Format: Paperback
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood the morning Santa Rita's Mayor Madison Glenn drives into City Hall's parking lot. Eager to get started in the job she'd held for two years and still thrives on, Maddy isn't prepared for the lime green Gremlin that stops her cold. Gremlin car that is, parked in her reserved spot with a dead body inside.

In town that usually sees only a few murders in one year, the body in the Gremlin signals the beginning of a murder spree, all connected to the city. Maddy, amidst running the city and campaigning for a congressional seat, helps Detective Judson West find the killer. And if this doesn't keep her busy enough, Maddy saves time to follow her budding feelings for him.

Alton Gansky's character Maddy Glenn is well developed and completely believable. In the book, her friend Nat accuses her of being unique in many ways--witty, intelligent, driven, committed, and selflessness. This is near the end of the book, and as you read Nat's comments you realize that Gansky was successful in portraying Maddy as all of those things. From the beginning you can admire her spunk, her wit, and her desire to control a free wielding tongue to let her emerging faith control her life instead. She inspires Christians who struggle with new faith and helps them see how to develop coping skills through tenacity and daily Bible study.

The plot is strong and moves along at a solid pace. There were a few times I wished it moved faster but I never lost interest. Gansky's dialogue is strong and realistic. His characters are quirky and memorable while realistic. All in all, I found this a lighthearted read that kept me turning the pages at night. I would very much recommend this title and plan to go back and read, The Incumbent, the first in the series. And Alton, if you read this I hope you plan another Maddy selection. Come on, Alton. We need to know if she ends up with the guy and which one she chooses.
on April 3, 2007
Format: Paperback
I love how Gansky propels you in one direction and it sounds so reasonable and yet he has something up his sleeve. He is a master of compelling, turn-paging novels. I'm always eager to get into his books and this one pleased me as usual. Suspenceful and romantic, I couldn't wait to get back to it.
on September 4, 2007
Format: Paperback
GREAT Christian mystery, but before you read this one you need to read the first book in this series. You can still read this one first but to get to know the characters better read the first book "The Incumbant" . I really enjoy reading Alton Gansky books. We need more good Christian Mystery books like these. This mystery will keep you guessing till the end!!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations