Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Behold a Pale Horse
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 24, 2002
Behold a Pale Horse is definitely not a book to curl up on the couch with on a Sunday afternoon. The topics William Cooper discusses will very likely keep you reading late into the night. There are two types of people in the world: those who want to know who exactly is controlling whom, and those who are more comfortable taking things at face value. I will say up front that I didn't believe everything I read in this book, such as some of the references about UFOs. What really disturbed me was the theory of the true intent of the government. Cooper's account of what the government is capable of in times of heightened alert is extremely relevant now. It is important to keep in mind that this book was published before the attack on the World Trade Center because the US is finding itself in exactly the position Cooper predicted. Whether or not you think you might agree with the information in this book, I recommend any book written by someone who was killed for the purpose of silencing him or her. Be an informed citizen and know what your government is capable of.
2424 comments|1,279 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2003
Let me start this review with the truth about Bill's death. Milton William Cooper (58) was shot and killed by deputies of the Apache County (Arizona) Sheriff's Office while they were attempting to serve an arrest warrant for aggravated assault and endangerment on Nov. 5, 2001. I won't go into any further details, since the reader can find more information on the web - and some of it is even RIGHT!!!
His death on "unrelated" charges is most interesting to me. Were those charges just a way to shut him up and discredit him at the same time? Did the sheriff's office go to his home that evening with the intent of getting their man dead and not alive? While I don't have any proof about this, it does stir my imagination.
There are two things to keep in mind while reading this that will help you absorb the information inside his book.
1) This book was published in 1991. You'll understand the significance of that date as he accurately predicts events that have come to pass!
2) Disregard all of the instances where he talks about "alien" U.F.O.'s, moon bases, and other extraterrestrial issues. He later said that all such documents he saw while in Naval Intelligence on those issues were false information to mislead the reader.
Let's start the review!
INTRODUCTION
FOREWORD
1) SILENT WEAPONS FOR QUIET WARS
A reprint of a document found in a IBM copier bought at a surplus sale. In short this document is a blue print for controlling a population. Some have claimed that it's a fake. If it's a fake then someone went to great lengths to draft such a insightful document - but why?
2) SECRET SOCIETIES AND THE NEW WORLD ORDER
A good introduction to secret societies like the Freemasons, Jason Group, Trilateral Commission, CFR, and the Illuminati. On page 72 he accurately predicted that the Galileo spacecraft was going to crash into Jupiter in an attempt to ignite its atmosphere! (Anyone out there remember 2010 and what happened to Jupiter in that movie?)
3) OATH OF INITIATION OF AN UNIDENTIFIED SECRET ORDER
You'll have to decide for yourself if you want to believe this oath.
4) SECRET TREATY OF VERONA
A sample of how Monarchs use treaties to regain their crowns.
5) GOOD-BY USA, HELLO NEW WORLD ORDER
Plans for the suspension of the Constitution and the role of Mt. Weather in bringing it about.
6) H.R. 7049 & FEMA
After reading this chapter you won't doubt the real purpose of FEMA.
7) ANTI-DRUG ABUSE ACT OF 1988
An excellent example of how congress (which is the opposite of progress!) passes legislation which on the surface seems to be reasonable, but under the surface it's really an attempt to suspend due proses, trail by jury, and bring about a police state!
8) ARE THE SHEEP READY TO SHEER?
It covers an Oklahoma law that requires residents of that state to declare to the tax collector every piece of property that they own! A good way for the government to know what you own - especially guns!
9) ANATOMY OF AN ALLIANCE
A discussion about population control and various attempts to decrease the world's population. On page 168 he reveals the origins of AIDS (H.B. 15090) and how it was spread by vaccine. How international wars are created for population control.
10) LESSONS FROM LITHUANIA
A short (two page) but excellent article by Neal Knox on gun control.
11) COUP DE GRACE
A transcript of a conversation between Bill and Randall Terpstra, who was a radioman and crypto operator in the U.S. Navy. They discuss how Nixon was forced to resign by the U.S. military, U.F.O.'s, "Operation Majority," and so on.
12) THE SECRET GOVERNMENT
He discusses a lot about aliens and U.F.O.'s in this chapter. On page 215 he reveals the truth about the assassination of J.F.K. How Prozac is used along with hypnosis and mind control techniques to motivate people to commit mass shootings in order to disarm the public.
13) TREASON IN HIGH PLACES
An article on how treaties can be used to erode the sovereignty of the U.S.A.
14) A PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL MODEL FOR THE NEWSTATES OF AMERICA
A reprint of a proposed socialist constitution by the Center for Democratic Studies. It's hard to believe that $25,000,000 was spent on this trash.
15) PROTOCOLS OF THE WISE MEN OF ZION
Is this document really the protocols of the Illuminati? Read it and decide for yourself.
16) THE STORY OF JONATHAN MAY
A 26 page story about what happens when someone challenged the Fed money system.
17) DOCUMENTATION: U.S. ARMY INTELLIGENCE CONNECTION WITH SATANIC CHURCH
The title is self-explanatory.
APPENDIXES
A) WILLIAM COOPER'S MILITARY RECORD
B) UFOs AND AREA 51
C) ALIEN IMPLANTS
D) AIDS
E) NEW WORLD ORDER
F) U.S. GOVERNMENT DRUG INVOLVEMENT
G) KURZWEIL vs. HOPKINS
1414 comments|995 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2005
First of all, I will date myself. I have been around the UFO/Conspiracy genre for over 30 years. I have close friends who knew "Wild" Bill. He was, in fact, a Viet Nam era intelligence officer. In fact, I have it on good source that he was what was known as a "uniform changer", meaning he could show up as a navy commander and later as an air force major. These folks had special priviledge and this should not be taken lightly.

