I could write a book here on the x32 (and did already refute one single star review of the x32 that was completely off base.). This is my "main" review" - concentrating on positives and not addressing perceived negative. I am using the console live, not in the studio, so my comments will come from that direction.

The X32 is a breakthrough in price/performance...
Published 20 months ago by Sam Beckett

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Behringer Support
We purchased the X32 along with the digital snake and personal monitoring system for our ministry because we were impressed by the features and wanted a total digital system. The documentation from Behringer was lacking and had it not been for YouTube videos produced by othets, it's unlikely we would have been able to get the system up and working. One year after...
Published 2 months ago by M Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars As the owner of 2, these have made my life very simple (on the audio side), March 24, 2013
Sam Beckett (Baltimore MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)

The X32 is a breakthrough in price/performance. a bit of background and digression: I was a loyal Presonus evangelist until recently when the faders started to die one by one after less that 100 hours use in clean, smoke free environments and protected, off-use, by a custom ATA case. I purchased replacement faders (they were cheap enough, but Presonus was no help is directing me to docs for proper replacement - they p, of course, wanted more money to fix their planned obsolescence - it was out of warranty, Afterall) Two of the "new" faders were as dead/or improperly working as the ons I was replacing. This led me to the X32.

The X32 is a multi-generational leap in technology over the competition in this, or a (x3) price range. 32 balanced XLR ins (one small ding, not having a few dual XLR/1/4" channels, or a few combined Neutrik XLR/1/4" ins), 16 assignable balanced outs. I currently have my board configured with all 32 channels occupied with instruments and sources intended for in-ear monitoring only (like the click track and a talkback mic - yes, I know the X32 has a full fledged talkback section, but Id rather sacrifice a channel to have the total control over the talkback levels and tonality in my IEMs, unfortunately not everyone likes the same talkback level In their cans so I went with a pre-fader channel where I could be more attentive to their needs - another small ding, lack of full talkback control (though. like the dual switches, latched and unlatched, and two mic options, internal and external.)

Channels themselves are well appointed. BIG BIG plus - digitally controlled head amps. What's the point of having scene recall if your head amps are not included. If you are mixing multiple acts, this is a huge issue - even in transport, trims can get bumped and all of a sudden tour total recall isn't on point anymore. Huge improvement over Presonus and others. The head amp has the requisite per channel phantom power, phase reverse, and HPF. There is a small-ish meter to set you levels to achieve as close to unity input as possible - you'd be better to use the level n the screen - 7 segments is a big spartan - but it's there.

Each channel has dynamics with strong functionality. Ducking is available to be triggered from any per input source, great for making introductions/speeches over pre-recorded music. Each channel has a 4 band parametric EQ with HPF that should suffice for all but the most demanding input sources. As with dynamics, you have multiple choices for placement of EQ In the signal chain. Each channel can routed to the M/C bus, L/R bus, and to any of the 16 busses (I have mine set so that 1-8 are pre-fader IEM sends, 9-12 are standard "group" busses (rhythm section, horn section, vocals, and drums) and 13-16 are effects sends. This has worked spectacularly, as opened up a lot of doors without having to be stuck with a "10 pre fader aux for IEM, 4 traditional Busses for grounds, and 2 busses for effects" convention.

The effects are superior sounding - they aren't a 480L, Bricasti or eventide, b for the customer this board is likely to appeal to - a mid market live AC or a worship center, the built in effects are more than sufficient - Plus they are firmware updatable (more on that later.) The vintage room is use, delays are clear, specialty effects as passably good. The only complaint I have (and this passes thru to other areas of the board) is the fact you are limited to 4 traditional effect and 4 (generally) dynamic or tonal effects. If you want a graphic EQ for a channel, that takes a slot, if you want a bass enhancer for a channel, another slot (but, even though there are 16 ins and outa to this section, only 8 effects may be selected.). thankfully the graphic EQ can be adjusted independently side/side so you can process two channels at once. I don't mind the traditional effects being limited to two slots (that's two more than many units at this price range offer), however, the limitations on graphic EQs, true limiters, etc are tough to accept. Perhaps this will be addressed in a Firmware update, but I am thinking processor power is likely tapped right now.

