Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 11, 1999
This book discusses 11 points that are necessary to understand the core of what it takes to become a woman after God's own heart. After you go through the 11 points which are detailed but thought provoking and interesting, you have a better understanding of what it is that God is molding each of us to be, A Woman of Excllence. I used this for a Women's Study Group of about 20 women and it was great to fit the diversity of our group. From young to old, if your looking for something to guide you to God, this is a great start and a great book. Cynthia is a wonderful writer and instructor!
0Comment43 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2002
As a senior in high school, I led a sophomore girls Bible study. We went through this workbook and had a great time. The issues brought up in the book really hit home for alot of us. We had great discussions and were brought closer to God and to each other. I highly recommend it for women of all ages.
on July 18, 1999
This book is one that I would recommend all Christian women to read. Each point the author makes is based on a Scripture and experiences from her life. She knows what it is to trust in God through the trials of life and there is a lot to be learned from what God says to Christian women through her writing.
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2006
I had worked through this study with the original edition published in the '80s and am now using this edition to lead a ladies Bible study. This version of the study has been updated. I highly recommend this book for group use. Overall it is good both for ladies new to the faith as well as for mature believers. Some of the questions that involve comparing multiple passages are a little daunting for some, but on the whole, all who are seeking truth and growth will be rewarded here.

The study consists of eleven lessons organized into four sections. The first four lessons look at the goal of excellence. The next two lessons make up the section examining the cost of excellence. The third section examines the development of godly excellence in our lives with five lessons including the titles, "Excellence: Molded by Discipline" and "Excellence: Perfected by Purity." The final section is one lesson looking at the life of the Proverbs 31 woman.
on August 14, 2005
This book helped shape who I am in Christ. Got me through some of the toughest days of my life. A great book to study in a woman's small group.
on February 25, 2005
I really enjoyed the questions and lessons in this book. I learned a lot about who I am in Christ and about what God thinks of me. I would definitely recommend this book for any Christian woman, but especially a new believer. I'm thinking about using it in a Christian mom's group and am looking forward to the Spirit led discussion that will come from it.Buy it!! It's so inexpensive too...what do you have to lose?
on November 12, 2001
I have found this book to be a good jumping-off place for futher discussion with other Christian women. However, I would not recommend doing this study on your own. Nor would I try to do it without some sort of commentary. The verses that Mrs. Heald uses are often taken out of that context which is quite important for understanding them. This is not to say that it is a bad book. It just borders on vague in some areas, and does well with extensive further discussion about the passages chosen and the intention of the author in choosing them.
0Comment16 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2010
This is a excellent tool as a group or personal study.It is effective I am working the study as a classroom setting. I find myself recalling the studies as I go about my day the chapters on discretion and discipline are truly helping with my walk.
on October 22, 2009
A small booklet, but was a very valuable Bible study for me, and I liked the way that the readings and questions were only a few pages each, short enough for a busy woman to complete, but thought provoking enough to bring growth.
on November 12, 2013
We're studying this book in our Women's group at church. I don't have any huge complaints about the book. It's good in that the author has the reader looking up scripture in each chapter. I actually love that aspect of it. However I feel the author could provide more insights and commentary regarding the scripture. I can read scripture on my own, so when purchasing a book like this I'm looking for more understanding and explanation of scripture. Also there have been a couple of times I've felt the scripture is taken out of context to support her topic at hand. Not always, ultimately the study is ok in my opinion. I wouldn't do it again though.