Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Being Better Than You Believe: 8 Steps to Ultimate Success
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

100%

on July 31, 2011
Reading Philip Berry's book, for me, was like listening to jazz. The style is improvisational and the messages are woven to repeat, re-affirm and re-emphasize each of the eight steps. The style and content are conversational, informal and profound. I was very conscious of the importance of time and the significance of committing myself to seriously negotiate each step and meditation that Mr. Berry provides throughout this text. What is most amazing is that there is no hocus-pocus or magic.

I usually do not read introductions before just diving into the "meat" of a book, but in this case, I was hooked from the very first pages of the introduction and dedication. I think that it is worth the read from cover to cover. Oh, and you will only gain from this book by seriously making the commitment that is asked of you!
on January 27, 2011
I am the Chief Executive Officer of a social agency that works in the fields of disability, homelessness and domestic violence--no easy work. I hired Philip Berry as a management consultant and executive coach to work with my leadership team. When I heard about the publishing of his book, I downloaded it on to my Kindle and dug right in. I was not disappointed.

Phil give practical advice to people who have "settled" on a career but had dreamed of something more. Through down to earth analogies, sharing stories of people who have transformed their lives and mapping out a plan of action, he has created an inspirational book I would highly recommend. I gave a copy to my son who was laid off from his job and is using the crisis as an opportunity to pursue a life-long dream to become a commercial pilot. I particularly liked his idea of creating a personal board of directors to be a resource in the transformation.
on April 17, 2011
I have not read a book of this genre since reading M.Scott Peck's classic "The Road Less Travelled." In fact, I have not had much cause to read any book since then except the Bible and occasional missives on finance like Taleb's "The Black Swan." Peck's classic was often called a 'user's manual for life' and this book brings the users manual concept current, relavent for today and not just in 21st century terms, but realingned for the baby boomers in the 'Back 9' of their lives.
I gave many copies of "The Road Less Travelled" over the last 30 years as a gift, I now have a new gift to bestow upon my friends. And one will shortly receive hers as soon as I re-read this on the plane to Paris.
Looking forward to the sequel.
on February 9, 2011
Did I really need to read another "self help" book? When it's "Being Better than You Believe" I most certainly did. This was the first book that I've read which combines research, real-life examples and a process to really get yourself going and make changes in your life. The content and the way it is written is extremely motivational. I'm pumped!!
on September 14, 2011
Reviewing an article, book, or proposal by a friend is always tough: you want to be fair, but supportive; positive but impartial. Not always easy...

But my good friend Philip Berry makes it easy with his new book Being Better Than You Believe: 8 Steps to Ultimate Success.

There is a deluge of self-help, personal development books and research on the market. What "Being Better Than You Believe" has done is to provide you and I, and our children, a roadmap to defining and achieving personal contentment and success. By presenting real-life, relatable personal accounts Philip provides a framework to discover our own goals and ambitions that will lead to personal fulfillment.

Following each chapter are developmental tools to aide the reader in creating an action plan for their own life.

I've known Philip since our expat days living and working in Paris. Our interactions continuously remind me why his coaching and consulting skills are valued by corporations around the world. This book is useful to students, the workforce, or individuals searching for personal or professional growth and development.
on February 10, 2011
I found the passages in Being Better Than You Believe to not only be inspirational from a personal standpoint, but also convincingly provided pathways to success for organizations. I found, as I explored each chapter, there were excellent examples concerning benchmarks for success which were exceedingly insightful and instructive. The points made about reevaluating success and setting relevant and dynamic indicators in one's life and in one's organization were, from my vantage point, significant and came with cogent and applicable examples.
Being Better Than You Believe is an outstanding work, short concise, but expansive in many ways. I thought the explanation of the structure of the book and the eight principles heightened the readers interest and fostered self-reflection as one moved through the pages. Each chapter and the titles were right-on and the thought stimulators were titillating and scored high on the HST. It is clearly an outstanding work by someone who has devoted his career to the enhancement of others. Get a copy and it will be like having the author on "Your Personal Board of Directors".
on March 18, 2011
reviewed by Marv Russell

on August 1, 2011
I have never been keen to self-help books as they tend to be too confusing to follow and cliche. That was the case until I found Being Better Than You Believe by Phillip Berry. I loooove how easy to read it was and how clever Mr. Berry is with his "Head & Shoulders test" or "the back 9"; things that I will never forget. I am so happy I gave it a shot because I cannot imagine my life without it. I am amazed at how helpful (if you stay truthful) the thought-stimulator section can be, because it truly helps the reader sort through their inner self's and allow the better You to come out. Bottom-line I completely recommend this book to anyone. Thank you MR. Berry, look forward to a follow up!
on February 6, 2011
I recently experienced the tribulation of being retired from my job. In having a conversation with Phil, he suggested I read his new book. I did and found it enlightening and illuminating. There were several insights and ephiphanies in the process. I found I regained my energy and focus. To my amazement, I also found that my professional course correction was a blessing in disquise. I stongly recommend this book, and not just for those transitioning between jobs but it is extemely helpful for someone who has been in the same job for some time. "BEING BETTER THAN YOU BELIEVE" is a must read. It's applications carry over from professional aspirations to personal development. I strongly recommend this this tool of empowerment.
on February 6, 2011
This one of those books you will be happy you read sooner rather than later. I read this book during the New Years' holiday break. It was perfect timing for me to take a step back and look at my career (both past & goals for the future). By using the guiding principles in this book, I have a better understanding for the true skills that are my competitive advantage in the marketplace, as well as chart the milestones I want to achieve as I look into my future.

I highly recommend this book to not only seasoned executives, but young professionals looking to make sense of it all!