Some other great features - I love the programmable control section - 4 endless rotaries and 8 buttons - 3 groups (so with a button press, you get access to 4x3 rotaries and 8x3 buttons). terrific. in my situation, Given there are only 16 Input faders available at once, I have assigned the 4 most need channels to the rotaries, so in effect, I have access to 20 channels instead of 16 (I have my drums in the second layer, since I rarely adjust relative balance, but sometimes I like a little more bass and snare - so I assigned those, along with my two lesser used horn mics to rotaries, and I'm all set.). Great workaround. Pretty much anything can be assigned to those buttons and rotaries - buttons are especially great for tap delay times, among tons of other uses. There are also 6 mute groups, programmed easily by holding the mute group, selecting the channels to,be included, and, well, that's it. Super simple.

Also, a quick mention to the AES50 digital snake options. These are great - one cable handles 16 inputs and 8 outs, and they're stackable. No more thick cable runs from mix position to stage. I have a pair of S16 digital snakes even though I mix from the stage. The make for such a clean stage - one S16 handles my wireless rack - receiving inputs from my 12 wireless sources and 4 channels from my audio interface (click, bass, sfz, and "everything else") and providing the outputs to drive my 8 PSM 900 wireless IEM units - the other S16 sits in my drummers rack - handles his kit, his monitoring, and a few misc. stage instruments. This is super clean and makes for a great looking stage. I uses : each group of 8 ins or outs (ins 1-8; 9-16, and outs 1-8) is selected in a group of eight, not Individually. This may sound like not a big deal, but takes away a lot of versatilitiy. This same "8 by" choice issue is implemented in all channel group assignments - if you want to monitor just channels 1, 2, and 3 from FireWire, you can't do it - ALL 8 become driven by FireWire. Not cool, and eliminates the option of allowing me to directly drive the board with my support track because I lose channels in the process.

The output section: 4 modes are available for the 8 (9 counting the master "gas" fader). DCAs, Buses 1-8, Buses 9-16, and Matrix outs. DCAs are cool, just like track groups in a DAW. They don't actually process audio, they just act as a way to control the relative level of multiple sources. Buses 1-8 (for me are monitor sends), Buses 9-16 vary - for me 9-12 are traditional group busses, allowing full processing of all sources sent. Send your drums to Bus 11, apply some compression, overall EQ, gate, etc and have your preferred drum mix ready to fade up or down in a second. While this is a typicality for busses, there is a lot of processing power here for those who want to polish a group of signals prior to reaching to main bus/main outs. Buses 13-16 represent effect returns. It isn't required that you return your effects to busses, to some it might be a waste. You could simple return them to their dedicate returns on the third page of the 16 channel input group. However, you wouldn't be ale to as clearly see what was going on. The fourth selection is the matrix out option. There are 6 matrix outs which can be handled in stereo or mono. These can accept input from virtually anywhere and output them virtually anywhere. Good example, I have my mains controlled by my master fader, assigned (by default, but easily changed) to outputs 15 and 16. I have Matrices 1 and 2 as a stereo pair (linked) being fed by the same main L/R out as the master fader but appearing at outputs 13 and 14. This allows for a set of side fills to be independently controlled with its own HPF, LPF, 4 band para EQ, and dynamic processing. I also have outputs 11 and 12 set up for videographers to take a stereo send, fed by matrices 3 and 4 (linked). Other uses - you could use the H/LPFilters to act as a basic crossover - making Matrix outs 1 and 2 stereo hi paks, Matrix outs 3 and 4 stereo mid paks, and matrix 5 and a mono sub out --- point in having a sub run in stereo... perceiving directionality of such lo frequencies signals is not possible.) also, in a house of worship, you could set up Matrices 1 and 2 to feed a secondary room during a service (and overflow room, or a children's area), Matrices 3 and 4 to drive a 2 track recorder or camera, and 5 and 6 to drive a second, time delayed set of mains positioned halfway up the sanctuary. LOTS of great options here at this price point...

