5.0 out of 5 stars Is it reality or fiction?, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy (Kindle Edition)
Beguiled is an exciting novel of a world-wide conspiracy. Joanne Lyons does a wonderful job of weaving together historical facts with a fictional conspiracy theory which in turn produces a story that will leave the reader wondering if the situation is more than a story. The main plot is very exciting and the subplots are used in such a way as to develop the characters so that they seem very real. As a result of her ability, Ms Lyons was able to create a story about normal people doing not so normal things in their attempt to save their country in a way which seems more real than other works of fiction in this genre. This book is a must read. - Sheila Rae Myers, Author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, December 11, 2011
This review is from: Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy (Kindle Edition)
BEGUILED is a brilliant novel that shows us what really is going on in the world today behind the scene hidden from the eye of the mass. But it is so much more than a story of a conspiracy theory. It is an epic story of ordinary lives.

There are many individuals in this story whose personal life is intertwined with events going from the 9-11 to "Occupy Wall Street". They make choices based on what they know. But it is what they don't know that forge their fate.

Having read some of Ms Lyons' other books, I have always enjoyed her stories about ordinary people. She can bring the everyday life details onto the page vividly and intimately. I always feel that I am right there and I know everybody. I find the same thing in this story. They are the Johns and the Mary's we all know in our life. Ms Lyons makes me care deeply about them.

But in BEGUILED, Ms Lyons shows us that she has talent in telling a different kind of stories as well: stories of extraordinary people with extraordinary lives. Claudia Lei is a woman whom we probably have not met. Her adventure is something we probably have never experienced. In this novel, Ms Lyons takes us on her heart-pounding journey escaping the grip of a powerful international terrorist organization.

BEGUILED is real page-turner with complex and believable characters and a profound statement about globalization, terrorism, and the American way of life. I highly recommend it. It is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frighteningly close to home!, December 5, 2011
This review is from: Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy (Kindle Edition)
Joanne Lyons has written a story that depicts the 'what ifs' and 'what fors' of a ficticious organization and actual events that make this story too close to reality to ignore. Her use of actual events to support the fictional occurences and characters leaves the reader on the edge of their seats in anticipation. This is a book well worth reading. It is entertaining, but leaves the reader wondering how much is actually truth and how much is merely fiction? The reader is spellbound from the beginning until the unexpected end. I recommend this book for anyone interested in an absorbing story that will keep them wondering whether today's fiction is indeed actually tomorrow's history.

Melva Henderson, author of:
Maggie: The Early Years
Red Sky: The Sequel to Maggie (Volume 2)
Return Of The Trogon: Sequel to Red Sky (Volume 3)
The Attic
Libby's Ashes
In The Path Of The Dragon
Mischief Reigns
Maizie And The Sorcerer's Spell
Something Shiny For Timmy

5.0 out of 5 stars So Creative, It Seems Real!, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy (Kindle Edition)
9/11 changed the world forever. In Ms. Lyons' fictional novel, Beguiled, you'll read of a different perspective and see how members of the Guile had more in mind than just 9/11. You'll be perched on the edge of your seat, wanting to know how the lives of the characters all tie together and even wonder if some of the events could be possible in our homeland. Once you start reading, it all seems too feasible! This story draws a frightening fine line between fact and fiction.

As I dived into this book, it never lost momentum. I was interested in reading how the fate of each character would develop, especially the one for Claudia. I couldn't help but root for her but... I won't disclose that part here. You'll have to read it to find out!

Intelligently written and artistically delivered, this is a book that will keep you turning the pages well into the night!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very exciting and cleverly written, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy (Kindle Edition)
Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy tells the story of a world-wide conspiracy involving an international terrorist organization in which fiction is hard to tell from fact.
The author cleverly weaves actual historical facts into the fictional intrigue. Conspiracy theorists and readers of thrillers will love this book. It is highly entertaining and fast paced. The plot is multi-layered and the characters are very well developed. Beguiled is yet another wonderful book by Joanne Lyons. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Story That Makes Me Wonder, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy (Kindle Edition)
I very much enjoyed reading Beguiled. There are lots of characters from diverse backgrounds. The author's writing style makes me feel like they are real rather than made-up.

I love the way these different characters from really different backgrounds and lives crossed their paths near the end of the story. That's plotted very naturally, rather than feeling like it's being forced as you would find in some fiction.

The story is interspersed with many exciting scenes which compelled me to eagerly read on to find out what would happen to Claudia, and whether John would survive the shooting at Virginia-Tech.

And I can't help but wonder if all this 9/11 stuff was actually planned, as I've heard the conspiracy stories many times.

Cleverly written story. Love it!

Beguiled: The Tribulation Conspiracy