Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bed Head Curling/styling Iron, Purple, BH327
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 4, 2015
I would like to start by stating: I have never ever curled my hair with any type of iron before. So that says something about the learning curve for this product. I watched a 7 minute tutorial on YouTube to get an idea of how it worked before trying it out. I used this iron on clean un-blow-dried hair, with no product. I used the lowest heat setting and held each curl wrapped between the beads for 40 seconds. Curling my entire head took no more than 30 minutes. Overall I would say the results are not too shabby for someone with zero experience. I didn't use the glove because it made it a bit awkward to section and grab locks of hair, but I didn't get burned all the same. The kickstand is easy to operate with one hand. The resting mat is the perfect size for my small counter space. And I love the super long cord with the swivel end connected to the iron. This is definitely something I will use regularly to give my hair some quick texture.
review image
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2013
This is undoubtedly the best styling tool I have EVER owned.

I have stick straight, waist length fine hair which has NEVER held a curl.

I have used curling irons, hot rollers, foam rollers, cloth rollers, old fashioned "sleep on it" brush rollers... I've tied it, twisted it, rolled it, braided it ...even perms given ridiculously pampered care go flat faster than you would think possible. You name it, I've given it a shot in my lifelong quest for lovely, flowing, picturesquely curling hair.

And then a friend got one of these, and used it on my hair for my sister's wedding.

Took all of about 15 minutes to do my whole head, it looked picturebook-princess perfect for 12+ hours with NO hairspray or other products (through a breezy outdoor ceremony and reception) and my hair was STILL holding a soft curl when I woke up the next day!

After a lifetime of straight haired frustration, I almost couldn't believe it had worked, let alone stayed beautiful for so amazingly long. Needless to say, I went out and bought one the next day on my way home. :)

The first day there was a brief learning curve figuring out how to make my hair look as perfect as my friend did (its always easier for someone else to do the back, especially since my hair is fairly long), but by the second time I did my hair I was already a pro and have had long gorgeous curly "movie star" hair ever since. Everywhere I go people comment on how soft and natural it looks and ask "where I have it done". When I tell them I do it myself with this tool in under 20 minutes with no special tricks or chemical products they are simply blown away.

I find this tool to be fast, easy to use and its almost impossible to make a "bad" curl. I take a section, wrap it until the whole length is wound around the bubbles and dips, wait about 20 seconds and ...!poof!... perfect curls! I *do* let the curls cool for a couple (2-3) minutes when I've finished before running my fingers through to give them a little separation and style, but thats it! Wrap, curl, lightly separate with fingers. Easy peasy.

For me, this thing was worth every penny, and I'm seriously considering buying a second one so I never have to be without one ever again. Whomever developed this particular styling tool has my eternal thanks for ending my frustration and disappointment and making every day a beautiful hair day! :)
55 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2015
Love it! Super easy. I'm not talented when it comes to doing my hair but I'm learning. I just wanted to do beach type waves Next time I will try spirals
on March 13, 2015
Just got this and I think I love it. It's kind of funny looking, but fun to use. And for my first try I think it came out pretty good. Hopefully it'll get even better looking as I get used to using it.
on February 11, 2016
But I have to write a review of this!!!
I have like the most pin-straight hair ever... ive tried curling irons, crimpers, scrunching, braids and even pin-curls (yes, what they did in the 1950's!!)
My hair does NOT keep a curl. I've used 400 degree irons resulting in barely a wave... ive even had my hair professionally curled. And the curls lasted for about 2 hours before I was a frizzy disaster. For the last few years I had all but given up on my dream of a head of locks. Until now that is!
I saw this bed head rock n roller for just 30 bucks on prime.. I figured I'd most likely return it but wanted to try because of the reviews. And I am sooo glad I did! IT WORKS!!! HALLELUJAH! IT ACTUALLY WORKS!
My hair curled with EASE! Like so easily! I am seriously shocked... and so happy with this purchase. 2 of my good friends have already purchased this since they saw me with curls! They know how my hair is impossible to curl, but they saw it themselves!
Ok about the actual product... it has heat setting from low to high and anywhere in between, you can make big or small curls with the bumps (either spiraling over the bumps for bigger curls, or in between bumps for tighter curls.....or a fun messy mix of both), it has a nice long cord for easy movement and it heats up in literally 90 seconds.... no more waiting 10 minutes for a potential fire to start. I tried using the glove but it just got in my way of seperating hair.. you dont need it though anyway. Best part about it... it actually curls hair! (Imagine my surprise lol)
I played with it as soon as it arrived.. I put some curls in my hair and my 5 yr old daughters hair too... we were in for the night and after I easily gave us 2 happy heads of locks we went to sleep. THE NEXT MORNING I woke up with damn near perfect curls still in tact! The both of us did! I didn't even use hairspray! And I am like the energizer bunny in my sleep and my 5 yr old is...well, 5. We all know how they move in their sleep! So I was totally shocked that they stayed in all night! Im putting up a pic from the morning after we curled..still in pjs lol... i didnt take one that night, bc i was planning on doing it better before posting a pic lol but i have to share the morning after pic bc it was such a wonderful moment in my life lol; to realize I could now curl my hair after 29 years of life!
So overall, yes! Buy this product! Do it!! You wont regret it! And, if you are like me and have trouble curling your hair, well THIS will do the trick! I definitely recommend it!!
Thank you bedhead!
Thank you amazon!
review image review image
on February 4, 2015
Best curling wand I have ever used. Its really easy to use and the heat-resistant glove it comes with is fabulous and works way better than any other one I have ever used.
on December 11, 2012
I have never used a curling wand that didn't have a clamp, so I was a little anxious when first trying this. It takes a minute of practice to wind your hair around the bubbles, but then it's really simple. I love how I can have tight spiral curls or big waves all with one styling tool. It looks really great to have a combo of the two types of curls. The cord will swivel around the barrel at the end, so no matter how you hold the wand, it's still convenient to use. You can control the temperature (low to high), and it also has an on/off button for extra safety.
on December 18, 2013
I read a few reviews stating that this wand will not work on short hair...WRONG! My hair is above my shoulders and i have straight and thin hair. Every curling iron that i have owned never gave me the results i wanted and especially would never hold my curls for a long time.
With the Rock n Roller i have tried doing curls on the big bubbles as well as the small tighter curls and it works wonders. The key for short hair is using smaller pieces of hair and starting at the top of your head (roots) not the other way around since roots are harder to curl and that way you are not damaging your ends unlike a regular clamp. Gives me lots of volume which is great for someone with straight and thin hair.
I usually wash my hair everyday, but when i use this wand my hair still looks like it did the day before so i just use a bit of dry shampoo and retouch a few curls and im set! I got rid of my other curling irons- i LOVE this product.
on May 15, 2013
I love this product!!!!!! It gives natural looking wavy curls. If your looking for your hair to be super curly, than this is not the curling iron for you. The curls last all day. I prefer this over any other curling iron or wand!
on June 17, 2013
This iron works very well, and comes with a thermal glove for the inexperienced like me. Your hair needs to be past your shoulders for this iron to work. You need to have some decent length to wrap around it.