A few other points, the unit can be used as a control surface in studio, HUI compatible (not sure about EuCon.). It has a built is 32 channel FW or USB (Great to have the option) audio interface for recording and playing back recordings. The board does not require a computer in order to handle external control devices (iPads, etc.). You do need a router, but do not need to boot into a computer (BIG plus for those who have been forced to always boot into their computer just to get IM remote control.)

The unit can store scenes to USB or to internal memory. Those scenes can be limited to one function (ie. just dynamics), to an entire channel, or to every function on the board (terrific if you happen to work in a situation where you have multiple X32s available to you and you want to load your setups.). Also, regarding USB, you can record a live board ape (in addition to the multi-track recording happening they the interface discussed earlier.) VEry cool, because you can select any source for L and any source for R. It is a great rehearsal tool to make a recording of someone's backup mic of the L and a mono sum main mix on the R. They can take it home, study it, fix the issues they're having, and come back next time ready to roll. Of course, you could also make simple L/R board recordings too, or anything else you can think of...

OK getting verbose, so to sum up...
Pros : - 32 REAL (not channel 23/24's stereo in's counting as separate channels - try mixing with that..). channels, 16 fully assignable busses
-Strong on board effects
-excellent control via external devices
- full multi track recording support out of the box
- AES50 digital snakes, and reasonably prices S16 stage boxes to compliment.
- option to be used as a control surface
- An very good sounding board in this price range (it isn't a 50k Avid, and doesn't have the sound of one, but it sounds very very good for the investment... better than anything sub 5k, IMHO. (remember the two mixing axioms. $ in $ out, and 90% the guy behind the board 10% the product). I don't discount the need for quality products - I have great EAW cabinets, Crown Macrotech amps, and BSS system controller, etc. The Behringer isn't acting as the weak link....
- Matrix outs for zone control.
- The scribble strips, eliminating the board tape are great (sounds trivial - try doing three or four shows in an evening... the channel names all save with the scene making changeovers a breeze, and the color coding helps too..)
- multiple 1/4" aux ins to eliminate the need to waste two channels on an Dual RCA iPod in. These appear on the same pages as the EFX/aux returns.
- A large clear screen for editing.
- USB recording and saving of full board scenes.
- the unit is firmware upgradable. I've already seen some great additional to the nit since purchase and have heard about some coming feature that should be great. Thanks to Behringer for not just throw it out there and forgetting about it - continually upgrading the platform will encourage new buyers and make existing buyer happy and willing to rack,end the unit to others. (I understand auto tune is coming in a future rev... I hate it, but it's such a ubiquitous sound that for a variety band, what a cool addition to the FOH board)
- (theoretically) trickle down tech for Midas and Klark.

CONS-
- channel driver selections in groups of 8 only
- Effect section doesn't provide enough limiters/gEQs for my needs
- 7 segment channel metering is virtually useless for anything other than seeing if a channel is clipping, compressing, or gating. These meters are not useful for setting gain structure.
- The board takes some serious time and commitment to get to know - its is nowhere near plug and play. I set the board up in my house for a month before even attempting a real show with it. That was time well spent, but I can see when MANY would get frustrated - I turned it off plenty times at 2am thinking Id come to an insurmountable hurdle, only to find the easy answer in 2 minutes the next day and Ive done live and studio sound for 20 years professionally.
- the manual is terrible
- the SMARRT analyzer theat presonus added just before I got rid of mine due to multiple fader deaths, was something I used and was helpful. Hopefully it will be added to the Behringer in some capacity soon.
- No built it router (the new Presonus 32 channel does include this - still not nearly enough to even come close to the X32 feature set), still need an external box to utilize the wireless function - plus - you'd better have at least a basic knowledge of IP if you expect to get it to work quickly. I had no problems but a few friends reported some angry nites.
- Controls do feel a little less than solid, but nothing gave me a problem. Given that I had multiple fader failures on my (babied) Presonus, I am fearful of the process to fix the motorized faders in the X32.
- That said - it's a Behringer... It took me four months to convince myself to give it a try just because of that word, and had Klark and Midas not been on it as well, I likely never would've bought it. My original Behringer DDX digital mixer died out of the blue one day (sold the carcass as is on eBay to someone with a different problem and he ended up with a working unit) I watched the quality of their original compressor product decline until it was a shadow of its former self. SO...

