5.0 out of 5 stars If you miss this, you'd be foolish...
Published on March 21, 2007 by Peter James

3.0 out of 5 stars UberNorv
There are some really good songs on this album, but they need to mix-up up their style and experiment a bit more with their sound. The songs do tend to sound a bit the same, but I have a feeling In this Moment's next album will be alot better after they have gain more experience and done a great deal of touring.
Published on May 25, 2008 by Norvin Landrum

5.0 out of 5 stars If you miss this, you'd be foolish..., March 21, 2007
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
Wow...that's really all I can muster at the moment. This album has completely blown me away from start to finish. For anyone into metal, it covers all bases...the group's musical influences are very apparent as you can hear shades of Iron Maiden, Slayer, and even some Zeppelin. Maria is more talented than you can imagine with a voice that goes from angelic to gutteral in the blink of an eye. Howorth & Bunzel blaze through dueling solos and harmonies, Jesse rides strong basslines throughout (especially on "Circles"), and Jeff the drummer shreds EVERYTHING...You could set Big Ben to his timing. This is a stunning, stunning album. There is something here for everyone and I guarantee you will walk away happy...

5.0 out of 5 stars BLOWN AWAY, March 26, 2007
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
I LOVE this album. I really love Maria Brink. Wow, is this a great album. This will kick you in the face at one moment and then kiss you the next. Maria Brink's vocals are amazing to listen to, harsh one moment then angelic the next. I love the awesome mix of beauty and brutality, and Maria and the band do it all so well. Great band, great album! IN THIS MOMENT...you won't forget, I can't, I'm blown away! Love you guys, you made my day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Rock and Metal Band!, March 19, 2007
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
I love this band! I have seen them live a couple of times. I pre-ordered this cd a few months ago and received it on St. Patty's Day. The band plays aggressive and can switch to softer sounds with ease. Maria Brink is amazing, able to switch between her ear shattering screams and her haunting melodic voice effortlessly. Beautiful Tragedy is a softer song that still has kick and Prayers is always good, while Daddy's Falling Angel shows just how ear shattering Maria's voice can be. I love the intro Whispers for October and the outro at the end of When the Storm Subsides...I usually don't like that type of stuff on albums. The first song I heard from In This Moment, and still my favorite is Ashes which draws a lot of imagery for the lyrics from Revelations among other things.

All in all, a great CD! I have listened to it straight through several times already!

Chris Porter (Pilgrim)

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoy ITM, January 18, 2008
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
I read all kinds of reviews of this album from "they rule and Maria is awesome" to "they blow, they sound like all other new bands and Maria should pick a vocal style and stick with it" I, for one, am kind of closed minded to the tons of new music put out in the last 10 years, but I happened to catch a song by this band on a cable music channel while flipping through. I was instantly hooked not because the band is great and has a hot lead singer, but because they put out an energy that harps back to the early Pantera days when Phil Anselmo used to sing in two differant voices and over-lap them in songs w/ his soul. This band is great and nobody should take that away from them. A great album to own and they need to make new music soon after tour!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, March 21, 2007
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
This debut CD is brilliant!!!! These guys (and gal) really did an amazing job in recording an extremely diverse album from start to finish. It shows a great deal of musical depth - going from somber and melodic tones at some points and when they choose to throw it down, they do so in a brutal manner. I've seen them live several times and was excited to hear some songs I've never heard before and was blown away. Maria's voice is very engaging and her emotional delivery is truly captured in this recording. She is backed by some brilliant dual guitars by Chris and Blake - there are some wicked dual harmonies (very Iron Maiden influenced) and blistering leads throughout. Jessie lays down a solid backbone of bass - (check out the killer outro to "circles") - and let me just say DRUMS,DRUMS,DRUMS. Jeff Fabb shows some incredible ability - the double bass is spot on, the fills are tight as hell, and this guy hits HARD. Bottom line is this is a band to look out for as the years go on - they are here to stay!!!!!!! Def must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Amazing!!!, March 20, 2007
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
I saw the band on tour several times so if you have a chance to catch them in your city - GO, awesome stage presence, deep lyrics and they have the most talented drummer I've ever seen, aside from the fact that he's crazy hot. I can't stop listening to it, I look forward to getting in my car and driving so I can ROCK OUT!!! Soooo excited they are going on tour with Lacuna Coil in May 07, I can't wait to see them again!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of their most impressive albums..., March 24, 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
This album showed a level of diversity that I don't think many bands are capable of. The title track alone is worth the cost of the album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, July 24, 2011
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
Given that this was their first album, it's still a superb one. Maria's vocals are fully developed as displayed in her following two albums, but the band still brings the In This Moment feel to another level. Amazing lyrics, amazing songs, and above all, a beautiful album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Tragedy, July 11, 2009
This review is from: Beautiful Tragedy (Audio CD)
In This Moment's Beautiful Tragedy touches me. I like how Maria Brink can sing and do the screaming. In This Moment is a must know band. I first heard their music in 2007 when this album came out. In This Moment just makes great music. If you haven't heard of them, I don't know where you have been. Beautiful Tragedy is a great CD. I can put this CD on repeat still after it has been out over 2 years now. In This Moment has a great sound to their music witch is perfect.
My Favorite songs on Beautiful Tragedy are:
1. Ashes
2. Daddy's Falling Angel
3. This Moment
4. Prayers
5. Beautiful Tragedy

3.0 out of 5 stars UberNorv, May 25, 2008

Beautiful Tragedy
Beautiful Tragedy by In This Moment (Audio CD - 2007)
Rate and Discover Movies