‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Scriptural Answers to Life's Most Difficult Questions, November 14, 2010
Beginning at the End chronicles the life of Job, highlighting aspects of his trials, his questions and his faith. The author describes how Job was tested and brought to a place where his life appeared to be in ruins, or at "The End." Like Job, we face similar feelings of hopelessness and abandonment when circumstances in our lives also resemble ruins. The author points out that it is during these times that our faith can be shaken, as we doubt whether God is even aware of our suffering.

"In our ashes...we allow Satan to plant the seed of doubt that: God could have saved us and He didn't - He could have been there and He wasn't. We find ourselves consumed with disappointment and waging war in a fight for our faith." (pg. 54)

Our perceived "lack of action" on God's part, assaults our faith and makes us feel that God is indifferent to our trials instead of understanding that he is allowing them for reasons of his own. He does not always share his reasons with us, but we do know that he understands our questions and wants us to come to him with them.

Just as in Job's situation, the author reminds us that God wants communication with us.

"Nothing that you're feeling or saying will shock or surprise Him. Don't overlook the fact that in the book of Job, God also revealed to us that He's a good listener! Not once did He interrupt Job in all the chapters of Job's conversation with Him. God waited to speak...when Job was finished talking. Only when Job was silent, did God's silence come to an end." (pg. 279)

Heavily backed by Scripture, the author addresses many human emotions that accompany suffering: Hopelessness, despair, anger, un-forgiveness and doubt, and encourages the reader to find answers in God's Word.

One passage I found particularly poignant was the story of the silversmith, and the correlation with the verse in Isaiah. It was a wonderful reminder that not only is God with us at every moment in the valley, but that he knows just how long we will be there. His goal is not to leave us in the fire until we are destroyed, but to hold us there just long enough, until he sees himself in us.

Beginning at the End will provide Scriptural answers to questions generated during times of trial, and will encourage those who are suffering to see God's hand in the center of their circumstances.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRE, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Beginning at The End (Finding God When Your World Falls Apart) (Kindle Edition)
This book could not have come at a more perfect time. My Life is falling apart as I'm writing this and GOD is the only thing keeping me here today. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, April 5, 2013
If you have ever SUFFER from PAIN before, then this book is something you will understand and benefit by reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginning at the End, August 24, 2013
This book explains in great detail that just because we don't understand the purpose of our trials and tribulations doesn't mean that God has abandoned us. God allows these situations in our life because he is preparing us for something bigger. I highly recommend this book to everyone since we all go through difficult times throughout our lives. It will give you the inspiration and strength to keep your trust and faith in God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed, June 15, 2013
Easy reading. A good review of the Book of Job and explanation of what God wants from each of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars A deeper perspective, May 10, 2013
When I began reading this book I thought it was just another book about Job and his trials and tribulations. What I found is that it made me look at Job differently - more profoundly. The book made me look at each individual situation Job was put thru including how others "counseled" him or gave him advice.

I found myself looking at my own life and paralleling it with Job's. Although my situations were different I was able to identify with Job's thoughts and actions. After reading the book I felt that situations I'd forgotten about were buried and needed to be dealt with. This book helped.

To get the most out of the book I read a little at a time. Thought and meditated about the material - how it made me feel, the lessons I needed to learn, and made notes for myself. I certainly felt "refreshed" after reading the book and plan to reread it again to learn more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, February 4, 2012
A must read book for everyone, whether climbing up the mountain or sliding down the other side :) Cherie writes as if she is experiencing the trial right along side you. For those of you who may not be experiencing a trial right now, it's still a GREAT read as we all know we ALL go through trials at some point along our walks. I give this book and ALL of Cherie's books a 5 star rating. REALLY helped me stay faithful & hopeful :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginning at the end., June 25, 2013
This is a fantastic book for some-one struggling with something in live. It explains that God takes you through valleys sometimes and that Hy brings you closer to him. I am now reading the book the second time in case I missed some valuable tips the first time round. I would espessially recommed this book for someone going through a divorce and dont understand it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An angel in disguise, July 23, 2014
After reading three fourths of this book, I felt as though my mother (that passed 21years ago)was speaking to me with every word I read. I was inspired and determined to finish the book before the night was over. As incredible as Cherie Hill is as an author, the book was inspired by my mom. I ask for signs from my angels and I was sent a feather the other day. Tonight I believe that feather was a sign from my mom letting me know she is beside me. It was incredible to finish the book and feel the inspiration I felt. Absolutely incredible book. Thank you Ms. Hill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Spiritual inspired book to read. Can't wait to ..., July 5, 2014
Very Spiritual inspired book to read. Can't wait to read it again and see that I have missed. Got much more of an explanation for the book of JOB. Very gifted author. Will definitely look into her other books. Our daily walks are difficult living in this world, her words are bible based guidance. May the Lord continue to bless this author for her discipleship, her words speak to my soul.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›