given that the price was so affordable - I bought 2 (total without cases, less than 5k --- 2 x32's, 2 ATA cases, 2 S16 digital snakes, two 4 space racks for S16s = 6800. unbeatable). I have my main X32 in an odyssey ATA case ready to pop In place at every gig and an X32 in a Gator ATA case in our truck ready to pop a USB stick in and roll in case this one fails. The three year warranty helps me sleep - the second board assures I won't get bitten by the Behringer curse (In all seriousness, I firmly believe they built this board as with a lot of attention to detail to rehab their iffy reputation. I hope that's the case, because if my main board fails, and Im stuck with just the backup while the main one is in the shop, I'll be very scared until I have another spare to rely on.

So, that's my take. I know I missed a lot, but that's what the manual is for :-) (which is TERRIBLE, BTW, for a unit of this complexity. use the forums (Behringer does reply with regularity to concerns.) I can't see how you'd go wrong with this unit unless it is just too much product for someone who just needs a scaled down straight ahead analog console. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Audio Quality, Features, and Performance. Unbelievable Price., October 11, 2012
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
I own and use this mixer. I installed the X32 a little over a month ago, replacing a well-regarded 32-input, 4-bus analog mixer. I'm going on-record here to say "I love this mixer!" It was immediately apparent how much better the X32 sounds than my (not so) old analog desk. The openness, transparency, and clarity of the X32 were not subtle at all. But not cold-sounding either. It sounds like a blanket has been lifted off my loudspeakers. Digital mixers have come a long way these last few years, and the X32 is one of the finest and most pleasant-sounding mixers I've ever used at any price, but the X32 cost less than $3000.00! I suspect that Midas has contributed far more than just their name to this mixer.

I picked up my X32 on Friday night after work and took it directly to my venue. In just a couple of hours I had swapped out my old mixer, set up the X32's I/O routing, set-up a basic 8-channel band mix (with channel-pairing, full dynamics, EQ, and Reverb) and was passing audio to my Mains, Monitors, and Matrix all without ever cracking the manual (there was a quick-start guide in the box, but I wanted to see how far I could get without using it... pretty far!). To be fair, I did end up having to download the full manual and spent several more hours later that evening at home, thoroughly scouring to find out how to do a handful of tasks like naming channels, creating bus groups, and mute groups, all of which just required pressing one more menu button that had eluded me earlier.

The X32 has a feature set that is as good as or better than all of the equivalent current digital desks on the market. It is a 40 X 22 I/O frame, with 16 motorized channel faders on two pages controlling the 32-input-per-scene channel count. Any input can feed any channel. I/O routing is very flexible. There are 16 assignable XLR outputs fed by a true Main LCR, 16 Subgroups, 8 Matrix outputs, and 16 Auxiliary sends. There are also 8 DCA groups (really helpful!), all controlled by 8 faders on 4 pages. There are also 6 Mute groups (super handy!). 32 direct-outs and returns are available from the on-board USB 2.0 and FireWire I/O for multi-track recording, and playback, and there is an additional USB 2.0 I/O on the top for recording a L/R board mix or playing back MP3's. Great features. The on-board ethernet allows wireless remote operation of all of the major mixer functions from a PC or Mac, and there is an iPad app that allows remote basic level adjustment of channel/aux/and output levels. I really like this feature for quickly getting the monitors balanced on the stage and checking the mix around the room.

Every input channel has a sweep-able Hi-Pass filter, a fantastic musical-sounding and very powerful 4-band fully-parametric EQ, and a great-sounding Gate/Compressor/Expander. Compared with an average FOH mix station with 8 channels of outboard Comp/Exp and maybe a dual-stereo MultiFX/Verb and four channels of 31-Band Graphic EQ, the X32 has literally 10 times this processing power on-board! No more compromising and having to choose which channels get dynamic control and what channels get discreet FX. Also, total recall means I can now store often-used channel, FX, and Routing set-ups in the X32 library for instant recall at a later date (guest artists that return often, etc.).

