Customer Discussions > Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360 forum

Before you buy, first consider what you're supporting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2011 9:55:28 PM PDT
CyrexCore2k says:
Just some food for thought. If you don't feel the same way carry on. :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hy24b/battlefield_3_preorder_dlc_boycott_coordination/

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 10:37:47 PM PDT
Johnny B says:
This needs to really be spread everywhere. I honestly think we can change their minds if we stick together.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 4:03:11 AM PDT
BruteNStones says:
im not buying infact i canceled my pre order

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 12:52:36 PM PDT
Justice Pie says:
So...you're cancelling your pre-order because you're not getting ALL of the bonus items...but you're getting some?

So confused.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 12:53:46 PM PDT
BruteNStones says:
The games not finished and theres DLC ?

So confused.

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 12:32:08 PM PDT
HamT says:
You're confused. The way EA did it with Bad Company 2 is that they issued a free code with every NEW copy of Bad Company 2, this code would be redeemable for one use, and would allow you to download the DLC. This way they make it so if you buy the game used, you will have to purchase the DLC. This does not affect you, the pre-order buyer in any way.

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 12:48:43 PM PDT
BruteNStones says:
Thanks HamT I really understand what you mean. And I agree it's a good deal ONLY though if the disc is literally unable to hold that extra DLC.

You can see why everybody would be dissapointed in such DLC if the disc could hold it but it's still going to be sold after launch.

But, if the disc can't hold it then this pre-order bonus is just an added feature that we love.

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 7:46:55 PM PDT
you people are PATHETIC... there a bigger problems in the world serious ones... and you're bitching about 2 guns and 2 accessories... and you call yourselves fans

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 8:57:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2011 6:12:56 PM PDT
EA believes in rewarding their core fanbase with special offers - such as giving them the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge. EA also claims that they specifically chose said weapons in the Physical Warfare pack to keep gameplay balanced. If the Karkand pack was free, that wouldn't be awarding their core fanbase and the physical warfare pack is going to be free after the games release.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 2:03:04 AM PDT
I know exactly what I am supporting! I am supporting game developers and publishers who make and release games that I have an interest in playing. Why do people think I should listen to them when it come to things I'm interested in. If you think it's a ripoff, or have a loyal dedication to a competing franchise than don't buy the game. But quit trying to influence others just because you have a bug where the sun don't shine. Get off the soap box and leave people to purchase what they want, and how they want to purchase it.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 7:09:00 AM PDT
Mark Warner says:
I just pre-ordered. Game looks great. I can't wait for it to come out. I'm playing Black Ops in the meantime.

By pre-ordering I get a free expansion pack? Cool! Before, I just got guaranteed a copy, you know, back when games still used to sell out.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 5:19:39 PM PDT
H. Wang says:
ea and dice said they will make the game balance. I believe them so I pre order the game

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:10:48 AM PDT
J. Kayser says:
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/16/physical-warfare-pack-available-to-all-battlefield-3-players.aspx

read this before u cancel ur preorder. it clears everything up

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 1:13:19 PM PDT
This is no different than Bad Company 2 or what EA does with it's franchise's now....why should we cancel our order's if we want this game? Because to (get everything) we have to pay a subscription fee each month and $15.00 per map pack....oh wait I think that's a game that rhyme's with POD :)

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 5:05:12 AM PDT
Waldo says:
The person that wrote this post is more than likely a COD fanboy! Scared maybe COD finally has some fierce competition!

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 5:49:23 AM PDT
John S. says:
I kinda know what everyone is thinking, and I undestand wanting ALL the guns available. But honestly, there is going to be that 1 sweet gun I always use, and I really doubt it will be one of those......if it is....crap. Ok well yeah I guess I support yall! hahahha

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 8:06:52 AM PDT
John S. says:
http://kotaku.com/5812689/you-dont-have-to-play-battlefield-3s-silly-pre+order-game-to-get-its-physical-warfare-pack

weapons will be available to everyone

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 3:19:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2011 3:19:50 PM PDT
This is funny. I have no problem with them trying to cut down on used copies floating around. They choose to do this in the form of D.L.C. That is fine with me. They are not making you miss any part of the game that you don't have to. Look at the Resident Evil on the 3DS!! That truly sucks. If you do not want the game do not buy it. I do think a lot of the people are COD players. Go back to playing COD and leave the normal people alone!
Both of them are going to get smoked by the new G.R.A.W. anyway!