I remember when his book came out and many felt that it took some guts to say the things that he did. The UFO issue aside, he had some good information on the other subjects in this book. The UFO information was pretty much the "vanilla version" of what was generally known in those days (the early 90's)

It is my understand that he did have license to kill and actually threatened one of my friends. He could be loud and belligerent, which another friend witnessed once when they ran into him at a bar. In some ways, I can see how he could have been killed by police if he got way to aggressive. He was known for that.

In his talks to groups he used to refer to the public as "sheeple" and I have come to agree with him. He was right on the money about what subsequently occurred in the late 90's and after the millenia. More than anything, the one thing that Bill Cooper hit right on was the prime agenda of those in power- population control by any means.

As a testamony to his guts, I highly recommend this book. But, I strongly suggest that you don't stop there. Research, research, research. In doing so you will get down in the dumps, but you will find things that will change the way that you view the world.
22 comments|574 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2007
If you are disgusted with reading (Left/Right) Gatekeeper propaganda then William Cooper is for you. Cooper accomplishes what most news analyst such as Chris Mathews, and Anne Coulter won't do, and that's naming names. In his book he elaborates on whose orchestrating the "New World Order."
We as Americans need to educate ourselves about this detrimental topic and Cooper gives us a great foundation to start our research.
And be prepared because you'll quickly discover that "History is the lie that they teach you in school." (Vernon Reid Living Colour)

And if you are distraught over the government's prevarications then get ready to swallow the red pill because what most Americans don't ascertain is that law H.R.4079 and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are designed to marshal in the police state. Which if you haven't already guessed, means Martial Law.
Under H.R.4079 the Federal Government has the right to suspend the U.S. Constitution.
Moreover, Cooper brings to light that many of our elected officials are members of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), the Trilateral Commission (TC), the Bilderberg Group (BG), and many other secret societies hell bent on global hegemony.
Cooper straightforwardly articulates that we are losing our country, our autonomy, and our lives.