The on-board effects I have used so far are the excellent Reverb, and the 31-Band Graphic EQ's on the Matrix and Aux outs. The Reverb is truly reminiscent of the PCM70 I used to use. Very true-to-life sounding and easy to dial in. The EQ's are based on Klark-Technic and they sound every bit as good as my (now unused) dbx 2031's, but are actually audibly less destructive when killing feedback (especially that pesky 8K ring).

I really can go on-and-on about how this mixer has changed everything about my venue's sound quality and capability. If you are looking for a 32-Channel frame in a digital format that costs less than $16K this is the only available choice, currently. If you're shopping for an analog solution, considering the costs associated with outboard and patching, you would have a tough time purchasing even an average setup for less than the cost of the X32, and the results will be inferior. I highly recommend the Behringer X32 for anyone looking for a mid-size full-featured mixer under $10K. The performance/feature/value ratio is so far out of the park it's not fair. This mixer is a game-changer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned for 3 weeks, December 27, 2012
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
I have worked with numerous digital boards and I will say, this is very comparable to the sound of the Yamaha LS9 and M7CL. The effects are transparent and sound is smooth. Now when it comes to features, the Behringer has them beat by a long shot. The P16 monitoring system is fantastic and the 32 x 32 channels of recorded sound via firewire AND USB!!

The scribble strips that can be assigned by color and you can name them anything you want. The faders don't feel quite as good as the Yamaha's, but I wouldn't say they are bad by any means. I used to be a Behringer hater and I mean hater, but I after seeing the reviews and getting the board for under 2600 just couldn't pass this one up for my studio use, and I was very glad I didn't! Looking forward to testing it live. I can't say that everything Behringer is good or even sounds good because most of them don't, but this board seems to have been built and designed by some other team - and I am not sure how much Midas has contributed. They did a great job and I am sold on this board.

One other really nice feature was when I updated the board to the newest firmware, I just pit it on a USB memory stick, inserted into the board, powered on the board and it automatically installed. I didn't have do anything further. The software for operation on the laptop is great and is identical to what you can do on the board. I am looking forward to trying the IPAD feature as well to control the sound from different lcoations.

Great board, great features, I can't wait until they give us the ability to upload different plug-ins for effects and modeling.

4.0 out of 5 stars been using for 4 months, March 13, 2013
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
There are plenty of videos and reviews that give this board high praise. We have installed it in a church and it has been a game-changer for us. Quality control was our biggest concern, given Behringer's reputation, and I need to report that we are on our second board. All the faders are on motors, which is really neat and very useful for remote mixing and the layered functionality. All the motors are silky smooth except that one was a little slower than the rest -- didn't think much of it until it started sticking. For weeks, every time we powered up the board, you would have to loosen up the one fader to get it to go.

We had a new board shipped out to us and I did the install yesterday -- very easy. Connected it up and transferred all the settings with a USB stick. Done. Love that.

All the motors are in working order, but now that I know of the problem, I tested them all against each other and they are not nearly as uniform as the first board... some are slower than others. When channels are linked, you have to fade slowly or they fight each other. Kind of a bummer. I'm fully anticipating that before the warranty is up, we'll be swapping this board out as well, but hopefully they'll get the issue fixed by then.

That said, I am excited about this board and would definitely recommend it. So much for your money. For my acoustic guitar, I got rid of my entire rig and just go straight to the board through a DI box and let the X32 do the rest. The sound quality in our worship space is better than I ever thought it could be. We're a church, so we're not trying to impress people, but rather be as transparent as possible -- with this board, our sound is more consistent and more clear and that has had a noticeable impact on reducing distractions for people Sunday mornings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for church use, January 29, 2013
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
We bought this for our church. I was extremely hesitant to even consider a Behringer product because their products have been incredibly poor quality in the past. With the purchase of Midas and Klark Teknik, and non-stop marketing of how much they've spent on Quality Control and whatnot, I decided to give them another chance.

So far I must say that I'm extremely impressed. As long as the board hold up in the long run, I'd say I'm completely sold.

