5.0 out of 5 stars HIGH QUALITY/GREAT VALUE
Published on September 27, 2006 by Ronald

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!
Published on May 16, 2010 by M. Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGH QUALITY/GREAT VALUE, September 27, 2006
Ronald (Greenville, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
The Behringer HPX2000 is a quality product and is a steal at the offered price. It is a well constructed, comfortable, and high performance sound reproduction instrument with excellent frequency range. I bought this product based on my knowledge of the Behringer microphone line but with some reservation of its earphone line given the low prices. However, after receiving the HPX2000 headset, I've used it on everything from portable CD players, my home entertainment center, my polyphonic synthesizer,and single side band radio transmission equipment and I've found the sound reproduction to be as good or better than prior Sony studio headphones that I've owned in the past. Given the durable construction, these headphones should last for years. And, I find the one-quarter inch plug and 2 meter cord length to definite pluses both in terms of the larger diameter, sturdier cable used and not finding myself running over and damaging the cable with the wheels of my chair. Don't hesitate to buy this product. You won't do better at multiples of this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Quality for Price, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Behringer HPX2000 Headphones High-Definition DJ Headphones (Electronics)
First, it should be clear that when you buy a $20 pair of headphones, you will get a $20 pair of headphones. Don't expect these to rival your dad's $200 Bose or Sony headphones.

With those things said, in terms of audio quality these headphones are MILES ahead of ear buds and much better than other headsets in their price range. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade to listen to your Drum n Bass with a little more power or your classical guitar with a little more clarity, this is exactly what you are looking for.

In response to some of the complaints other reviewers have lodged:
* Lows have no punch: I haven't experienced this. I listen to a lot of bass heavy music, and I love the way these headphones sound.
* Noise isolation/cancellation: These headphones were not advertised as noise cancelling or even isolating. That's one of the reasons they're so cheap. If you need these features, make sure you buy one advertised that way.
* Not comfortable: They fit my head just fine. The length is adjustable, and they're snug enough on my head that I don't worry about them falling off. I wear these for long times while gaming or walking around campus. Either I or these reviewers have weird head shapes.
* Wrong Jack: This person is stupid. The 1/4" twists off to a 1/8". Read the product description.
* Broken: I haven't experienced any breakage since I bought these two years ago. Everything still works fine. I'll update if this changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, good sound quality, May 10, 2009
These are great. I am buying a second pair to keep at work. The sound is great, especially for the price. They also have a pretty long cord, which is great for me, as the standard 3m cords are too short in my opinion.

I also use these for DJ use, although I only DJ at my house, so take that for what it's worth. I had a pair of $200 Sony DJ headphones, and they were slightly better than these. Except that they broke. Twice. They were replaced by warranty the first time, but not the second. For a little over a tenth of the price, I got headphones that I like about 90% as much. That's a good deal in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awesome Headset- Behringer HPX2000, December 24, 2008
I didn't know much about this company before my order but I'm glad I took the gamble. These are crystal clear and very comfortable. I wear them 6-7 hours a day while at work. Please note these are not closed ears so noises around you will be heard. This could be a plus or minus depending on your needs. I can't brag on these enough. Sony, JVC, etc. do not compare and neither do Bose. They are great if you work in an office by yourself and want to hear the phone or computer sounds. Highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, May 16, 2010
I originally purchased this product based on the price and the higher rated reviews. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned. I received them very quickly, but when I was able to see them up close I immediately regretted my purchase. The materials appear to be of the lowest quality. The headband is uncomfortable after just a few minutes. The ear pads while appearing to be thick and comfortable, are hard and allow the phones to rest directly on the ear. The pads have no cushioning or noise canceling properties at all. The sound is flat. The highs are tinny and the lows have no punch. It's like listening to music underwater. To top everything off, the left channel stopped working shortly after plugging the headphones in. I am attempting to return them but the seller won't accept returns on opened merchandise. Please don't make the same mistake I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive bang for the buck!, April 13, 2009
I own and have owned some great sounding phones(IMHO). (BeyerDynamic DT 880's(current favs), Sennheiser 201's-202's & HD 570's,Sony's(low budget) and some Yamaha's) I was impressed by the Behringers. Crisp and vibrant highs with very decent low end soundstage for open air phones. I broke them in for a day and I was pleased even more. I have red reviews on audiophile forums that won't even smell them and I just can't see it. I mean they are $20! You aren't going to get leather and magnesium frames for that price range..lol Comparatively Sennheiser 201's run at a similar price range and they are excellent for the price. I like the low end on the Behringer's a little more. Behringer doesn't have the history that Sennheiser does but the performance is there. You also get a few extra features like a single side cord, 1/8 inch plug with a 1/4 inch screw on adapter(L shaped plug). TheBehringer's are also a bit more comfortable than the 201's and 202's with DJ functionality and adjustable headband.
A solid buy I think...I also purchased a pair of these for my wife who does music composition and vocal work. She thinks they are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice acoustics but unsteady plug., November 3, 2010
Pros: The headphones are a little heavy and big but they look cool enough to be used as a handy ear-muffler during winter since the ear cushions are THICK and beautifully soft and warm. The wiring is thickly padded to protect it from careless drops onto the floor. And the sound acoustics are pretty good.

Cons: The biggest disadvantage of this headphones is that the jack plug moves a lot and tends to disrupt your ipod if you even walk one step. So every few seconds your ipod pauses as the jack plug shifts even a little since the ipod thinks that the headphones got cut off. So, you can't actually use it outside. Another disadvantage is that when you do listen to the music, everyone around you also hears the music you're listening to since the sounds slip through.

All in all, it's not a bad piece of equipment for light use especially since the price is pretty cheap compared to other headphones that skyrocket to thousands of dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa Behringer!, March 13, 2007
I'm not going to get all technical but these are some loud headphones!!!

For the price, these are a steal!!

Not only are they loud, they have wonderful sound quality and just the right amount of bass (and i'm really big into bass)

Overall, amazing headphones! I definetly recommend them!

Also, the look expensive;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 5, 2009
Hugh Hanna "Doubleh" (Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these headphones last year to complement my home studio. Just yesterday got around to listening to them and comparing them to my previous set and all I can say is AWESOME! I spent most of Saturday listening to my "new" mp3 collection. Oh the collection is comprised of the same old songs but thanks to the HPX2000, I'm hearing them unlike I've ever heard them before! I'm not kidding. The high and mid frequencies are crystal clear and dynamic range is impressive. The low frequencies, though while not overly 'thumpy', is very true to life. All of these qualities combine to make the HPX2000 a valuable asset in the audio production process.

2.0 out of 5 stars A deal, but poor build quality, March 28, 2010
I bought these as a cost-effective way to start my dj setup, They worked wonderfully for a few weeks, but now the headphone jack is messed up. When plugged in the whole way, sound quality is terrible, and there is absolutely no bass response. They still work, but only if I jimmy the plug out about a quarter of the way, not the best when you're trying to rock the house.

For $30 they sound better than I expected, but I wouldn't buy them again.

Rate and Discover Movies