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 4:37:35 AM PDT
Energico Q8 says:
Diablo3 CoD MW3 BF3 Resident evil twisted metal GoW 3 :X should we take a loan here? lol this year will be heavy for the players.

anyway BF makes me excited every time they make new one i cant wait to get my copy of this one.

BF is more realistic and funnier then CoD imo and the team work is very good in this game i don't care how much to pay for this one i know they wont lit me down

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2011 10:18:44 AM PDT
ramon2585 says:
That's a typical EA move. The content is already on the disc, but they'll make you pay to unlock it. That's how they do.

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 10:20:27 AM PDT
Mark Warner says:
The location of the content is irrelevant. The only thing that's relevant is whether the retail price is worth what's being offered to you. If it's not, don't buy. If it is, then don't worry about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 7:40:37 AM PDT
The guns will not outweigh every weapon in the original game. You're acting as if its a download pack of golden guns with one hit kills. The WWII M1 was exclusive in BFBC2 which i only got to use if i picked it up off someone I slaughtered. Which was an awesome gun but with MGNM ammo on it didn't matter what gun you used if I got the drop on you. And if you dont wanna pay extra then just pre-order the damn thing if you're going to get it anyways. Even if you can't get it as soon as it comes out, just put 5 down on it at gamestop and pick it up when you can. All the messed up stuff in this world, all the things that deserve boycotting and someone to stand up for them/it and you're making a big deal out of an expansion pack for a video game. Have fun playing Call of Duty. You deserve it.

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 8:10:30 PM PDT
I am glad to see gamers taking a stand... FINALLY, but I its WAY too little TOO LATE!!!
The damage is done.
This started years ago with the xbox 1. games used to be 50 bucks. they started putting out special edition for 60 bucks to see if people would pay 60 for a new game. People bought the cheap extra $$$$ and paid the extra 10 bucks. now its norm.
look at all the DLC for games like COD. You all bought it.
Battle Bad Company 1 and 2 had extra pre order stuff. no one said or did anything. This game will sell more copies than the the last 3 battlle field games combined. Do you really think a few gamers boycottying now is going to make a dent. TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.
I have been boycotting COD download maps for the last 3 COD games among other titles. what have you been doing?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2011 8:13:01 PM PDT
the M1 was one of the SINGLE best guns in the entire game!!!!!! its sad I bought a modern combat game, and they had the single best version of the WW2 M1 Garand than any of the ww2 games!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 11:17:20 AM PDT
John E-Smith says:
I have been blowing this horn for a while now, but it seems there's no good outlet to stand up on a soapbox and get this message across. I bought the ONE map pack for CoD4, which was great, but the franchise hasn't gotten a dime of DLC cash from me since. Frankly, I boycott most DLC, especially multiplayer maps for $$$. Back in the Halo 2 days, they kept releasing multiplayer map packs and charging a premium if you wanted it right away, eventually releasing it for free after a month or so. This allowed die-hard players early access to the new content, while the more casual players could just eventually pick it up for free once the new maps had been integrated into the playlists. You HAD to download the map packs to play online, but they were free so it didn't matter.

Flash forward a few years to Halo 3, and it's the exact same scenario accept the maps were NEVER OFFERED FOR FREE, yet you STILL NEEDED THEM TO PLAY ONLINE. That was where the line for DLC was drawn for me.

And look now... now they talk about DLC before games are even released. What has gaming come to??? The publishers just see us, the consumers, as a money tree, and DLC is a way for them to shake the branches bare.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  35
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360
Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (1,342)