I think the thing I like most about this board is the ease of use especially in a church situation where you may have volunteers and not necessarily fully professionally trained sound techs. Granted, an analog to digital transition still takes some significant training but you can minimize the shock of it and even "automate" your sound man. Here's a few things that makes life easier specifically for this scenario.

1. The Scribble Strips are awesome. You can change the color so that all vocalists are blue and guitars are green, etc. This gives an extreme amount of visual feedback on your mix. How often do we pull out the masking tape or get those magnetic strips to try and keep track of our mixes. This is especially good in a church situation where your worship team may be different individuals from week to week.

2. The PC app is awesome. I haven't tried the iPad app yet but I was able to completely configure the board from the PC and just load the values to the board. That's great if you are a volunteer rather than paid staff and don't want to have to physically be at the church to do changes to the board. You can even set many specifics for changing vocalists or musicians if you know who is playing that week all from home and then just load it up.

3. This is more just digital in general, but being able to save channel presets is amazing. I can finely EQ our various vocalists and save their settings to the board. Then the sound tech can just pull up the preset and it automatically puts that persons name on the Scribble Strip, EQ's their voice and applies any other specific settings. This way if you have a volunteer who may not be great at the finer points of sound, you can set a quality EQ right off the bat and not worry whether it's going to sound good.

4. This also applies to scenes. You can get a perfect mix in practice and then just cycle scenes for a new lead vocalist or other change of mix.

5. The integration with their P16 personal mixers means the FoH guy is not also mixing monitors. All he has to focus on is whether it sounds good to the congregation.

These types of things have made my (volunteer) job as the head over sound much easier. I have some guys who are professional sound engineers and others who just want to help out. This allows me to easily accommodate both types of volunteers.

Beyond this specific scenario, I've just been generally impressed with the board. As long as Behringer keeps their promise on Quality Control, I can't give this less than a 5 star. You just can't beat the price for what you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing package for the price!, August 22, 2012
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
I have not yet had the privilege of using this in real life, but I was able to get a hands on experience on a display model at Guitar Center. The first hint that I had stumbled upon something that was more than a typical Behringer was the subtitle "Powered by Midas." The first time I was introduced to Midas was reading about the Midas XL4, the creme de la creme $100,000 board from the mid 1990's. Fortunately the price of technology has come down since then! The first thing that impressed me was the solid but light build of this board. Considering how it is constructed, and what is in it, it is relatively light, and the well-placed handles on the sides (Where the headphone jacks are also protected) make the board very easy to move.

The next thing I noticed was that this board was NOT for the faint of heart! If you know a fair bit of sound, you will be astonished by the capabilities of this board (which frankly blow the comparably priced Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2 out of the water). But some of the features take some getting used to, especially where they are located. The closest board I could think of comparing this to in terms of capabilities is the nearly $30,000 32 channel Yamaha M7CL or possibly the $12K LS9, although this board does not have a touch screen-- oh, and it costs less than a Presonus 24.4.2 at less than $3K! I love the fact that this board can use buses for monitors, groups for adding effects to an overall group (such as compression on the Drums) or as a monitor feed (such as the entire drum mix as channel to the built in 16 channel Behringner ethernet personal monitor system), and it also has Matrix capabilities which include delay capabilities so you can time align your subs with your mains or your mains with additional fills. In addition, and this REALLY sets it apart form any competition in this price range, it has an 8 channel DCA. The monitor sends can be adjusted from the channel strip (although it can require an extra button push depending upon which send you are trying to adjust). Alternatively, but selecting the send master fader and then pressing the "sends on faders" button, you can adjust the entire mix for a send using the channel sliders. In addition, this board has 6 dedicated Mute groups in addition to additional programmable knobs (with their own scribble strips) and buttons.

The effects capabilities are impressive. Every Channel has a 4 band fully parametric EQ plus an adjustable high pass filter, phase and phantom power. The gate and Dynamics sections are fully capable with not only typical adjustments such as Threshold and ratio, attack and release times, but it also includes feature such as frequency selectable ducking and adjustable knees. There are a total of 8 stereo effects inserts which can be placed anywhere you want including eqs (which can be stereo or dual mono), reverbs, delays, etc. Again, the routing of signals to these processors is so capable that it is not necessarily for the faint of heart. It is MUCH more flexible than the Presonus 24.4.2, but not nearly as intuitive, being much more akin to the Yamaha M7CL.

