Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on May 3, 2011
Yes, this book takes us at least 30 minutes to get through. My 21 month old is in love. He tries so hard to pull the tab carefully and make the objects move. He actually laughs out loud when he gets the bug to brush his teeth. I also bought the Easter Bugs book. I'd like to add more to my library, these are really fun books to own and will last through many years of entertaining little kids I'm sure. Worth purchasing, especially if your bed time book rotation has become a little stale.
on July 1, 2010
I've been a fan of the BUGS for many years and this new book is perfect for bedtime. Every page has a way that the parent or child can play with this book. They first page has a tab that when pulled makes the "jitterbugs" bounce up and down on the bed. There are Bugs that take baths, brush their teeth (so funny) and there's even a glow in the dark star! This is a great book to get your kids excited about the ritual of getting ready for bed.
on January 1, 2011
My nephew LOVES these books. I was so glad I found them and read the other reviews. I bought 3 of them as Christmas gifts and they're all absolutely adorable.
on April 12, 2012
I bought this book for my nephew for xmas because he loves pop up books and the other reviews said this book had some very cute interactive features. They were right, he loved the book and read it several times in the days after he received it, despite the mountain of other xmas toys he received. The pictures are very cute, and I didnt see any problems with the quality of construction.
on October 15, 2012
So my little one likes her books, and this had some pop-up features that I thought would help her with her fine-motor development. It does have a variety of actions: pull-tab, pop-up, spin-tab (where you spin a paper wheel to make the bugs' dreams change), etc. While the tabs themselves are pretty sturdy, the pages seem very flimsy in comparison. In other lift-the-flap books, the flap seems to be made of heavyweight paper (like for scrapbooking); this one seems to have the pages made of that, and the pull-tabs and such made up of the stuff board book pages are made of. I guess it means that the book's special functions will withstand a toddler's attentions for a long while....they're definitely sturdy....but it'll only be as long as the pages themselves can stand up to it too!
on December 19, 2014
Incredibly cute book. Not sure which is our fav - the bugs jumping on the bed or them brushing their teeth - different nights get different giggle levels from my grandson. "Downside" is all of the pop-ups are pull tab activated. Pull too hard and it's done, plus the pop-up bugs are just a bit thicker than paper, so one over-anxious toddler hand will tear them off the page. We use this as a bedtime book where I can supervise how hard everything gets pulled, then we put it on a shelf to keep it safe.
on December 22, 2011
My son is 18 months old and we have several Matthew Van Fleet books. I purchased this for a change of pace but it is too delicate. He would ruin it if he pulled the tabs of even touched any of the pop-ups. It will be fun when he gets a little older though.
on February 19, 2013
My husband came home last Christmas with "Winter Bugs" for our then 2mo son. We were like, what the heck is a winter bug? But the book was really cute and our son seemed to enjoy us reading it to him. I was surfing Amazon recently and stumbled across some other bug pop-up books by David Carter. Easter is coming up so I bought "Easter Bugs" for his basket. I also bought "Bedtime Bugs" because it looked cute. Lastly, my son is an October baby, so I bought "Halloween Bugs" and "Birthday Bugs." We're going to have a house full of bugs! Each book is adorable. I'm a little concerned about the delicacy of the designs, since they are so intricate, but I'm hoping we can teach him to be careful as we read them together. Recommended for your home library.
on March 21, 2016
We love this book, but suffers the same fate as every other popup book around young children.
Get some rubber cement, ceiling tape, and an exacto knife so you can repair the pages and keep the book working for a long time.
on December 25, 2014
This book is so cute and has so much going on, including a book-within-a-book. Keeps my 20 month old engaged from beginning to end. Really creative and well-designed. I would definitely buy more "Bug" books.