From the Back Cover
If this guy can become an involved and nurturing father, anyone can do it!
Within weeks of getting pregnant, Kelly Crull's wife had a stack of parenting books waiting on his nightstand, complete with neat, hand-written bookmarks telling him which chapters he needed to read. In nine months, he had learned everything about his wife giving birth, becoming a mother, and how he could support her. What he wanted and couldn't find was a book by a normal guy telling him about becoming a dad. The last thing he needed was more expert advice, a ten-step plan or fancy pie charts. He just wanted someone to give it to him straight, "What was parenting going to be like for him?" Becoming Dad
is the book he wanted and couldn't find.
Find out what it's like to...
- visit the gynecologist with your wife
- break a sweat in your wife's childbirth class
- master the manly art of breastfeeding
- have sex (or not) with a mother
- do stand-up comedy routines for diaper changes
- be man enough to put a baby to sleep
- discipline a baby who pickpockets
- comfort baby after you drop a wrench on her foot
- send mom away for a few days to prove you and baby can survive a weekend together
About the Author
Kelly Crull is the author of a children’s book, Clara Has a Baby Brother, and a parenting blog, spaindad.com, which was one of Google’s top-ranked “baby blogs,” syndicated by a number of online dad networks and featured as a link at Glamour.com. He has been featured as a new voice in parenting in various La Leche League newsletters, The Father Life magazine, AttachmentParenting.com and DIYFather.com. His parenting videos have appeared on Good Morning America, The Today Show, Slate.com, Marca.com and have received YouTube’s “Top 50 Videos of the Week” award. Kelly is originally from Iowa. He lives with his wife and two children in Madrid, Spain.