4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and fun
Enjoyed seeing the behind the scenes aspects of Sesame Street and puppets in general. It was also just a neat "rags to riches" story as Kevin pursued his passion/talent!!
Published 20 months ago by Alp

3.0 out of 5 stars For a personal documentary its interesting
This documentary was interesting to see how Elmo was created and what a huge global icon he is. It was a good personal story of Elmo's puppeteer and how he made it into the industry. It was nice to see once but I wouldn't own the movie.
Published on September 6, 2012 by Pez44321

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and fun, April 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Respect for Clash, October 5, 2014
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
Before watching this documentary, I could tell Kevin Clash loved his career as a puppeteer but this documentary really brought that realization home. I don't really care about his sexual preference, neither do I care to judge him for something that isn't my place. All I care about and appreciate is that he has given us many years of dedication and endearing moments thanks to his passion and the inner child that lives within him.

My two-year-old son loves Elmo. I didn't really care about the little red monster before having a baby, but seeing as my son enjoys him so much, it has made me like him too. Whatever brings my son happiness (and can bring him to sit down for an hour so I can breathe) brings me happiness too.

This documentary will make you see that Mr. Clash was simply born for puppeteering. I think he should return to Sesame Street.

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP Elmo., December 20, 2014
trinket (planet earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
Well, Elmo was my favorite Muppet, but truthfully I've grown tired of having any heroes or charming icons in my life. Watching this documentary with the knowledge of the sex charges leveled against the puppeteer that animated him and stole my heart for so many years put the final nail in the coffin of that part of me that apparently needed to die anyway.

RIP Elmo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
This was recommended to me by a friend. It is an incredible film and a phenomenal reminder that we all have a gift. I applaud Kevin's family for recognizing his gift, for celebrating his talent and allowing him to develop at such an early age. This is a remarkable story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, January 4, 2013
We found this both interesting and enjoyable. It is great to see how puppeteers are willing to help each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great documentary!, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
I have been a fan of Sesame Street since childhood and now love it again as a mom. I loved this documentary. Such a great story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elmo!, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
An amazing, touching, joyful look at the magic of Kevin Clash as Elmo and himself, you can be sure to tear up here and there watching this documentary. I recommend it highly as an antidote to the cynicism and meanness of the real world. Long life, Mr. Clash! And thank your for the joy and love you bring into this world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great documentary., November 26, 2012
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
Elmo wasn't around when I was a kid so I never really knew that much about him except that all the kids love him. It was fascinating to see how he came about the deeply complicated man that created him.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
because i am from baltimore and my friend recommended this doc, i decided to check it out. it was pretty good. i liked kevin's story, but would have liked to see more about how/why he developed elmo. too bad about all this other drama too :(

5.0 out of 5 stars My new love for Puppeteer, November 7, 2012
Lindy D (MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (Amazon Instant Video)
Good movie to watch if you grow up with Sesame Street. My favorite of the Sesame Street Puppet is Cookie Monster.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›