on July 28, 2013
Size Name: QueenVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's risky buying a bed sight unseen, or un-laid-upon. Fortunately, I'd been bed shopping with my mother recently and had a general idea of what I was getting. The reality is that you can lay on a bed in a store for 10 minutes, and think you like it but the true test is sleeping on it for a week, so in a sense, buying a bed is always risky.

This is a very nice bed. The fabric is top quality; soft and sturdy. The mattress is very comfortable. I am still not sure what the "firmness" is on this bed since it is a pillow top. I would not call it overly firm. The pillow top is very soft, you sink right into it. But the mattress below feels sturdy enough for me.

It is a very deep bed, so check the measurements and check your sheets. It's quite high off the ground. Some stores are selling a shorter box spring, so if a tall bed isn't your thing you may want to look for that.

I'm not particularly a huge fan of pillow tops. While it is very comfortable to lay on, I feel like as I sleep at night my body is sinking more than my head, and my neck has been hurting. So if you have any kind of back/neck issues (as I do), you should really be sure it's going to work before buying a pillow top.

ABOUT BUYING A BED FROM AMAZON (not reflected in my rating of the bed)

This bed DOES NOT come with a bed frame.
When the delivery team called to schedule the delivery they advised that the bed would be delivered to the "threshold" of the house. In other words, not upstairs, and not set up.
I asked for them to deliver to my bedroom, and on the phone they agreed to do that.
When they arrived the instructions still said "to threshold", but I was able to call right away, and they advised the team to bring the bed (upstairs) to my bedroom. But they didn't set it up, remove the packaging, etc. Nor did they remove the old mattress, which most bed stores will do.

These are all factors to consider when price shopping your mattress and deciding where to purchase.

It all worked out well for me.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations