Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 17, 2012
First, it should be clear that when you buy a $20 pair of headphones, you will get a $20 pair of headphones. Don't expect these to rival your dad's $200 Bose or Sony headphones.

With those things said, in terms of audio quality these headphones are MILES ahead of ear buds and much better than other headsets in their price range. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade to listen to your Drum n Bass with a little more power or your classical guitar with a little more clarity, this is exactly what you are looking for.

In response to some of the complaints other reviewers have lodged:
* Lows have no punch: I haven't experienced this. I listen to a lot of bass heavy music, and I love the way these headphones sound.
* Noise isolation/cancellation: These headphones were not advertised as noise cancelling or even isolating. That's one of the reasons they're so cheap. If you need these features, make sure you buy one advertised that way.
* Not comfortable: They fit my head just fine. The length is adjustable, and they're snug enough on my head that I don't worry about them falling off. I wear these for long times while gaming or walking around campus. Either I or these reviewers have weird head shapes.
* Wrong Jack: This person is stupid. The 1/4" twists off to a 1/8". Read the product description.
* Broken: I haven't experienced any breakage since I bought these two years ago. Everything still works fine. I'll update if this changes.
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2006
The Behringer HPX2000 is a quality product and is a steal at the offered price. It is a well constructed, comfortable, and high performance sound reproduction instrument with excellent frequency range. I bought this product based on my knowledge of the Behringer microphone line but with some reservation of its earphone line given the low prices. However, after receiving the HPX2000 headset, I've used it on everything from portable CD players, my home entertainment center, my polyphonic synthesizer,and single side band radio transmission equipment and I've found the sound reproduction to be as good or better than prior Sony studio headphones that I've owned in the past. Given the durable construction, these headphones should last for years. And, I find the one-quarter inch plug and 2 meter cord length to definite pluses both in terms of the larger diameter, sturdier cable used and not finding myself running over and damaging the cable with the wheels of my chair. Don't hesitate to buy this product. You won't do better at multiples of this price.
77 comments| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2009
These are great. I am buying a second pair to keep at work. The sound is great, especially for the price. They also have a pretty long cord, which is great for me, as the standard 3m cords are too short in my opinion.

I also use these for DJ use, although I only DJ at my house, so take that for what it's worth. I had a pair of $200 Sony DJ headphones, and they were slightly better than these. Except that they broke. Twice. They were replaced by warranty the first time, but not the second. For a little over a tenth of the price, I got headphones that I like about 90% as much. That's a good deal in my book.
on April 13, 2009
I own and have owned some great sounding phones(IMHO). (BeyerDynamic DT 880's(current favs), Sennheiser 201's-202's & HD 570's,Sony's(low budget) and some Yamaha's) I was impressed by the Behringers. Crisp and vibrant highs with very decent low end soundstage for open air phones. I broke them in for a day and I was pleased even more. I have red reviews on audiophile forums that won't even smell them and I just can't see it. I mean they are $20! You aren't going to get leather and magnesium frames for that price range..lol Comparatively Sennheiser 201's run at a similar price range and they are excellent for the price. I like the low end on the Behringer's a little more. Behringer doesn't have the history that Sennheiser does but the performance is there. You also get a few extra features like a single side cord, 1/8 inch plug with a 1/4 inch screw on adapter(L shaped plug). TheBehringer's are also a bit more comfortable than the 201's and 202's with DJ functionality and adjustable headband.
A solid buy I think...I also purchased a pair of these for my wife who does music composition and vocal work. She thinks they are great.
on May 16, 2010
I originally purchased this product based on the price and the higher rated reviews. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned. I received them very quickly, but when I was able to see them up close I immediately regretted my purchase. The materials appear to be of the lowest quality. The headband is uncomfortable after just a few minutes. The ear pads while appearing to be thick and comfortable, are hard and allow the phones to rest directly on the ear. The pads have no cushioning or noise canceling properties at all. The sound is flat. The highs are tinny and the lows have no punch. It's like listening to music underwater. To top everything off, the left channel stopped working shortly after plugging the headphones in. I am attempting to return them but the seller won't accept returns on opened merchandise. Please don't make the same mistake I did.
1616 comments| 211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
By no means am I an audiophile. I am just a casual listener. I do own a pair of Bose OE2 headphones which I am quite satisfied about. I think these sound very similar if not just as good as the Bose.

Sound (5/5)-

When I first got these headphones, they sounded average, like a pair of 50 dollar headphones. The bass was a little weak but the treble and the vocals were pretty clear. However, after a couple hours (5-6) of breaking in, with pink noise, they were much improved. The bass really came out and the trebles became warmer and less precussive. They started to sound like 100 dollar headphones. I always had faith in Benringer products and I'm not disappointed with the sound in this one.

Comfort (4/5)-
To start, I have a very averaged sized head with ears that a little big, not too huge, and not tiny. When I first got these, the cups seemed pretty big and looked like they were going to fit. Not quite. These cups were a tad-bit too small for my ears. But its not a big problem. The adjustable headband was quite nice and adjusted very easily. My headband goes 3 and 1/2 notches out on each side. The ear-cushions look pretty thick and they are. However, they don't cushion very much. After a few hours of listening, my ears start to hurt. Not the best in comfort.

Quality (4/5)-
These a pretty strongly built. However, many of the parts that look like metal are plastic. The grill (mesh or whatever its called) is made of metal. The adjustable headband seems pretty durable, even though its only been three days. The wire is thick and very flexible, but still durable. The cushions seem like they will last a few years. However, the hinges are either too stiff or too loose. They is no real way to adjust them.

Overall (4/5)-
Considering all the factors, I would recommend these headphones to anyone looking for a cheap pair that isn't planning on listening for more than hours on end.
on December 24, 2008
I didn't know much about this company before my order but I'm glad I took the gamble. These are crystal clear and very comfortable. I wear them 6-7 hours a day while at work. Please note these are not closed ears so noises around you will be heard. This could be a plus or minus depending on your needs. I can't brag on these enough. Sony, JVC, etc. do not compare and neither do Bose. They are great if you work in an office by yourself and want to hear the phone or computer sounds. Highly recommend.
on March 13, 2007
I'm not going to get all technical but these are some loud headphones!!!

For the price, these are a steal!!

Not only are they loud, they have wonderful sound quality and just the right amount of bass (and i'm really big into bass)

Overall, amazing headphones! I definetly recommend them!

Also, the look expensive;)
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2009
I bought these headphones last year to complement my home studio. Just yesterday got around to listening to them and comparing them to my previous set and all I can say is AWESOME! I spent most of Saturday listening to my "new" mp3 collection. Oh the collection is comprised of the same old songs but thanks to the HPX2000, I'm hearing them unlike I've ever heard them before! I'm not kidding. The high and mid frequencies are crystal clear and dynamic range is impressive. The low frequencies, though while not overly 'thumpy', is very true to life. All of these qualities combine to make the HPX2000 a valuable asset in the audio production process.
on August 22, 2013
I was so tired of buying ear buds I decided to get a decent set of headphones because I do a lot of work with Audacity software cleaning up noisy mp3's ripped from vinyl albums/45's. With these I can hear the slightest imperfections making it easier to detect and eliminate them. The only improvement I would like to see on these is a volume control which would be more convenient than doing it on screen with a mouse pointer. I realise this would probably raise the price though.
All in all I'm glad I bought these and would reccommend them to anybody.