Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 21, 2012
I want to start by saying that I might possibly have every styling tool of every kind. This is actually my second wand (the first being a Revlon wand with a clip). I have thin, wavy hair that can't hold a curl. I have a big barrel curling iron, a 1", tourmaline and ceramic and I've tried it all--this wand is absolutely awesome. It makes ringlet curls that fall to waves as the day progresses. Usually my curls fall within a half hour with any other tool and I have had my hair curly for going on 2 hours now..and that's without any styling spray or products. I actually got this wand at TJ Maxx but I had to write a review to praise it! Would HIGHLY recommend this tool!! Also love that this comes with a heat glove! Bonus!

UPDATE: I slept with my hair curly and wore it all day today and it is still curly!! Received a ridiculous amount of compliments from women of all ages! HIGHLY recommend this product! Absolutely amazing!
0Comment49 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2014
For months, I've been on a quest to find the perfect curling wand. I've tried different brands as well as different shapes, and so far, this Bed Head reverse-conical wand is the best one I've found. It's not perfect, but it's as close to perfect as a wand has come for me.

Pros: This wand beats out all the others I've tried for a few simple but important reasons.
1. Its shape makes it infinitely easier to curl my hair around the barrel and keep it there without it sliding off. If you've tried a curling wand that is evenly thick the whole length, or even worse, one that is biggest at the base and smallest at the tip (the opposite of this Bed Head wand's shape), you know how frustrating it can be to try holding your hair taut against a friggin' hot iron while working against gravity. With this wand, that hassle is solved (I also love that it makes my curls looser at the end, which as they relax throughout the day gives them a much more realistic "beachy wave" that so many users of curling wands are seeking--those conical wands tend to create Shirley Temple curls that never really relax enough to look natural).
2. The other big reason this Bed Head wand is the one I've decided to keep is that for whatever reason (the type of ceramic it's made of? how hot it gets?), it gives me curls that last several days with no refreshing whatsoever. For reference, I'm Caucasian with incredibly thick, coarse hair that has lots of body but no real wave or curl of its own. Typically, with traditional clamp-style curling irons, my hair doesn't hold curl past a day. At first, I was worried that this wand's single heat setting wouldn't get hot enough to give me lasting curls, but having tried other wands that got as hot as 410 degrees F, I can honestly say that this wand gets at least that hot, if not hotter. So, if you have hard-to-curl hair like I do, that'd be another reason to snag this wand as opposed to a different brand (I tried both Remington and Conair wands, and neither one gave me as long-lasting curls as this Bed Head one).
3. Its price (at least for what Amazon is currently selling it at, which I know may change over time) is about five to ten bucks cheaper than the wands I've purchased at retailers. Who doesn't love a bargain?

Cons: Like I said, this wand is close to--but not completely--perfect.
1. Here's the most noticeable downside: because of its baseball-bat shape, each lock of hair that you curl will be tightest up by your scalp (assuming you wrap the entire lock). I've found that after curling my whole head, I tend to end up with some kinky curls that won't lie flat and thus make my head's shape look funny. I've experimented with a few solutions to this; I tried only wrapping about 2/3 of each lock around the wand so that the hair closest to my scalp doesn't even get any heat. Problem with this method is that you can easily tell where the curl starts because suddenly you go from straight hair to a pretty tight curl. The method I've settled on (and it might seem silly, but it isn't as much of a hassle as it may sound like) is to go ahead and wrap each lock all the way, and then after the curls have cooled off and rested for a few minutes, use my straightener to tame down the tightest part of the curl (I have bangs that I use my straightener to tame, too, so I've already got it heated up for that purpose). Since I only do this with the very top layer of curls, it's proven a quick, easy solution.
2. A few other minor cons--these don't really bother me, but I could see some people being annoyed by them--are that the wand doesn't automatically shut off, so you'd better remember to turn it off yourself or risk doing some serious damage to anything sitting close to it, and the heating glove included with it (which, unless you are a total expert at using a curling wand, you MUST use in order to avoid really painful burns to your hands and/or fingers) is very uncomfortable. Having tried so many other wands, I realized a while ago that a simple pair of knit gloves (the kind you can get at any superstore for about a buck a pair) does just as good a job of protecting my hands. Finally, there is nothing built into the shape of this wand's base to make it rest on a countertop. Personally, I'm actually glad about this, as I used to snag my hair on those rests while wrapping it around my other wands. I also have had no trouble with the wand rolling off my counter or the heated tip dipping down to the counter to come in contact with anything; the base is heavy enough to balance the weight of the iron part. I wouldn't let the lack of a countertop-rest discourage you from buying this wand.

