Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Begin to Hope
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 12, 2015
The best album of Regina Spektor.
on September 26, 2007
Not to draw too much comparison, but considering that Norah Jones has a habit of releasing two singles and then dropping off the face of the Earth, afterwards there seems to be a void for a new female singer-songwriter pianist (well, new to mainstream audiences, anyway). And here we have Regina Spektor and her stellar album, Begin to Hope.

I won't do like other reviewers and classify Regina as anti-folk because "anti-"anything is pretty broad, but there's plenty of quality material to find on here, like "Summer in the City", "Better" and, of course, "Fidelity". Regina also does well when she just lets the piano ride on its own, as evidenced by "Edit" and "Field Below". And songs like "Samson" (loosely based on the biblical character) and "Hotel Song" exhibit her storytelling skills.

I didn't really care for that "uh-oh" part toward the end of the otherwise good "On the Radio", and I couldn't get into "Après Moi" (after me) at all. I also don't understand the point of "That Time", but the rest of the album is good enough for you to ignore such missteps. Begin to Hope is an album that'll have you continuing to hope for more great music from Regina.

Anthony Rupert
on June 29, 2007
Regina Spector recieved radio play at the station I listen to as well as having a short article in Newsweek. I purchased her CD based on these things . The first few listens of her CD annoyed me. There were too many "clever hooks" that she does with her voice. But, after about 10 listens, her music started to grow on me. Like alot of young artists, she brings a fresh perspective on perpetual themes but also has themes that are unusual. She plays the piano very well and her voice is clear and strong. I don't know if I will want to listen to her CD 5 years from now when it's lost the novelty but it's a good start for a young artist.
on September 12, 2015
Item as described love it!
on December 29, 2014
Even better than her last.
on February 15, 2007
Double album - lots of music. less cursing that kitch and more musical. Please do a punk album Regina.
on March 8, 2007
great follow-up album, if this is the first on you've heard, you have to check out her debut album!
on September 7, 2015
Love her! Awesome CD.
on September 27, 2007
Dirty and sickly sweet lyrics all on one album with a beautiful voice! My kind of good time!
on March 8, 2007