5.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to classical music for kids
This is the first of the music CDs for the kids - we have two boys aged 6 and 8 now. We've had this (and other in the series) for over a year now. At first, the kids loved the stories which provide a sense of history and place and keep them interested in the entire CD. Then, they started to listen more to the musical portions. More recently, it's been really...
Published on April 21, 2001 by M. Ragen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not music
Unfortunately, this is a summary of the life of Beethoven and some of his best known works with excerpts inserted in the spoken narrative. I expected to be able to listen to music, not the biography of Beethoven, as it was purchased for very young children who would not be interested (at their age) in his life history.
Published 19 months ago by Janet L. Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars Such lovely memories come back...., November 20, 2006
lilginny (Austin, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
I owned this on cassete as a kid and I am so sad to have lost it. I fell asleep to this tape as a kid, and now Beethoven has an almost nostalgic feel about him. WONDERFUL album!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Introduction to Classical Music, December 28, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Beethoven Lives Upstairs (Audio CD)
My five year old daughter adores this tape, as well as the other tapes in the series. What a terrific introduction to classical music for children!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-done, probably best for 5+ year olds, December 6, 2013
This was a nicely put-together story. It was probably too advanced for my 3-year-olds, but they still paid close attention to it. The casual way that facets of Beethoven's life are introduced and discussed, along with snippets of his music, are nice, though I thought the "story" overall was a bit too serious for kids. The recording and voice acting are top-notch.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless CD, July 29, 2013
I first bought this as a tape for my daughter over 20 years ago. We loved listening to it with her. A few months ago I purchased the CD for a 5-year-old relative, and his parents report that it is his favorite music CD to listen to in the car. Oftentimes children don't learn to love music, especially classical music, unless they are introduced to it at a young age. This CD is the perfect introduction - a captivating story with excerpts of Beethoven's music woven into it. All the CDs in this series are tops on my list of best gifts for children, and parents will have to admit that they love them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Beethovan quite alive!, January 12, 2011
My 7 year old knows quite a few classical tunes from `Elmo and orchestra', and knows about Beethoven. But, this CD makes Beethoven alive. Knowing what Mr Beethoven was like and the horrible deafness that he suffers, my daughter appreciates the not only how beautiful the music sounds but also the emotional side of his music. I also bought Mozart and Bach, we like all 3 but we (me and my daughters) agree that Beethoven was the best among the three.

5.0 out of 5 stars introduce to all children, January 24, 2009
Bought this for my older sons years ago and they still remember the Beethoven story! Amazingly told for all to understand and remember the music.
SC

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent classical CD that aspires to young listeners., November 30, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Beethoven Lives Upstairs (Audio CD)
This compelation of Beethoven's greatest pieces, coupled with the story of his life told in letters from a young child to his wise uncle, makes this CD one of the best classical CD's I have ever heard. It inspires both adult and child's imaginations alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit rowdy for toddlers, June 3, 2014
The used cd was in great condition. I had checked out this cd at our local library and thought it was worth buying since my girls (age 2 & 4) liked most of it. There were a few tracks where they thought the music was a bit "scary", but I enjoy it and know they'll grow to appreciate Beethoven's "wild" side. My only complaint about the cd is that I ordered it, along with another cd, from the same vendor (not Amazon), and it came in the same box, but I got charged shipping for both - crazy!

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend!, April 3, 2014
The music in the CD was carefully selected and made. Not too hard to appreciate, but definitely serious. The story is told artistically. I would recommend it for kids 6 and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing combination of Beethoven's music and life-for children, April 2, 2014
Although for children, the music and life story is very moving for adults, too. I highly recommend this. My children, now adults, remember it vividly.

Beethoven Lives Upstairs
Beethoven Lives Upstairs by Various Artists (Audio CD - 1991)
Rate and Discover Movies