From the Back Cover
A Complete Course in Hunting, Dressing, and Butchering
Even if you've never hunted before, you can acquire the skills you need to fill your freezer with local, healthful venison. Author Jackson Landers knows the challenges of taking up hunting as an adult and gives aspiring hunters the knowledge they need to safely and responsibly bag a whitetail -- good for 40 pounds or more of fresh venison.
Everything Beginners Need to Know:
* Learning your local regulations
* Choosing your weapon and ammunition
* Understanding whitetail anatomy so you can predict behavior
* Finding good places to hunt
* Shooting to kill and preparing for a possible follow-up shot
* Dressing, butchering, and packaging your deer
* Cooking with venison
About the Author
Jackson Landers is the author of The Beginner’s Guide to Hunting Deer for Food. He teaches hunting workshops across the United States, has been featured in the Huffington Post and the New York Times, and is the subject of a documentary entitled Close to the Bone. He lives in Virginia.