From the Back Cover
The definitive guide to ASP.NET, completely updated for .NET 4.5
As a perennial bestselling author on all things related to ASP.NET, Imar Spaanjaars is completely in tune with what you need to know to sharpen your ASP.NET skills. With this new edition, he walks you through ASP.NET 4.5, the latest iteration of Microsoft's technology for building dynamically generated web pages, and he delivers helpful examples to clarify each topic. Featuring a user-friendly, step-by-step format, the book guides you through customizing the IDE, building a Planet Wrox website example, working with files and web forms, designing web pages, displaying and updating data, creating tables, and much more. With this resource in hand, you will be completely at ease learning ASP.NET 4.5.
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in C# and VB:
- Highlights the latest features of ASP.NET 4.5 and Visual Studio 2012
- Details how to work with ASP.NET 4.5 controls
- Explains what the ASP.NET state engine is and why it is important
- Shares advice for creating consistent-looking websites
- Includes information on how to add features with pre-built server controls
- Reveals practical tips for using user controls
- Clarifies ways to use Web Services and page methods in Ajax websites
- Includes coverage of jQuery, LINQ, and the entity framework
- Explores measures to take for optimal security
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Imar Spaanjaars, a Microsoft ASP.NET MVP, is the technical director of Dynamicweb North America. He is a bestselling author and one of the top contributors to the Wrox Community Forum at p2p.wrox.com, with more than 15,000 answers to programmer questions.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.