Top positive review
108 people found this helpful
Best Quality for Price
on May 17, 2012
First, it should be clear that when you buy a $20 pair of headphones, you will get a $20 pair of headphones. Don't expect these to rival your dad's $200 Bose or Sony headphones.
With those things said, in terms of audio quality these headphones are MILES ahead of ear buds and much better than other headsets in their price range. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade to listen to your Drum n Bass with a little more power or your classical guitar with a little more clarity, this is exactly what you are looking for.
In response to some of the complaints other reviewers have lodged:
* Lows have no punch: I haven't experienced this. I listen to a lot of bass heavy music, and I love the way these headphones sound.
* Noise isolation/cancellation: These headphones were not advertised as noise cancelling or even isolating. That's one of the reasons they're so cheap. If you need these features, make sure you buy one advertised that way.
* Not comfortable: They fit my head just fine. The length is adjustable, and they're snug enough on my head that I don't worry about them falling off. I wear these for long times while gaming or walking around campus. Either I or these reviewers have weird head shapes.
* Wrong Jack: This person is stupid. The 1/4" twists off to a 1/8". Read the product description.
* Broken: I haven't experienced any breakage since I bought these two years ago. Everything still works fine. I'll update if this changes.