Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 18, 2013
I bought this book thinking a would read it and become this awesome wife(without my husband knowing what made me better) HaHa Then I find out its a book we read together. We loved it. We laughed, cryed, prayed and finally got an understanding of why we don't understand each other. We love this book. We recommend it to every married couple and we include it in all wedding gifts. Thank for writing it.
on September 9, 2013
This was a great read. To put it in perspective, I don't consider myself a big reader but, I read this book in less than a day. I put it down only once a couldn't stop reading. The personal examples qualified everything stated in every chapter.

I recommend that EVERYONE read this book. The world would be better for it. I am so glad that it was recommended to me. Take the time with an open mind and heart and you will not be disappointed.
on August 22, 2013
I loved this book as it does not shy away from stating the "differences" between men and women. I feel like now I have better insight into how men and women think and how best I can meet my spouses needs. I especially liked the chapter on PMS because I have never seen the female monthly cycle broken down into moods and feelings based on what week it is-- I thought it was very accurate and enlightening. On a side note, I wish the author had not included religion as much as he did in his book as I felt it was a bit overwhelming and alienating to those who do not share his beliefs. However, this book was so good I still rated it high. Thank you.
on July 26, 2014
This is sound, biblically based advise every married couple should read. If we put into practice even half of these suggestions, our marriages would have to improve. I am looking forward to encouraging my husband to read this book as well and then delighting the fire in our 21 year marriage. We have a good marriage, but we can make it great!
on July 23, 2014
Wow, this guy is living in the stone age.....his views about women and their place are not only extremely patronizing, but also somewhat misogynistic at times. He claims to be explaining how women think when he clearly has no clue. The only reason I actually managed to finish this book was because I had to see how much worse it could get.
on September 14, 2013
My husband and I just celebrated 30 years of marriage, so I read this book out of curiosity. I liked how the author interjected his personality, and the "How Words Hurt/Help" notes at the end of the chapters. Since this book is based on Christian marriage, I found it relevant for our family. I also liked how the author explained the difference in how men and women think and view the world. It confirmed what my husband and I have discussed for years - embracing our different ways can be used as a combined force for the better of our marriage and family. This may be a good book for pastors to use in pre- and post-marital counseling.
on September 12, 2014
I read this book while on my Cruise in the British Isles. Read it in 2 days. I love how it brought to life all the memories of mine and my hubbies memories over the past 20 yrs, going over each chapter, I could relate to just about everything in one way or another. This book is very real and to the point! As it should be. I will be reading it again with my hubby soon!! I recommend this to ALL married couples no matter how long you've been married. I enjoyed all the laughter it brought as well!! Than you so much!!
on October 27, 2013
I have been married 16 years, have a good marriage, have read countless books on marriage yet still learned so much from this book. The author writes in a very down-to-earth way, filled with humor that makes it really fun & easy to read. I found his descriptions & explanations of the differences between men & women to be very accurate and insightful. I would highly recommend this book to others.
on August 10, 2011
I have read several of Rick's books, so I was eager to see what advice he has for married couples in this book. Structured similarly to Eggerich's 'Love and Respect', the author splits this book into a man's section and a woman's section. Each has 7 sub-sections specific to the genders. I found the book to be well-written and insightful, with practical advice that couples can put into practice in daily life. And as with all of Rick's books, it is written in an easy, friendly tone that makes you feel like you're chatting with an old friend. Quick, interesting, great read. :-)
on January 7, 2010
Author Rick Johnson proves once again that he's not only adept at mentoring men, he's keenly aware of the dynamic differences between the sexes. In this fine book, Johnson offers men and women generous practical suggestions for rethinking and retooling their marital relationship. The author, with some humor and wit, shares what makes men uniquely male and what makes women uniquely female...and he does it so well that readers will find themselves thinking gratefully, "Mystery solved!" Johnson's text is encouraging and enlightening. Excellent resource for marrieds and singles alike.

Burdens Do a Body Good: Meeting Life's Challenges With Strength and Soul