All in all, I'm incredibly happy with this curling wand and see myself getting years of use out of it. If you've been hunting for one, or trying to decide between this model and other wands out there, I say go for this one and (I hope) you'll be as pleased with it as I am!
0Comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
This product is the best I have ever used. Since I have received I have used it almost every day! I love the curl it gives! It's not if you buy this product... it's when you buy it, you will not be sorry! LOVE!
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
At first I had a hesitation about ordering this however, once I got I loved it! Great for long hair! You get great curls! USE THE GLOVE!
It gets your fingertips hot!
on March 1, 2013
Ordered this item as a Christmas gift for my daughter. She loves it!!! The wand curls the hair in seconds and last all day with no hairspray! Fabulous Hair Product!!
Quick Shipment! Perfect Quality!
on December 7, 2015
I bought this iron primarily because of the unique shape. I have 3 other shapes that I have been experimenting with and have been using a clipless curling iron for 5 years now. I affectionately call them "The Probe." ;)

PROS:
1. It heats up quickly.
2. The shape is optimal for shoulder length or shorter hair.
3. It gets VERY VERY hot! This could be a pro or con depending on how you look at it. I used my PTI glove with it so I could tell when to stop curling. My Remington (which has a digital temp screen) gets hot on my fingers in 15 seconds (415 degrees) this iron was 9-10 seconds.

CONS:
1. This product is cheaply made. Examining out of the inpenitrable plastic box they send it in, I could tell immediately it really was worth the $20 I paid for it and not much more. The cord is flimsy and the ceramic coating is very thin. I am not surprised a portion of reviewers never got to try it because it didn't work right out of the box.
2. I have A LOT of hair - this iron does not work well with larger chunks, you have to follow the directions and work with small pieces. It took me a lot longer to curl my hair today. You can see from the photo (my hair is not brushed out yet) that I look like a chia pet, or perhaps Shirley Temple.
3. The glove is terrible, throw it away and for a few bucks buy a nicer one on Amazon. I tried it for 1 curl and my thumb is still hot because the skin is slightly burnt.

CONCLUSION:
1. Overall, you get what you pay for so I'm happy. I have no idea how long it will last, but I didn't pay enough money to care.
2. Normally curls fall out of my hair very quickly, so my new plan is to use the Remington on the bottom layer (to get it done quickly) and this iron on the top layer. I have a feeling the curls from the Bed Head iron will not fall out so quickly given the ridiculously hot temp it reaches.
3. The shape is awesome and the curls looks great. I have feeling day 2 will look perfect.
review image
on October 24, 2013
makes the cutest curls, will burn you if you do not use the little glove that comes with it. But if you wear the glove it seems to be harder to tell if you are holding hair or not, or getting close enough to the edges.
on May 30, 2014
This realy works . But it burns heck out your hands and wrist. Be very careful. And there's no temp adjustment so u might fry your hair
on January 8, 2014
I bought this as an Xmas gift for my 12 year old. She loves it. The wand doesn't fry her ends like a curling iron does and the heat resistant gloves protects from burns
on June 17, 2014
It's completely and awesomely..well awesome! It makes your hair look amazing! Drop dead gorgeous! But do make sure not to burn yourself,you have to get the hang of it. It doesn't have a clamp, so your hair doesn't get that weird fringe thing where the clamp was.