The ins and outs of this board make an M7CL blush! Without the need to buy any additional cards, this board has 32 real preamps (designed by Midas) as well as 16 XLR outs (which can be assigned however you would like). In addition, it also has 6 more TRS ins and outs for Aux sends and returns--which can be assigned to any channel you would like as well! Aux 5 and 6 can be either TRS or RCA. Behringer has their own proprietary monitor system built in (equivalent to the inclusion of a 16 channel Aviom card), as well as two 48 channel I/O ports on Klark Tecnic's ethernet protocal called SuperMAC 50. So you could have a digital snake on Ethernet (with preamps controlled from the X32) going to an on stage monitor board and an ethernet cable going from Port B of the Monitor Board to Port A of the FOH board. All 32 channels can take inputs from any of these sources and likewise, outputs can be assigned anywhere as well.

But what is VERY cool is the fact that this board can be used to make a 32 channel recording at the same time as you mix your live concert with 32 channels of I/O on either Fireire OR USB. For those with PC's that don't like Firewire, you will know how cool that is! The X32 can also be used as a very capable control surface for your DAW with flying faders and scribble strips (although it does not have any transport controls).

From my brief observation, an initial setup could take awhile just because there are so many variables available and maneuvering to those variables takes a bit of getting used to. The fact that the variable knobs under the screen are also push buttons is a helpful but not initially obvious tip. However, with extensive library capabilities, this could be effectively used at a church once the initial setup is done with multiple services being able to be stored and individual channel settings being stored for each musician to e recalled the next time that musician participates. Also the color coded scribble strip is a feature that not even the M7CL has fully implemented, but it would take some effort to get it set up the first time.

As I have said, I have not yet heard the X32 and cannot vouch for its durability (although I will say that it feels very solidly built), but the fact that Midas was willing to attach its name to the console is saying a lot! For this price point, there is absolultely NOTHING that comes anywhere close to this board. But as I have said, the Presonus still has it's advantages... namely, there is less board there and everything is much closer to the surface with few button pushes required to accomplish your task in a live situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall a nice bit of kit, Read review for Flying Fader Fix, January 7, 2014
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
Had our desk now for over a year and in that time its done the job brilliantly.
No point in harping on how good it is as there are loads of reviews telling you that.
The only problem we have had is one of the faders started to be non-responsive
so I took the desk apart to find out what was wrong.
I've post a tutorial here
[...]
for anyone else with the same issue
hopefully it will help

5.0 out of 5 stars The early results are excellent, August 12, 2013
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
Now that I have had the X32 for a while and taken it on a number of gigs I want to update my review. I have had no problems with the mixer and I have come to rely on it as my main mixer. I now also have an X32 Rack too and have high hopes for it as well. The full size X32 allows for easy access to all of the functions of this fairly complicated mixer. The sound of the effects are professional quality and very pleasing to the ear. The feel, fit and finish are above where I have come to expect for a device in the price range. Behringer has impacted the entire market with the release of this console and the ripple effects are not even fully being felt yet. I look forward to more gigs on this mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars its great, February 4, 2013
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
its crazy nice, the headroom is great for my project studio use, took it to my church and my pastor fell in love with the sound and bought it over, now i have to get another one for my studio

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Changer!!!, January 23, 2013
This review is from: BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32 (Electronics)
If Behringer was trying to make a statement, they made one with this. It doesn't even make logical sense to consider any other digital console under the $10,000 mark. I don't know where to start, this thing is a smaller version of a Midas console. They update the firmware and apps so much, it seems like you keep getting a new console every time they update. The ipad app is crazy!!!! The level of control and options that are in the console are equal that of aYamaha MC7L. If you are considering buying one, do it, I don't think Presonus & Yamaha have sold a board since this thing came out!!

BEHRINGER DIGITAL MIXER X32