This book also dissects the Illuminati subject in a coherent fashion. Cooper discusses how these secret societies BG, TC, CFR, and the Jason Society are really different denominations of the Illuminati.
So, if you don't become an expert on the "New World Order and how it works" after reading this then you have no business complaining about the isentropic issues that concern us today.
The Illuminati exist, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Our lives are depending on our perception of reality. What we think is real is really the fantasy the global elite conjured up, which equals Problem, Reaction, Solution!
We are being spoon-fed prevarication that Congress actually writes the laws in this country, but the reality is secret societies set the agenda behind closed doors. Plus, Congress no longer has the power to declare war! Surprised!!! You should be! At 3:30am Saturday, August 4,1990, the Senate passed the Senate Intelligence Authorization Act (S.B.2834). This bill transferred most governmental authority over to the President, which means, "The President was given the power to initiate war, appropriate public funds, define foreign policy goals, and decide what is important to our national security." So, in a nutshell, the President can declare war with any nation at anytime (with or without just cause)! And enact domestic policy as he or she deems fit.
Just take a glimpse at the Iraq situation? George W. Bush started the full scale Iraqi invasion in September 2002, which was one month before Congress voted on the measure and six month before the official invasion on March 20, 2003 (Operation Shock and Awe). So the President declared War without Congressional consent and they (Congress, the Supreme Court and the media) knew it was legal for him to do so, and they feigned otherwise, misleading the American people.

"Behold a Pale Horse" is a 500-page diatribe of information that no one should be without. Whether you agree or disagree with the info in this book isn't the point. The crux is do we have the right to be circumspect, or more accurately, paranoid over our civil liberties being eviscerated before our very eyes? I think we do.

The controversial subject of Area 51 and extraterrestrials is also discussed in this five star book of info. We have to ponder on the fact that our government hides information from us everyday. I personally don't believe in little bug-eyed gray men from planet Neutron 5, but what I do believe is that our government is running clandestine experiments in Area 51 that they don't want discovered. And we as a free society should have the right to inquire as to why they (the government) would deem this irrational behavior acceptable?

Also, Cooper discusses the Freemasons' role in the "New World Order." So for all you Freemason conspiracy buffs this is essential reading.
Oh and one more thing, for all the Freemason researchers out there who want to find out how Hiram Abif died, here's how, "Hiram Abif represents intelligence, liberty and truth, and was struck down by a blow to the neck with a rule, representing the suppression of speech by the church; then he was struck in the heart with the square, representing the suppression of belief by the State; and finally he was struck on the head by a maul, representing the suppression of intellect by the masses." I fail to construe why the Masons think keeping the secret of Hiram's death is so important. There ideology seems rather gauche in the end.

Anyway, I strongly recommend this book to anyone who is an Alex Jones listener, or is familiar with Anthony J. Hilder, Jordan Maxwell, Jim Marrs, or anyone who wants to truly understand how the world's smoke and mirrors methodology really works.

After reading this book I perfectly understand why Milton William Cooper was killed 2 months after 9/11.
Cooper is a hero that should be honored and respected!
33 comments|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 1999
After reading this book, I almost feel certain that this man ( William Bill Cooper )really did stumbled on some very important documents from the military. The proof is right in front of my eyes as I read his service record pages from the Navy on how he was absent from CINPACFLT base after learning the real truth about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. But my overall interest is chapter 12, about the secret government ( FEMA )and the real purpose of MJ-12. To tell you the truth, when that television series " Dark Skies " made its debut in 1996, some of the material and information from that show was basically explained in Cooper's book. As they say the truth is out there. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm still looking for more books on UFO's and the possibility of exterrestrail encounters. I must keep in mind that I cannot allow these publishers or editors take me on a joy ride of disinformation. However, "Behold a Pale Horse" is very interesting and enlightning for those who believe that a conspiracy really exist in our country. Thank you for reading my review.
22 comments|244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2005
I was challenged by a friend in the very early 90's to read Mr. Cooper's "Behold A Pale Horse." What I read changed the way I approach life.

