Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beauty Secrets of the Bible
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 19, 2007
In a culture that seduces women with $35 one-ounce vials of "miracle" lotions and potions, who would guess that the answer to so many beauty concerns can be found in one's own pantry? And for a fraction of the cost. Powdered milk and oatmeal to wash and exfoliate? Surprisingy effective. Honey to nourish and plump up fine lines? Shockingly NOT sticky. Olive oil to moisturize? Can you say "pampered"? And that's just the beginning. Ginger Garrett not only frees up our credit cards by letting us in on ancient beauty secrets that are sure to hit the cosmetic industry in its collective pocketbook, but backs it up with research. And did I mention the daily devotions? Beauty outside and in!
on September 10, 2007
Where do I begin? I don't have much of a beauty routine, especially when it comes to skin care. After reading Ginger's book, I just HAD to give the honey tonic a try. I mean, what woman wouldn't want to try to get rid of fine lines & wrinkles naturally.

It's working!!! I LOVE the way my skin feels.

Ginger has managed to debunk the billion dollar beauty industry by promoting products that are right in our cabinets (or at least easily attainable). I have even started using the milk/oatmeal mixture on my kids.

What a great way to show the beauty that God has given each of us, without spending a fortune. This is a MUST READ for every woman!
on November 23, 2007
This book is awesome. It really brings out the true beauty of a woman in her spirit and her flesh. Don't let the cosmetic industry pull one over on you anymore. Get this book and look better and feel better for less. Less on your pocket book and less toxins in your body.
on October 11, 2007
This book serves as an excellent resource for effective, efficient and economical tips for your beauty regimen. Great place to start for someone transitioning to more natural products. Beautiful skin is the foundation for beauty. Beauty Secrets of the Bible provides easy to use, basic recipes and routines that can help you achieve the goal of beautiful skin. My daughters (15 and 9) and I immediately started using some of the suggestions and we're pleased with the results. Furthermore, the biblical scriptures give a refreshing perspective about beauty. Plus the book sheds light on many of the products that our culture says we have to use in order to maintain beauty, but can actually be more harmful than good.
on February 25, 2011
I was really hoping for some great recipes in this book. Most of it was about inner beauty, an important concept yes, but not what I was expecting. Thankfully I ordered a few other books at the same time that did not disappoint. This one is great if you are looking for an ego boost or some nice emotional self-esteem-building. For my purposes, this was a let down.
on June 9, 2011
I have utilized several of the recipes, bought a whole passel of aloe plants which we use for every manner of skin distress, and my investment in oil...cooking oils that is..has skyrocketed! I love the book for the text as well as the recipes.What stood out in my mind the most was the historical reference to the Jews in captivity wearing makeup and looking good for their slave husbands, as it boosted their husbands' morale and made them feel more more worthy. To see beauty have such a practical and even spiritual function, was so revelatory to me. In a culture where beauty and sensuality are intertwined, to see beauty have a healing or spiritual effect was so encouraging! It made me realize that as Christian married women, we have so much power to minister to our spouses by the way we take care of ourselves...that there is a real and measurable benefit to them just by our appearance! I used to think this was so shallow of the men to put so much emphasis on looks, and to a degree it still can be when that weighs so much more to someone that the heart. But when someone truly values a woman for who she is, what she looks like is only adding to the benefit of her heart. Great book. Kudos to Ginger for writing it.
on November 4, 2007
I found this book to be a great blessing. I like how simple the beauty recipes are, and how great they work. I can't wait to share this with friends!
on February 3, 2012
I started searching for books about natural skincare after it was suggested to me that perhaps my chemical filled beauty routine may be causing my infertility. So I searched the Kindle store and downloaded MANY samples, read MANY reviews before settling on this book. I am so glad I read this book. I finished the bulk of the book over the course of 3 evenings, but I finished the 28 days of devotions today. I feel refreshed and renewed and my skin looks fantastic (it is glowing). My husband is even using some of the ideas...particularly the olive oil for moisturizing. I should mention that I work in the cosmetics department selling one of the nations prestige brands and while I get free product for doing that, I am loving these natural products so much that I am making the switch permanant. Thank you Ginger.
on February 11, 2008
This is a wonderfully written book. I think it is a must have for women everywhere. I never thought to read labels on make up or shampoo and now I do it without even thinking about it. I highly recommend this book; it is an easy read and full of powerful insight and information.
on November 22, 2007
Ever wanted to get back to the basics? This is step by step introduction into natural beauty treatments you can prepare for yourself and even save money. There are so many helpful hints to inspire you to use natural treatments for your body.