Beginning Ubuntu Linux for Windows and Mac Users is your step-by-step guide to using Ubuntu, the popular and free open source operating system. You will learn how to get the most out of your Ubuntu computer at work, at home, and at play. A versatile operating system like Ubuntu is full of possibilities. This book walks you through a variety of scenarios that will make your computer even more powerful and ready to work for you.
You will learn how to install Ubuntu on a new computer, choose between the various available flavors, get your work done, unlock the creative power of your computer, create servers, get to know the command line, and unwind with music, movies, and games once it’s time for a break.
Ubuntu is one of the world’s most popular operating systems and powers both desktop and laptop computers, servers, private and public clouds, and now even phones and tablets. There's never been a better time to get started with it, and move to an open source way of life. Get started with Beginning Ubuntu Linux for Windows and Mac Users today.
What youll learn
• How to install Ubuntu and the advantages of flavors such as Kubuntu.
• Installing Ubuntu alongside Windows or on a phone or tablet.
• Which additional software to install to enhance your enjoyment of your music, photos, and videos.
• Work with files and disks created on Windows and OS X.
• Get familiar with the command line.
• Learn how to set up and get started with virtual machines and server software.
Who this book is for
Beginning Ubuntu Linux for Windows and Mac Users is for anyone who wants to move to using an open source operating system. If you’ve struggled to find comprehensive guides or didn’t even know where to start, this book will delight you. Beginning Ubuntu Linux for Windows and Mac Users will walk you through each step of the way and explain how all the pieces fit together.