Customer Discussions > Emotion & Commotion forum

Beck & Stone? I'm There!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 12, 2010 8:05:05 PM PDT
LuKasAV6 says:
I doubt if there will be a better CD released this year. The cuts wuth Joss Stone are A-MA-ZING!

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 7:27:09 PM PDT
Sorry, IMO, Joss Stone's singing is so over the top it sounds (and is) contrived. For me, her harsh attempts at authentic female black blues ruins the tunes. I'd much prefer to hear the likes of Jennifer Batten. Listen to Dirty Mind and Rollin' and Tumblin on "You Had it Coming"; now there are some dripping wet hot and sexy vocals with real, honest emotion.

To each his own... :-)

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 12:43:06 PM PST
Let's see, Jeff Beck likes her singing. James Brown liked her singing and sang with her live. Lots of the greats have. This is the restrained Joss Stone on this album. Check out the vids of the songs on youtube - Jeff Beck at the 02. She opens up a little doing them live. Or even see the Idol gives back version of Spell.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 10:56:54 PM PST
R - Review says:
I completely agree with your assesment of Stone. She can definately sing, but there's nothing original about her or her singing style whatsoever. She simply sounds like a white artist who wants to sound black rather than developing her own unique vocal style. And this makes Stone a very boring and predictable vocalist to me. Nothing fresh or exciting, basically just an artist saying to people, "Listen how much I can sound just like a black singer with soul!", and that's about it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Emotion & Commotion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 12, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Emotion & Commotion
Emotion & Commotion by Jeff Beck (Audio CD - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (197)