The reader's agreement with all the conclusions, facts, figures, stories, or anecdotes found in the book is immaterial. What matters is, and Mr. Cooper states this time and time again, that the reader is encouraged to do their own research! The author's claims are not bolstered or destroyed by belief, or the lack of it. Rather, Mr. Cooper wants you to remain skeptical and verify, validate or refute the facts yourself.

I can say that through my research, as far as the socio-economic-political landscape is concerned, Mr. Cooper was/is right on target. As for the UFO/Alien conspiracy, he recanted his statements in his book and sincerely apologized for providing what he found out to be dis-information.

It is well worth the read; however, do not rest on the copies of Executive Orders, laws and court cases found in the book; do your own research, come to your own conclusions and you will honor the person that wrote this book more than mere words are able to do.
on March 14, 2000
The New World Order, UFO's, JFK's assasination, why our military have become Global police and who the manipulators are is all in there. I read it in one sitting - dawn to dusk - and was deeply troubled. Our own government selling the U.S. to foreign powers, technology to China, panama canal to China, favored nation status for China in WTO, negative trade balance of $5 Billion/month to China all makes sense. I must wonder how much of the latest skyrocketing gasoline price increase was orchestrated by our own Government. This is a book that will open your eyes to what is really going on.
on October 17, 2005
[...] Everyone should read this book. His website is [...]You can learn more there. the stuff in this book is terrifying!

i wonder why amazon censored and edited my longer reviews. hmmm
on July 8, 2005
Whatever criticisms can be levelled against this book, I believe it to be Bill's honest attempt to reveal the Truth as he knew it, at that time.

For those who are new to Conspiracy Theory, this is a mine of information, and for those who are more knowledgable, it still stands as a classic of the genre, and a very courageous book.

Bill's 'convenient' death in a questionable shootout came as no surprise to most Conspiracy buffs, as the guy threw down the gauntlet in a big way. He was fearless.

One fascinating addition to his Kennedy assassination info came in his video, Kennedy: The Sacrificed King, in which he examines the Zapruder film of Kennedy being hit, and by virtual frame advancing, the clip appears to show JFK's driver, William Greer, shooting JFK over his shoulder, delivering the second and probably ultimately fatal shot.

As for some of his Alien info, I know military intelligence hierarchies, and Bill was only operating at a relatively low level in his Naval Intel role (whatever his supposed Clearance), so he never had access to the big picture, and he himself was vulnerable to Disinformation, as he suspected himself. What he conveys is a mixture of Truth and DI.

On a technical note, the book is not a polished, edited finished product, and many of his strategies such as continuous capitalization for emphasis make it hard to read at times, but the content itself makes it well worth the effort to press on.

Like so many of his brothers and sisters, the guy served his Country with honor in Vietnam. There is much to respect about the man.
on May 28, 2006
Pay no attention to reviews about this book. Read and dicide for yourself what is going on in these 500 pages of mind boggling information. You can't really take the book as proven fact, though, as Cooper has mentioned this in a disclaimer in the front of the book, himself.

"Behold A Pale Horse" is really just a collection of information that Cooper had been distributing for many years. He faxed news letters, held public lectures and debates, and dedicated his life and perhaps even his death to revealing the truth about the people that rule our nation, and possibly our world.

If he's not "one of them", as he states several times in the book, then William Cooper is a true hero.. or puppet, I'm really not sure. The thing that I liked about the book, though, was that he simply proposes several "conclusions" through-out the book, based on whatever information he'd found.

He attempted to verify everything that he came across, and I think that Cooper honestly felt like he had a real chance at hendering whatever might be coming. However, what affects might this book have had on the world? If you're on a search for truth, this book is the origin of a lot of the information that people will hand you. I couldn't even begin to think about all of the ways that this book, alone, might have inspired people. Heh, or the number of watch lists I could have put myself on for posting this review.