album, Beautiful Surprise, gives you classic Tamia. If you are a Tamia fan, you will not be disappointed but if you are new to this artist, you will become a fan.