‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 23, 2008
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
I didn't think South of Nowhere was intended to be released on DVD and then this. Yay! Brave show with guts and taste. Truly ground breaking.

As for these DVDs, the initial disclaimer of "This disc is expected to play back in DVD Video 'play only' devices, and may not play in other DVD devices, including recorders and PC drives." had me wondering what in god's name were they offering. But the DVDs I received were shrink wrapped and professionally produced. The quality of the images is outstanding! No pixilation from broadcast. Not dark like the iTunes downloads often are. And it may not be the case for all players, the discs play in both my DVD recorder and my Mac.

The show has come to an end - the final episodes begin airing sometime in October. But now there are these DVDs and I couldn't be more thrilled!

4.0 out of 5 stars It really could have been better..., November 14, 2008
M. Bowman (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
South of Nowhere- Season 1 (3 Disc Set)
As musch as I enjoyed the series, South of Nowhere , when I recieved the dvd set, I found it dissapointing. Outside of just the episodes, there was nothing else offered for either the webcasts or other media offered off of the -N network.
The stories are excellent and well written and the charaters you coluldn;t do better. I just wish that there was something else about the series. Mayber for season 3

5.0 out of 5 stars south of nowhere, October 24, 2008
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
When I first saw this was on sale I was all gitty yes it's on sale
finally, and then I read the disclamer that it plays only on dvd-r
player, I was not sure if I would buy it but I did and it did not
play on my dvd recorder but it did on an old dvd i had put away
and I'm gald I didn't get rid of it. LONG LIVE SOUTH OF NOWHERE
and I will buy season 1 and season 3 when it comes out

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic teen show, December 2, 2008
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
This is a fantastic teen show that follows many issue such as sexuality,race,drugs,homophobia.Although it main storyline is about being gay and comeing out to family,friends i think this show will help and open the minds of young teenagers aswell as older generation.I would defantley recommend this to anyone who is going through the comeing out stage in there life as well as someone who live his or her life in the closet.This is a all rounder show it a shame the u.k dont air this.A great masterpiece and the two main characters Spencer carlin (Gabrielle Christian)and Ashley davies (Mandy Musgrave) play these roles very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars S.O.N.!, October 28, 2008
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
I was so excited to see that South of Nowhere (one of my favorite and most beloved shows) was out on DVD. I wasn't expecting much, but everything's on them. Good quality, not missing anything, and a pretty inexpensive buy. Definitely go for it, it's worth it! Especially if you want to support S.O.N.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, April 14, 2014
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
i love this show and wish it was still running. overall the set arrived in excellent condition (new), as described just wish the price was a little cheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Coming of Age series!, April 5, 2014
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
South of Nowhere has only one downfall...it only lasted 3 seasons. This classic series set the bar for lesbian representation on a television series. Its impact was profound, especially for the young demographic that it reached. Superb acting and relatable and well developed characters. This series is a guilty pleasure that never seems dated or becomes tiresome.

5.0 out of 5 stars great dvds to own, March 19, 2014
This review is from: South of Nowhere: Season 2 (DVD)
Though not as great as other television show dvd's they're a very nice addiction to any fans collection. The show its self was majorly underrated and I'm just glad that there's a way to get the series. So even if it's not the most flashy thing, it works well and is the best quality possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love they love for each other, March 19, 2014
I just love south of no where like I love the movie called set it off. They had wonderful connection in that show

5.0 out of 5 stars SON Ssason 2, March 16, 2014
This is such a FUN show! I've been hooked since I started watching it. I'll be sad when I hit the end of season 3!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›