Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$8.99

on September 5, 2010
Many people in recent years have embraced the philosophy behind "The Secret," "The Law of Attraction," and the popular books by Eckhart Tolle and have started to become more conscious of their thoughts and how their thoughts create their reality.

What Paul Boynton does in "Begin With Yes" is gently instruct the reader on how to bring the Law of Attraction out of the mind and into action. "The secret to a good life," writes the author, "is less about having a positive attitude and more about taking positive actions."

This is a small book, but one that has a big impact. Boynton has fashioned the book as a friendly conversation between author and reader, providing easy language and clear examples of how to take the first action steps.

"Begin With Yes" is designed to get us moving, and Boynton provides us with very simple ways of putting it all into motion. I really liked the personal stories Boynton uses throughout the book of friends and colleagues who have a "begin with yes" attitude, but I especially liked when Boynton talked about his own journey.

One passage that stands out for me is when Boynton and a friend are driving past a newly constructed home in the neighborhood, and Boynton says, "Look at that ugly house." As soon as he says it, the author realizes how negative he sounds, and he makes the shift to "Look at that house; it's not my style." This is not a major revelation, but that's Boynton's point: All we need to do to have a "Begin With Yes" attitude is to take one positive, life-affirming step at a time.

Boynton's book (with a beautiful cover design by Michael Wynne) will uplift and encourage you the next time you encounter a long line at the grocery store or an inattentive waiter at a restaurant. It has brought me much peace, and I trust it will do the same for you. The best time to start is now!

-Salvatore Sapienza, author of Gay is a Giftand Seventy Times Seven
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2013
WOW, WOW, WOW! A simple yet powerful book!!!! I can't express how much this book has inspired and empowered me. No more self doubt.

I had it for a while (as I was trying to find the time to read it) and decided to pick it up and finally read it. It was just what I needed, it really was. I only wish I read it sooner, little did I know I would have it read in a couple hours; I could not put it down.

I have SO many things I want to do and so many passions that I have not pursued because I have always needed to have all the answers and a plan first in order to do it. Hearing "Let steps unfold one at a time." and "Taking an action, no matter how small, sets things in motion, and motion no matter how small, is power." truly spoke to me! Paul talks about how shifting your perceptive as well and that really hit me hard and spoke to me.

Hearing all this from the perspective of another...gave me that push to start doing! This will help me so much in all aspects of my life and will help me inspire others. My thanks to Paul from the bottom of my heart!!! He HAS inspired me!

It really does all "Begin with Yes!"

M
on April 29, 2013
Paul Boynton's book has meant the world to me. When I first read it, I was contemplating going back to school after losing my job. The problem was that at that point, I was already 53 years old. When I did read the book, I realized that my dreams really don't have an expiration date - and as someone told me recently, I'm going to be the age I am, whether or not I'm in school, so I may as well be there. The bottom line is that this book got me believing in myself. Even on my bad days, I still push myself to take even one small step, in effect, to begin with yes, as I learned from the book!

The book has made such a tremendous change in my life that within just a few weeks I will be graduating with my B.S. in Sociology, and a Minor in Women's and Gender Studies. I have also been accepted into graduate school, and beginning in August, I will be working toward my Master's in Social Work and Counseling. I honestly believe I would never have had the courage to try for graduate school, or even to keep plugging away at my undergrad degree, were it not for "Begin With Yes."

I absolutely believe in this book, and recommend it for everyone. Yes, even people who are already successful. I have purchased a copy as a gift for a family member in need of some uplift, and will continue recommending the book many, many years from now!
on November 3, 2010
This book took me by storm...have not read a book in years that literally lifted me off the couch and got me moving. The simplicity in something that we often deem difficult is emotionally overwhelming. Praise to Paul for shedding some light, and for bringing a sense of goodness to this sometimes dark world!!!
on March 6, 2014
I thought this book was decent, overall. The first few chapters, the author rambled about the book and how helpful it was, and I was just waiting to learn why it's helpful. Haha. The book really is like a short conversation, and it got me to really think about what I actually wanted to do with my life. If you're looking for a short self-help book, then it could be the one for you. The price was right on, but it wasn't a life changer for me. Just made me reflect upon myself a little more than I normally would. I hope that helps for whoever is interested!
on July 9, 2014
The subtitle of this book confidently asserts, "A short conversation that will change your life forever."

I am trusting that my life has been changed forever by my reading of this book in that never again, I hope, will I believe in such a torrent of favorable reviews. As of today, the 10th of July, 2014, there is a total of 254 reviews: three 1 star, four 2 star, two 3 star, nineteen 4 star, and an astonishing two hundred and twenty six 5 star reviews. I can only imagine that the author and his acolytes put in a lot of hard work in garnering these reviews.

