5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pail with locking lid, lots of uses
Published on March 2, 2010 by Merideth Cedars

1.0 out of 5 stars 10-gallon can not a Behrens
I ordered 2 locking-lid cans,one 6-gallon and one 10-gallon, both supposedly made by Behrens. The 6-gallon one is perfect and displays the Behrens label. Very good quality. It deserves a 5-star rating. The 10-gallon one does not show the Behrens label and is terrible. The lid does not lock at all and overall is poorly manufactured. I returned it. Be sure you get a Behrens.
Published on October 26, 2011 by michele

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pail with locking lid, lots of uses, March 2, 2010
This review is from: Behrens 6106 6-Gallon Locking Lid Can (Lawn & Patio)
This is a nice, well made metal can. Contrary to what another review implied, the lid locks nice and tight. Actually, the lid locks well onto the can without any need to put the handle in the upright position. Definitely locks well enough to withstand the strongest outside winds without being blown off. In fact, I was sortof mad at first because the lid was so difficult to remove and hurt my hands to do so. Then I found just the right way to pull on the lid with both hands and it comes off without trouble.

I live in the city and just got a dog. I leave this garbage can on my front porch for depositing the bags of dog waste after I walk her. I just put a couple scrap brick pavers in the bottom for weight so the wind doesn't blow it over. Again, I never bother to put the handle in the upright position because the lid locks so well. This can is really perfect for my use and is just what i was looking for. I am sure there are a million other unique uses this can would be perfect for as well. While it seems like a pretty simple item, it's the type of thing you could go driving from store to store looking for and not find anything quite like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild bird seed, October 7, 2009
E. Gray (canyon country ca.) - See all my reviews
I feed several wild birds. Needed something to hold the seed that the various wild animals couldn't chew through. This is perfect. Service was great, item was perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars 10-gallon can not a Behrens, October 26, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars I was sent a "Made in Mexico" Can, NOT Behrens!, November 10, 2011
Goody (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm quite disappointed in Amazon for this switch- I thought I was purchasing an item made in the USA. Instead,I got a no-name brand, made in Mexico. It's not a Behrens. That being said, I needed a can with a lid for a diaper pail, and the "fake" can is still the best option I've seen yet- it's just made in Mexico, not in the USA, and not by Behrens. While the can suits my purposes, the lid isn't as tight as I was expecting, based on the reviews of the real Behrens cans. Insects would be able to get in without my diaper liner filling the gaps. I'm very unhappy that Amazon advertised one item, and then shipped a different item with a different level of quality- if you look through the rest of the reviews, this isn't the first time they've done this for this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Behrens!, November 16, 2011
I *thought* I ordered what is pictured... a 10 gal Behrens can. Instead I received a poor quality can with another brands logo, although the packing slip stated a Behrens was ordered.

It is going to be returned. Which is a big hassle because I do not have a local UPS store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds 35lbs of dog food pretty darn well, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Behrens 6106 6-Gallon Locking Lid Can (Lawn & Patio)
I bought the 6-Gallon Locking Lid Can almost a year ago and it is still in use for its original purpose. I have two dogs that go through a 35lb bag of food in a month and keeping the bag in open air is not an option. After doing some research, I found that steel containers are the safest way to store dog food without risk of contamination and I found this awesome little bucket. I put a tall kitchen trash bag in it then pour the dog food in and it fills up almost to the top and closes up tightly. I've never had to use the handle to secure the lid because it stays put and takes decent effort to open. I don't know about other reviews but the huge stickers the can came with were easy to remove and created no sticky mess. Overall an awesome product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect., April 28, 2011
This review is from: Behrens 6106 6-Gallon Locking Lid Can (Lawn & Patio)
Good for hot ashes and then set outside away from house. Lid is extremely tight fitting which is a plus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't come with the lid, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Behrens 6106 6-Gallon Locking Lid Can (Lawn & Patio)
Received this item, a "Locking Lid Can", without the lid, even though the item picture shows a lid, and if it says anywhere the lid isn't included, I couldn't find it. I tried contacting the company and they said it's not their problem, and to return it if I'm not satisfied.

Update* Found this exact item at Lowe's, with the lid, and it was cheaper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, March 23, 2009
This review is from: Behrens 6106 6-Gallon Locking Lid Can (Lawn & Patio)
Can't find anything like this locally. Decent price and it does a good job of holding my wood stove ashes. My only complaint is that the lid does not necessarily "lock" into place. The handle does clip in over the lid, but not sure if it is air tight. I think it is more than safe as long as you don't fill it to the very top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dog feces, September 14, 2011
We bought this product for picking up dog feces in the back yard. It works perfectly. The lid stays on tight to keep flys and other insects out. It fits a regular kitchen bag. It's light weight and has a handle to move around the lawn. It's a perfect size. It's Perfect!!

Behrens 6106 6-Gallon Locking Lid Can
$24.99 $17.03
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies