From the Back Cover
See why Java is a great place to start programming
Get the scoop on what goes into a program and how to build one that works
This Java won't keep you up nights, because you have this handy book to show you the ropes! It lays the groundwork for the whole programming experience, shows you how to get started with Java, takes you through creating your first programs, helps you solve programming problems, and even lets you in on some great tips.
Discover how to
- Turn your instructions into code
- Compile and run a program
- Understand methods, classes, and objects
- Use variables, values, and types
- Work with Java "if" statements
About the Author
has been a professor of computer science and has trained programmers for business and industry. His other books include Java & XML For Dummies and Eclipse For Dummies.