Develop exciting applications with this multi-platform programming language
- Build web applications from scratch using haXe
- Target multiple platforms using the same code and interface the code with the target platform
- Learn about haXe remoting and how haXe applications communicate with each other
- Learn to manage your data and map haXe objects into your databases
haXe is the universal programming language that is completely cross-platform and provides a standard library that remains the same regardless of platform.
haXe 2 Beginner's Guide will get you up and running with this exciting language and will guide you through its features in the easiest way possible.
haXe has filled the gap in creating multi-platform applications, and haXe 2 Beginner's Guide will fill the gap in learning all you need to know about haXe even if it's the first time you have heard of it.
This book will enable you to fully realize haXe's potential for translating code from a haXe program into different languages.
Start with learning how to install haXe, work your way up to templating, and finally learn exactly how to make the same code work for multiple platforms. In between, find heaps of tricks and techniques and work with haXe's typing system. Learn about inheritance, go from learning what a parameter is to creating your own parameterized classes, and find out what the fuss is all about regarding the dynamic type.
By the time you are done with this book, you'll find yourself writing efficient haXe code for multiple platforms in less time than you can say "compatible".
What you will learn from this book
- Install haXe, get to know the community, and write your first program
- Declare classes and variables in haXe
- Learn about branching so that your program can make decisions and choose different paths according to conditions
- Iterate lists and get things organized into modules, packages, classes the lot
- Learn about haXe's typing system
- Learn features such as type inference and Dynamic objects
- Learn all there is to know about the famed Dynamic type
- Use and write interfaces, typedefs, and enums
- Learn to use templates in haXe to further enhance your web applications
This book is part of the Packt Beginner's Guide series. Written in an engaging style, it offers step-by-step examples with screenshots at key steps and clear explanation of what is happening in each task.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for both Beginners and Developers who want to learn this multi-platform programming language to build web applications from scratch.