5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Yoga Program That Is Truly For Beginners
I found this beginning yoga workout to be great. I have wanted to incorporate yoga into my routine for years because of the promoted health benefits but most other programs, even "beginners" ones, were too hard to follow, the transitions were difficult and since I'd never done yoga before I didn't have the balance or flexibility to do most of the poses.

I was...
Published on January 15, 2013 by KateyKat

3.0 out of 5 stars too easy
Published on November 17, 2009 by Skeeter*

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Yoga Program That Is Truly For Beginners, January 15, 2013
KateyKat (Seattle, Washington) - See all my reviews

I was able to follow along with every pose in this video with no trouble, even with mild arthritis in my back and hips. I found the setting to be highly relaxing and the instructor to be very encouraging. I could actually see doing this workout again and again. The poses offered a great stretch that made me feel more flexible and eased my joint pain and stiffness and the breathing exercises recharged me so I actually feel energized and alert after doing the program.

I love that this program allows me to experience all the health benefits of yoga - improved breathing, relaxation, stress-relief, strength, and flexibility, while not being too difficult for my level of activity. In regards to the reviews that said it was too easy or annoying, it is clearly stated that it is a beginners yoga program targeted for those over forty and/or overweight. If you are an experienced yogi or looking for a fast-paced, intense workout, it's obviously not for you.

If you do want something relaxing, engaging, reaffirming, and recharging that you can do every day, then I would definitely recommend this program. It is perfect for those of us who need the health benefits of yoga but have health or weight challenges keeping us from more complicated programs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Yoga for Stress Release and Stretching, November 19, 2011
I love this DVD and it seems like something that I could easily do 3 times a week and stick with. No, it is not a high impact or cardio workout, but it is not meant to be. The thing with yoga is that you can improve even the simplest pose each time you do it. This is great for beginners but also a very nice stretching workout for more advanced people.
Also, being over fifty, moving everyday is so important. I find that when I do this I don't feel as achey. The music, scenery, and the instructor are all really fabulous and work well together. Very happy with this purchase. I've bought other Dvds that were very challenging...did them a few times and then stopped. I feel like this is something very healthy and easy to do everyday. I also like the meditation at the end with affirmations for losing weight. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Beginers, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Beginners Dynamic Yoga for Stress Release & Weight Loss (Amazon Instant Video)
As a woman of a certain age, I have found traditional exercises more
difficult on my joints. On the advice of my physician, I decided to try
my hand at yoga. After careful consideration, I ordered Beginners Dynamic Yoga for Stress Release & Weight Loss. Unlike other yoga
programs, this DVD is easy to follow. All of the movements are explained in a clear and precise manner. The beautiful background scenery really keeps me engaged. Unlike other workout DVDs that I have tried, I find
myself looking forward to working out each morning. By using this DVD, I have noticed an increase in my energy. My ability to handle stressful situations has increased my leaps and bounds. Instead of becoming tense, I find myself using the deep breathing techniques that are presented. With the low-impact movements, I do not worry about becoming overheated during these hot summer months. Best of all, my waistline has seen a dramatic decrease.

3.0 out of 5 stars too easy, November 17, 2009
Definitely for beginners. If you have had any introduction to yoga, you will likely find this too easy. That being said, it is relaxing. Very low impact. If you are typically fairly active you will likely find this too short (you may want to do some of the poses several times to feel like you are getting more of a work-out). If you are just starting a work-out program, rehabing, or purely want something for stress relief, than you will probably like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly for Beginners!, February 1, 2013
I was looking for a beginners yoga DVD that was truly for beginners and this is it. Very happy with the exercises as they've helped my back and neck. I haven't exercised in a long time and my doctor recommended this DVD and I'm glad I did as I don't feel so tight and achey after I do this video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, September 25, 2012
Needed the right video to get me started back into yoga after many years. This was perfect. Gentle approach good descriptions of the moves and nicely done. Felt nicely stretched afterward and more energy for the day. I will use this regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great beginner's DVD for yoga!, February 18, 2013
Beginner's Dynamic Yoga for Stress Relief and Weight Loss by Suzanne Andrews is a great DVD for any beginning exerciser, no matter the age. It offers easy to follow instructions and Suzanne herself is a very enthusiastic teacher who obviously loves the topic. The poses offered in the DVD are simple and Suzanne makes yoga accessible to those who might think yoga is only for people who can get on the floor or do complicated poses right from the start. None of the poses in this particular DVD require floor work at all.

The poses themselves are easily modifiable for any beginner to yoga who wants to make the program a little harder or a little easier, depending on the day. The neck stretches towards the end and the sea turtle are especially relaxing poses.

Suzanne offers plenty of reminders to breathe which is something most beginners forget easily so this is a nice touch. Reasons for each pose are given before the pose is done, but not in a bothersome way that would become tedious over time. They are gentle reminders as to why we do yoga besides the obvious, "it feels good!"

The meditation at the end is longer than usually seen in other yoga DVD but it focuses on the power of positive thinking and really becoming relaxed, which is the purpose of relaxation at the end of yoga. Many yoga DVD's just gloss over this very important part of an active yoga practice but as this particular DVD is about stress relief, it is nice to see this focus.

Overall, this is a very good DVD for any beginner! It is one you'll keep coming back to time and again whether for weight loss workouts or stress relief.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginner Yoga Video, February 10, 2013
I just watched this beginner's yoga video and did it with my 10 year old daughter. We both loved it. The directions were very clear, making it easy to follow for people, like me, who are just getting started in yoga. Even though I'm overweight I found the entire routine manageable. I felt so good after completing the entire routine. I did most of the meditation portion, at the end, lying down. It was very relaxing!! I look forward to watching it again and again, so I can get good at the "chair" poses and do them at work. I will also look forward to some more advanced videos as I progress. Thanks for making a great video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Beginner Yoga Video for those Over 40 wanting to Lose a Little Weight, February 10, 2013
One Wendol (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This is a terrific beginner yoga video for those over 40. The background music and ocean scenery are very relaxing. I will incorporate these poses into my early morning workout to increase flexibility. The instructor does an excellent job. There are yoga poses for all level of fitness including a section using a chair. The chair poses are about 19-20 minutes into the video. If you have a kindle fire or a computer at work, this is a great video to utilize at work for tension and stress relief. The last 8 minutes of the video is on meditation including instruction on health and well-being. I recommend doing the last 8 minutes of meditation daily to not only help in losing weight but also for health and well-being. I recommend this video for those who want to improve their fitness and flexibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, January 28, 2014
Perfect to start off slow and then move on to your own pace. Look forward to watching and doing every day!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›