Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on Tikes

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 18, 2011
The Beekman brothers have a farm and a TV show, on which they pride themselves with their natural, seasonal and artisan products. This is the cookbook that is a result of their philosophies using heirloom and seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Their aim is to have this as keepsake to hand down to your family too. The book has 6 pages with protective covers and inserts to include your own recipes. There are pictures for every 3rd or 4th recipe and also of their home, farm and and the ingredients they use. An introduction is included where they explain their food, philosophies and inform the reader about their lives at Beekman Farm.

Each recipe has a place for you to write your own notes and a few sentences about the recipe itself. Tips are also included, such as toasting nuts and buying and ripening peaches. The recipes are divided by spring, summer, fall and winter. Each section has starters, main dishes, side dishes and desserts.
We have already tried the ham and cheese strata which can be fixed the night before and was a hit with our family; the pumpkin cheese bread is marvelous, with the cheese adding a different flavor than normal pumpkin bread. Other winners were beer-braised beef with onion dumplings. We also fixed harvest beef chili which includes pumpkin and has very interesting flavors, and roast pork loin with gingerbread stuffing and also mushroom pilaf.

All of the dishes we tried and others in the book have unexpected but interesting and different flavors and make for some very remarkable dishes. This would definitely make a great addition for any cookbook collection for you or as a gift.
on October 27, 2011
I bought this cookbook when the boys visited the San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Josh and Brent were kind enough to not only host a cooking demonstration, but also stuck around to visit with everyone. I have met them a couple of times now, and they always are very genuine and exactly how you would expect them to be. Anyways, back to the book. You can tell that the recipes have been very well thought out and I love how they have split the cookbook into the different seasons of the year. The blank spaces in the book, where you can add your own notes, is a thoughtful touch, and the pictures are some of the most beautiful pictures of food I have ever seen! The Beekman Boys promote a lifestyle of knowing and respecting the food you consume, and their cookbook goes a long way to promote just that. So, follow their lead... know where your food comes from and how it is grown or raised, garden if you can, and enjoy and share food and recipes with those you love!
on October 4, 2011
I have three daughters and I like to pass along Cook Books. This is the perfect gift for a person who wants to learn time honored recipes. The recipes in this book are easy to follow and it has photos that belong in a frame on your wall. There is an area on the side of the page for notes and it also has room to add your heirloom recipes in the beginning of the book. Great addition to your cook book collection. I ended up purchasing four books, one for me of course!
on August 12, 2013
I have made almost every single recipe in this cookbook (my goal is to make every recipe before the year's up). It was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I think that there were only a couple side dishes that I didn't care for, but almost everything else I've LOVED. The recipes are simple and not pretentious and only use fresh and wholesome ingredients, so I can cook from this almost every day and know that it's healthy. I am creative in the kitchen and like to tweak most recipes (thankfully this book includes spaces for writing notes next to each dish.) For those who are not as experienced and like to measure out everything perfectly and to the letter, you might not enjoy this book as much as I did and some proportions may be off. Some recipes are absolutely perfect as written, and some are good for base recipes.
Some of my favorites are the spinach salad with nasturtiums, mixed greens tart, mini ham and cheese biscuits, pasta with bacon and chestnuts, orange gingerbread, corn fritters, blue cheese pizza, beer-braised beef with onion dumplings, and maple glazed sweet potatoes.
on March 25, 2014
I think that people who have a garden and grow heirloom vegetables will love this cookbook. It has a lot of interesting recipes.

The directions are clear and for each recipe you will get the number of servings and a short comment.

In conclusion: a cookbook for gardeners. If you don’t have a garden it can be tricky to cook using the recipes from this book because some of the ingredients may prove to be hard to find.
on November 1, 2011
I love this cookbook! It's different than any other cookbook I have and I have alot of cookbooks. It's set up by season. I've had it now for about a month and having a great time cooking up the recipes in Fall chapter! Their is a section for each recipe to write down your changes you made so it's your own recipe. Also includes a section to write your own recipes in that you would like to pass down to the next generation.
Another reason why this cookbook is so great is because it is for any type of cook. They are not complicated recipes and have ingredients that are in your regular supermarket or better yet, your local farmers market. Quick and easy recipes that are full of flavor. Even my family members are asking me for recipes from dishes I made from this book that don't like to cook but say they can make these meals.
Do yourself a FLAVOR and get this book!
on October 28, 2011
This is a beautiful cookbook. The photography is gorgous. The recipes I've tried are a bit innovative but still family friendly and easy to follow - you won't have to go out and buy a lot of additional ingredients to make any of the dishes. I have been collecting cookbooks for many years, and I truly believe this is going to be my favorite go-to book when I want to try something new or change up a favorite old recipe.
on November 3, 2011
Like the Beekman Boys themselves, this cookbook is like no other that I have (and I'm a cookbook junkie)! It is beautifully photographed, and there are so many wonderful recipes that are sorted by season, so you can get what is fresh. They live on the east coast, and I the west, so some things won't be available locally for me, but there is a "notes" section on each individual recipe so you can add your changes and keep track of what works! The recipes are unique and I can't wait to cook my way through this cookbook, which isn't something I can say for most of the ones I have, typically its a few recipes, but I want to try nearly everything in this book!

I would highly recommend this as an addition to your collection or a gift for the cookbook junkie in your life. They will love it! There's even a section for you to add your own recipes to the book so that it can be passed down for generations.
on April 7, 2013
I got this from the library and after looking through it, I immediately ordered it through Amazon. I was off and cooking that first night with the Corn Chowder Salad. I only wish I had fresh produce to make this with. Instead I used leftover baked potatoes, and frozen corn and peppers from Trader Joes. Still tasted great and my picky husband couldn't get enough once I told him that it was glorified home fries (I had to because corn chowder grosses him out). Tonight I'm making the pasta with cabbage, bacon, and chestnuts. I couldn't find chestnuts because I was told they were a seasonal item so I'll substitute walnuts. I love this book! It's full of cooking adventures!!!!
on October 7, 2011
This is my all time favorite cookbook! You don't have to be a fan of the show, you don't even have to enjoy cooking to love this book. This is a top quality, beautifully photographed, honestly sure to be an heirloom, book.