From the Publisher
- Features 25% new material with coverage of all the latest technology.
- Written for the beginner, this book assumes no previous programming experience.
- Approaches learning C++ from a unique and fun perspective.
- Features helpful questions, extensive end-of-chapter exercises, and Web downloads to reinforce self-practice and learning.
1. Types, Variables, and Standard I/O: Lost Fortune. 2. Truth, Branching, and the Game Loop: Guess My Number. 3. For Loops, Strings, and Arrays: Word Jumble. 4. The Standard Template Library: Hangman. 5. Functions: Mad-Lib. 6. References: Tic-Tac-Toe. 7. Pointers: Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0. 8. Classes: Critter Caretaker. 9. Advanced Classes and Dynamic Memory: Game Lobby. 10. Inheritance and Polymorphism: Blackjack. Appendix A: Your First C++. Appendix B: Operator Precedence. Appendix C: Keywords. Appendix D: ASCII Chart. Appendix E: Escape Sequences. Index.