5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
I cannot believe how wonderful this book is. When I started reading, I didn't want to put it down. I finished in just a few hours. I hated to read the last page, because this is a book I could read for a long time. I cannot wait for your next book. Thanks Adrienne!
Published on January 28, 2012 by M. Nesby

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
Mona Lisa seemed to be a weak woman, with low self esteem. The stuff that she put up with was ridiculous. I enjoyed the story somewhat, but the ending didn't seem realistic and the story was wrapped up kind of fast in the end.
Published 15 months ago by Tuckntatas

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, January 28, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars SMH......yessss....BEEN SO LONG!!!!!, August 22, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Kindle Edition)
BEEN SO LONG.....This book was soo good!!! I could not put it down and could not wait until my next break at work to read some more! Let me just say that Mona-Lisa, is a good, caring,sensitve, single mother! She thinks that she has all she wants and needs in life. Until something or someone from past throws a monkey wrench in and HONEYYYYY.....Mentally slaps the SUGAHONEYICETEA...outta her! Does Mona-Lisa find out that her life was built merely on lust? I mean life and death does lie in the tongue! She also learns that Prayer can and will change things and God will restore! The twist at the end of the book was great, it left me saying....really...Thompson, you gonna do me like that....lol? Plz, pick up this book and put your reviews on here to help others out!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Paperback)
When I ordered the book I couldnt wait to read it! I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK! I READ IT NONSTOP! This book is so good that you can't even predict what will happen at the end! That's one of the reasons why I love this book! THIS WAS A GREAT BOOK OVERALL, READ IT, TRUST ME YOU WILL BE HAPPY YOU DID!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Kindle Edition)
Even though I am single and of a certain age, I found this story quite compelling. From the first chapter I was with Mona-Lisa. She was wrong about a few things but she was always a good mother. Been So Long was a wonderful story to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book!!, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Kindle Edition)
This was such an good book! This wasn't your typical "Home Wrecking Mistress" storyline. This storyline was soo much more than that and had much more depth to it than that. This is a story about Mona- Lisa who fell in love at first sight with Wasif back in college even though she was already in a relationship with Corey. But, due to Corey's discipline and focus on school even though they were in a relationship her feelings for him never went beyond "friend". So fast forward 14 - 15 years later and we now find Mona-Lisa with teenage twin boys from Wasif. Whom is married to someone else but really truly does love Mo more than his wife, and lives a double life with two separate families. Mona-Lisa is happy with her life the way things are...... until someone comes into her life and show her that she is actually living the same life on the lines as her mother did. And forces her to relive memories she has taken years to supress & to see her life for what is really is leaving the question of "Is This The Life She Really Wants To Live?" Hope this review aids you in your decision to by the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good discussion book for women..What would you do?, October 16, 2012
C. Boyd (Hazel Crest, Il United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Been So Long (Kindle Edition)
Despite editing errors this was a good story about a young Black woman with a history of childhood neglect and poverty who escapes her memories by settling for the good life with a man she meets and becomes pregnant by while in college. She falls for this exotic man who is rich, kind and ultimately marries another woman while keeping her on the side. The story begins 15 years later when now with two boys, a home, luxuries and the role of mistress she realizes that she has settled for far less than she could have had. When an old friend reenters her life she realizes how much she has sacrificed just to live a comfortable life. The revelations are heartbreaking and you find yourself saddened by the choices she continues to make and the impact of those choices on others. I would categorize this as light Christian fiction. It is a good discussion book for women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Loved It!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Paperback)
I could not put this book down! The characters seemed so real...felt like you knew them personally. I applaud the author in her storytelling. Kept me hooked from page to page. Can't wait to read the sequal...I MUST know how everything plays out! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Kindle Edition)
I'd downloaded this book weeks ago, but didn't get around to reading it until this morning... and I read it all the way through. It was absolutely fantastic! Well written, well paced, great characters, great conflict (especially with the school bullying), real emotions (a little bit too much crying - but it was understandable). I just really, really enjoyed this title. Excellent work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Great, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Kindle Edition)
Been so Long was simply Great!! I give it a 6 and I know the scale is one out of five. You won't regret buying it. I read the book in two days and found that it was a easy read. Ms. Thompson also visited my bookclub Divas Leaving no Pages unturned on yesterday for a Live Discussion of the book and we all agree that this book was a Great read for everyone. We also enjoyed the characters in the book. I can't wait to read future books by Ms. Thompson!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Time Has Come, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Been So Long (Kindle Edition)
When Mona-Lisa Dandridge was a freshman in college, she met Wasif Masood. He was a fine looking man. When she first saw him she was at a loss for words. Mona was already dating her high school sweetheart Cory, but when she saw Wasif, all sense of reality was lost. It was then that she decided Wasif Masood would be hers and Cory was a thought in the distant wind.

Years passed and Mona was true to her word. Her and Wasif were together and living the life of their dreams. They became parents to handsome twins, Wasif was a well known cardiologist, and Mona was a homemaker living in a beautiful home with everything provided for her and her boys. They were the perfect family. The perfect family with secrets. What are these secrets? Will it tear their family apart?

Adrienne Thompson's "Been So Long" was a fabulous read. Once I picked the book up, I could not put it down. I completed it in a matter of hours. It was an emotionally intense read with unbelievable heart wrenching events. When I made it to the end of the book, I didn't want it to end. I wanted more of the life of these characters. With this said, I give Adrienne Thompson 5 well deserved stars. I look forward to reading more of her books.

Been So Long