5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Show
Published 21 months ago by Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars another not as good as morganville vampires
It's funny, kinda like the house of night, Buffy, and the Morganville vampires, all in one but not near as good, but it was available and I have read or seen most of these type of stories.
Published 4 months ago by Shari Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Show, January 15, 2013
I've watched both the British and American versions of Being Human. They are a more grown-up version of the many vampire and werewolf shows out there, but not as "sexified" as some of the others. I enjoy both versions of the show, but the American version really hits the mark on a great show. The British version had too many cast changes that negatively affected the plot, and caused, I would say, writing problems. The American version has been able to keep their characters, and really keep developing their relationships. There are many episodes of the show that have pulled the strings of my heart and really made me feel for the characters and what they are going through. The actors have done a great job being realistic and convincing in their made-up world of vampires, werewolves and ghosts.

Another good aspect of the writing in the American version, is that all of the plot twists are well thought out and well explained; opposed to the British version, which left the viewer a little confused at times. Season 3 Episode 1 is an example of this: in the British version, I feel Sally's departure from limbo as confusing, but in the American version, they give a feasible reason as to how Sally could depart from limbo. Well, as feasible as a witch bringing back the dead can be.

Make a point to try this show out. If you enjoy vampire, werewolf, or ghost TV shows and movies, than Being Human is an interesting and entertaining perspective on the world of monsters.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a fan!, April 25, 2013
So, I'll be honest, I'm a die hard True Blood fan. However, I decided to give this show a chance back when season one came out and I've been a fan since! I enjoy how contemporary and believable the characters are. The show also give me something to watch while my other my other show isn't on. As with most great shows, I always find myself wanting more when I'm left with crazy cliffhangers. I will definitely be continuing to watch this one and perhaps try watching the BBC version at some point too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been Good Since Season 1, January 14, 2013
This is the American version of a British show but I have watched it since Season 1 and it took me a few episodes to get into it (and I think the writers got better) and now it is a guilty pleasure I watch religiously. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Being Human, April 11, 2013
Great episode. This has to be one of best tv shows on Syfy. I have watched the British version of Being Human but the US version is much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan of both the British and American versions, March 29, 2013
ChrisNBama (Mobile, Alabama) - See all my reviews
Season one of the British and American versions follow a very similar path. They diverge in season two and each version takes on its own character. There is much to like about each. I find the American version to be better written and acted, although, I like the British version's "George" better than the American version. The actor strikes me as funnier with a slapstick quality about him that is endearing. I'm not trying to diss Sam Worthington, but he's not as good in my opinion. I'm not going to write any spoilers, but only wanted to add my two cents.

5.0 out of 5 stars SyFy Strikes Again. Another good show cancelled, March 25, 2014
So typical. Great show with excellent character development and writing and.........SyFy cancels it. They never had an excellent program they wouldn't cancel. So much for the shift back to SciFi programming. Must be another "wrassling" show they want to put on.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this show, January 26, 2013
I can't get enough of this show. I love use of "monsters" to relate to real world every day issues.
Great show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch! It's a Great show., April 18, 2013
Great show! Its fun to watch and there is never a dull moment! Watched UK version and have been a fan on US version since Season 1. When we got rid if cable, I was glad to find that amazon instant video offers Being Human online! I bought the season pass bc it was cheaper here than iTunes or Vudu. Only thing is, you do have to wait almost 48 hours from original air time to watch on Amazon, whereas iTunes has it available less than 12 hours after. Not a biggie unless you are hooked like me. If I could I'd give 3 stars to Amazon for delivery, but the show gets 5 stars all the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show!, April 9, 2013
This is one of my absolute favorite shows. This season had some very unexpected twists. At the beginning of the season I didn't really care for Sally's character but as the season went along I began to really relate to her. Can't wait for season 4!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great start to the new season!, April 4, 2013
This show is so much better than the British version. Hopefully it will not get cancelled like the UK Being Human show did.

Being Human: Complete Third Season