Two quotations essentially summarize the book:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

"Do it now."

There is nothing new in the book, no illuminating, perceptive insights, nothing that any averagely competent googler could not discover in half an hour's browsing on the internet.

The material in this book could be usefully compressed into one page. Indeed, it is compressed into one page, the page titled: "Begin With Yes: The 10 Principles", which is page 106 in my Kindle edition, the last page of the book proper.

I might not have minded being reminded at a cost of a dollar or two of the ideas expressed in the two maxims quoted above, but this book cost me $12.53, which is a rip-off.

I recommend reader's check out the following two books, which are built around similar ideas but which are far better written:

"Small Move, Big Change: Using Microresolutions to Transform Your Life Permanently" by Caroline L. Arnold.

"Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results" by Stephen Guise.

But please, read carefully the more negative reviews as well as the positive ones before you commit yourself to buying!
33 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2012
I started reading his posts on FB. The photos are what lured me in - they're so beautiful and serene. Better than saying, "SERENITY NOW"!. I started looking forward to reading his inspirational and motivational words along with those exquisite photos everyday. Today's times are hard for everybody - it doesn't matter who you are. Many of us are overwhelmed with problems and obstacles in our daily lives. We seem like we can't make a difference in what's happening around us or within us. From Paul's written word to our eyes and hearts, we learn that it just takes one small step towards making ourselves better, which in turn, can make any outcome better. Stop being overwhelmed, buy Paul's book, 'Begin With Yes' and learn to let go and live a happier life.... one step at a time! You'll be glad that you did!
on October 21, 2012
When I check a book I find promising on Amazon, I usually start from reading the negative reviews.
I'm curious about its shortcomings and I'm a firm believer that you can only hear about them objectively (if not a bit over-dramatized) by someone who didn't enjoy reading it so much.
This book only had 3 negative reviews (so far as I can see). The main "problem" as these reviewers put it was the fact that the gist of the book is simple and easy for anyone to think -and even write about- on their own.
I'd like to address this expectation.
This book is written for those who are going through some sort of crisis. It is written to offer down-to-earth advice and inspiration. Those in crisis or in a pickle usually are so consumed by their daily predicament that a little well-meaning down-to-earth well-written inspirational advice can go a long way. Someone to think for you the little steps that can help move you forward and away from your troubles, and most importantly someone or something that can give you Hope and Inspiration and Faith in the goodness of life are usually all you need.
So don't look at this short book to answer all your life's questions. Look at it as a friend. Use it as your prompt to a better life especially when you're in the middle of muddy waters. We've all been there, we all know how invaluable such a little book (or a good friend) can be those hours when nothing really makes sense.
Many thanks to Paul for making it available as an ebook.
Btw, if you're unemployed, Paul will help you get a discount, just drop him a line!
on August 21, 2013
This book has changed my life ... taken me in a whole new direction. Our organization has a weekly newsletter in which they highlight an employee each week. Below please find a write up on how this book has impacted my life. I am sharing this in the hopes that it might just get someone else moving down a path they've been thinking of, but didn't quite know where to begin. It's easy, really ... just begin with yes!

"Farm fresh eggs. Milk. Soap. Lotions. Trish didn't know that farming was her passion until she and her loving husband of 28-years, Ed, took a leap of faith to transform their 20-acre home into a hobby farm. After reading Goat Song, a book about a professional couple that moved to Vermont to purchase a small farm, Trish became fascinated with the idea of having her own small herd of animals. "It touched me, but I wasn't sure exactly how to get started." Amazingly, it was a local author named Paul Boynton who convinced her to take the first step. Paul was invited to speak with employees about his latest book, Begin With Yes. After reading that book and thinking about its application in her own life, Trish decided to take the first step in realizing her goal. "That book helped me see that you have to start somewhere and keep moving along - each step leads to a path you can follow." She started her research online and it opened up a whole new world. "There is a network of people who have small hobby farms and are willing to share everything they know." The biggest surprise for Trish and Ed? "It is a lot more work than I ever expected but the joy the animals can bring you is truly amazing." Two years ago, Trish would never have believed that she would be balancing her work at the organization with living this farming life. "It challenges me and moved me out of my comfort zone. Accomplishing this tells me that I've done this in this area, I can do it in other areas of my life, too. It has given me a whole new perspective on what I am capable of."
on April 8, 2014
Didn't really get a whole lot out of this or learn anything new. Wasn't a huge fan of the Q&A format either. All the guidelines in this book should be common sense. Have a goal? What's the first step? Do that step! There's the book.