Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Before your kid plays WoW read this... :(

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2010 7:44:52 PM PST
cybertext says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 12:45:49 AM PST
Evolshammy says:
They didnt go through with this. Blizz decided against putting personal information on such posts. I cant find the post but I remember reading it on the WoW forums that they decided against it. If you want to see it I can try to dig it up again for ya.

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 2:44:54 AM PST
cybertext says:
Yep, Real ID was canceled. But, they have a warning on the forums, if you are acting stupid you get turned into the local authorities for 'final disposition'. :( Don't be acting stupid during Cataclysm.

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 5:22:07 AM PST
Evolshammy says:
So if I were to "act up" on Cataclysm (I play on US Servers, living in Germany) they are going to try to send the German Polizei after me? LOL I think the polizei would laugh at them hahaha

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 6:31:54 AM PST
R. Bunds says:
*rolls eyes* Go back to making your tin foil hats.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2010 9:25:15 AM PST
I can't determine whether you're 13 years old or clinically insane.

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 3:56:57 PM PST
What, you can't be both?

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 10:25:22 AM PST
Your real ID is only given to people who you have on your real ID friends list, and to get on someone's real ID list you need to physically give them your e-mail address. Basically, your post is a nonissue.

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 2:09:43 PM PST
A lot of what cybertext says is a non issue. You just have to chalk it up to the nonsensical ramblings of a person with the mind of a 13 year old.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 11:49:35 AM PDT
cybertext says:
by agreement...yes.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 11:52:03 AM PDT
cybertext says:
Blizzard could hire a PR firm to make fake names to post that RealID is good, and giving out your personal information online is good, but you need to ask authorities, teachers, friends that have been victimized...giving out personal information on the Internet WILL cause major problems.

Posted on May 5, 2011 3:21:45 PM PDT
J. Manley says:
Wait, so the perceived problem here is that your kid might violate the law and be forced to face consequences as a result? Your posts are pretty unclear about what the problem is.
Even if your communication is online, you're not talking at a bunch of letters on a screen or numbers in a machine; there is a real human being on the other side. Kids, in particular, need to learn that. If they're intelligent enough not to say something to someone in person because the person might respond violently, then there isn't any context where it's suddenly okay to say whatever it is. It's that simple.
That said, people do overreact, and the Internet is just another venue for that. This is a risk that everyone runs any time they interact with other human beings. Just treat people with respect, don't be a jerk, and there's really not much else you can do. Sounds like a solid life lesson for the kiddo.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 7:44:49 AM PDT
Luke Mchale says:
Original poster, your brain was the egg frying in the excessive fatty juices of stupidity, yes you are on drugs...and for those who think their information is "safe", think again, if you connect to the internet all your converted private information was taken many moons ago.

How do you think I can pay $5-$25 to get all the information on anyone I wish to. Don't believe me, go check yourself. The privacy of your sensitive information, is a figment of your imagination, much like your belief that we live in the land of the free.

Spoon fed media brainwashed your decision making long ago. If this is the most advanced country in the world, then ask yourself why health care is not a right and connected to your employment status? Who has the best health care? Those who are young, healthy, and don't need it.

Stop thinking in the mindset that you are the army of one and realize we are a community and the power of the people comes from the strength and understanding that we are one piece of the picture that makes our community, help others more than you help yourself and know that what you have is not as a result of your hard work, but the place in society you were born.

The higher up the social ladder you are, the more responsibility you have to help those less fortunate than yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 1:07:36 PM PDT
SweetDaddy says:
you should me shot for this post.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2011 9:06:36 AM PDT
Rockhardly says:
You should spend more time thinking.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:08:01 PM PDT
cybertext says:
Okay, this post was pre-Cataclysm. It made now sense what Blizzard did, tightening up their language on harrassment, if they still allowed harassment in the game with ninja looting. The whole game is about harrassment, pvp, etc. But, now that they are selling the game to 8yr olds with pokemon and panda, it all makes sense now. They want a child friendly game. /RUN!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 1:44:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 27, 2012 1:44:55 PM PDT
No, the actual reason was Ghostcrawler was getting death threats (it's why he wasn't posting on the forums -- and why the death threat notice on the forums for months). On the blog he posted some rules for him to go back to post on the forums, even. But despite the rules in place, the trolls remain and those who spent many months offering suggestions and more are permanently banned. The Blizzard WoW forum is now a fanboi site, and with the help of MMO-Champion (and it's odd moderation rules -- a moderator there even posted about playing on private servers -_-) is about hype. The problem with it all -- the addon sites like Curse to Wowhead -- is they need to suck the teet to make money. They are not going criticize the hand that feeds them, which in turn creates a market of hype sells, not actual quality.

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 12:04:21 PM PDT
E. Bass says:
Cybertext, let me get this straight...
Basically, you raised your kid to be a jerk, and don't want him to deal with the consequences of being a jerk? You, also don't like when society gives him consequences for being the jerk you're bringing him up to be.

This is what you sound like:
Cybertext: "Oh yeah, my kid smashed your car window, but he shouldn't be punished & I shouldn't pay for your car window. No, I don't want to be bothered. I work everyday."

Now, mind you before you even install this game, Blizzard, and most online gaming companies with multiplying features, will inform you that jerk type behavior is not allowed, and the consequences are usually a bann-hammer. Oh wait, jerk don't read TOUs, they just make fake "lawyer" posts to moderators.

Do you think it's okay for your child to insult people in person, over the phone, or through an email? Do you realize that real people play this game? Some are relaxing from a day of work or school... or HEY, raising kids. What makes your kid special that he can just anonymously insult people because you raised him to be an inhumane jerk? People suffer the consequences of crimes and rude acts on a constant basis. Why should your child be allowed to do as he pleases to others?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Set
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Set by Blizzard Entertainment (Windows 2000 / Vista / XP)
3.7 out of 5 stars (425)