Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

on January 11, 2012
I just recently became a fan of the show after I started watching this new season. I was a baby back in the 90's when Beavis & Butt-Head became a cultural phenomenon, but in the older episodes I have been watching compared to these new ones, it feels as though all those years didn't elapse at all.

As I watched the preview of this new season, a clip from "Holy Cornholio", I saw this show for what it appears to be at a glance; a cartoon about two stupid teenage boys who are very out-spoken, sometimes rude, and perverted. I didn't have a desire to continue to watch, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but wonder what kind of crazy stuff these guys would do or say next. So I kept tuning in.

The more I watched this show, the more I came to realize that the whole concept of Beavis & Butt-Head isn't so much about the characters themselves, but it's more about satirizing the defects of American society and culture. The boys themselves are dumb as posts, but the show is obviously written and formatted by true brilliance. For a few of the episodes in this season, I had to watch two or three times to catch all of the jokes and the satire. I was surprised to find that watching Beavis & Butt-Head does require a certain level of being able to think and pay attention in order to really understand.

To put it simply, this show is definitely "cool". It is not meant to be taken too seriously. It's a very light-hearted and fun comedy to watch. Though unattractive, unintelligent and rough around the edges, Beavis & Butt-Head may not ever be able to pass any other test, but the test of time.
on January 10, 2012
The whole new season of Beavis and Butthead are here!

"Werewolves of Highland"/"Crying"
"Used Car"/"Bounty Hunter"
"Time Machine"/"Massage"
"School Test"/"Snitches"
"Whorehouse"/"Going Down"

Update Review: The only thing I find annoying is that they make fun of "Jersey Shore" in every episode which I find very annoying, miss the metal music videos of the old seasons and don't like how they play mostly today's crappy music videos, but the episodes are AWESOME!!
44 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2012
Haven't seen anyone specificity confirm this, but the episodes are all in their broadcast form. Including the critiques of music videos and MTV reality shows.
on July 5, 2013
I was so excited when Mike Judge gave us this updated season and so very sad I haven't seen anything leading me to believe I'll see a new season again soon. Thank goodness for Volumes! I can watch these back to back and snort laughing as Beavis creates the scene for Teen Mom. It was funny as a teenager and even better as an adult. I recommend this to anyone that still has a funny bone.
on March 22, 2012
I was an avid Beavis and Butthead fan during my adolescent years in the 1990s and was originally uncertain if reviving and revamping a part of the '90s to fit into the 2010s was a great idea. I was totally wrong. Beavis and Butthead are recognized as pop culture icons and while they've been on a 14 year hiatus, Mike Judge's new, contemporary material is nothing short of awesome.
on November 28, 2012
When I heard new Beavis and Butthead episodes were coming out with a "new" style I was both excited and worried. I'm not a fan of MTV's modern programming so finding out that Jersey Shore and Teen Mom wormed their way onto this show I was a little apprehensive.

Boy, was I wrong. The commentary over the crappy MTV shows and videos is razor sharp and hilarious. The episodes are in the classic 15 minute format so you can watch a few at a time without killing too much time. This season was a triumphant return - I only hope MTV orders more and Mike Judge can keep up with this kind of quality.
on February 10, 2012
i loved the original series and was surprised when Mike Judge decided to bring back his animated series featuring these two teenage dimwits in all new adventures. and when they're not poking fun at the latest music videos, (just like the ol' days) they'll also poke fun at Jersey Shore and other MTV based shows. *UPDATE* the episodes have in fact been left COMPLETELY INTACT, so if you missed any or all of them when they aired then here's your chance. my only 2 complaints for this release which is easily overlooked are:

1: (DVD & Blu-ray) on the cover art and discs themselves Beavis & Butt-Head are missing the infamous AC/DC, Metallica insignia's from their shirts

2: (Blu-ray only) on the back of the box the audio specs say it's Standard Dolby Digital 5.1 when it's actually DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio.

the second one listed i'm merely pointing out, and am glad to have gotten the higher end audio, but all in all this release is definitely worth adding to your collection. i'd love to also see a Blu-ray release of Beavis and Butt-Head Do America hopefully soon :p
on December 22, 2012
This is probably the funniest series of Beavis and Butt-Head so far. I was laughing so hard I thought I would vomit. In this volume they continue their classic barely brain-functional MTV addiction constantly looking for references to sex and violence in everything they see but what really makes it hilarious is how accurate their funny commentary is about the very very lame reality shows that are out there. They watch shows like Jersey Shore and knock it way way down from its high horse and put it where it belongs, in the dumpster.

The Beavis and Butt-Head series was a great creation by Mike Judge, using the two clueless adolescents he rips and shreds terrible music videos and reality shows, and also Beavis and Butt-Head get caught up in their typical misconstrued adventures and they perpetually ignore sound advice from adults and get into all kinds of trouble.

The disks were perfect, audio and video were perfect. If you need a really good laugh, I strongly recommend getting the entire series.
on October 13, 2014
With just some minor updating, Beavis and Butt-Head Volume 4 feels like there hasn't been a break in the show all these years....and that's a good thing! When a show is brought back after being off the air for years, many times it doesn't flow very well. Mike Judge has done an excellent job holding true to the characters while keeping them up to date with the times. I only hope that he will continue to do the show on a more frequent basis.
on July 2, 2014
A good take on trying to reinvent the series, but the show had been surpassed by other's of the genre for way too long.
Mike, should've kept the ball rolling on Beavis and Butthead while they were at their hype instead of focusing on King of The Hill.

All of his work is good in it's own respect.

It still deserves a 4 star for nostalgia alone!

Bucky Wilson