5.0 out of 5 stars Season Four Is Fantastic!
I was certain that when Mitchell was killed at the end of season 3 that the show would never be the same. However, George was my favorite character and he would be there with Annie and Nina.

Published 22 months ago by Movie Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing someone...
It is weird to get invested in characters and then have them disappear. I liked the story, it's just not as good as seasons 1-3
Published 10 months ago by Amanda Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Season Four Is Fantastic!, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Being Human: Season 4 (DVD)

When I realized that George and Nina would not survive past the first episode of season 4, I was very upset. But I kept watching because Annie was still there. She is a wonderful character.

I soon realized that the show is so well written and acted that new characters can come on be just as wonderful as the previous characters. Such is the case in season 4.

I soon fell in love with the new werewolf and vampire characters and enjoyed them as much as Mitchell and George.

All previous seasons are fantastic and season 4 is no exception. Buy or watch season 4 without any hesitation. It is worth your time and money.

As another reviewer said, don't compare it to the US version. The British version is superior in every way.

Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars War Child, February 26, 2012
TorridlyBoredShopper "T(to the)B(to the)S" ("Daddy Dagon's Daycare" - Proud Sponsor of the Little Tendril Baseball Team, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Just streamed this in because i missed the BBC-A broadcast and i have to say that Instant video has gotten loads better since Season 3. The broadcast was continual and there were no issues, which was a nice.

Season 4 of Being Human picks up where Season 3 left everything, with Mitchell dead and the roommate's in a spiral. It is not the only thing to have happened, however, and the happenings are huge. By the end of this episode the show will have gone through an enormous change and it leaves a lot of questions up in the air. I do not want to ruin any of that, because it kind of shocked me just how much they were willing to rearrange things. It also made for quite the show.

Switching to scenes from 2037, there is a storyline being developed here that deals with George and Nina's baby, the War Child, and a prophecy that vampires have on it. I liked that idea, and the way the show was presented made me really wonder what was happening. honestly, I was afraid this would be a "getting over Mitchell" episode but it was far from that. It was a "changing everything forever" kind of show that makes me think that maybe the show is going out and going with a bang.

I really liked the fact that they put some human in here, too, keeping some parts very serious and some parts light. The beginning kind of sits a tone there, contrasting the protective George and the seriousness in the home. There is also the introduction of some new faces, lots of them, and a new trinity of roomies that may be a new focal point. Combine that with a lot of "go" and you have the episode.

I'm really looking forward to the show this season - 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Killed off the Hero's and keeps getting better........That is a first............, April 11, 2013
The American show is very good but this is a cut above. I've never seen a show that kills off the hero's and then gets better. The Actors are great but the writers are the difference makers. Can't wait for the next season.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing someone..., October 30, 2013
Amanda Smith (HOUSTON, TX, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Live Without UK Being Human, March 11, 2013
Donna (Plantation, Florida) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Being Human from the UK. It has now been canceled without reason or comment other than the millions of fans out here. The news is that it was meant to go after 5 seasons but no one is believing that "rubbish" as they say. I will so miss these characters and am reminded about the original ones that started out this epic show. Of course, I will say that the US version is pretty darn good and that is unusual and terrific at the same time. US is on Season 3 on Syfy. Check it out and watch all 5 seasons of the UK and 3 seasons and hopefully counting of the US versions of BEING HUMAN!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Being Human: Season 4 (DVD)
I was hooked on "Being Human" (BBS Version) with the first episode of Season one. Seasons 2-3 continued to hold my attention. However, Season 4 with the killing off of two of the three main characters and replacing them with much weaker versions was disappointing. The writers instead of trying to create the depth of the two former main characters, instead went for one episode story lines, gory scenes and a few attempts at humor. PLEASE BRING BACK MITCHELL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Being Human at its best, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Being Human: Season 4 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
First things first:
PLEASE- Do not compare the BBC version of this show to the Americanized version shown on Sci- Fi which is a pale copy at best. How they can call it "A Sci- Fi original series" is beyond me.

Now onto the review:
Havent gotten the disk yet but having watched the full season I will be purchasing this on Blu Ray as soon as it comes out.
While I will miss Mitchell, George and Nina, I find that the new additions to the cast to be at least equal to the old. Hal- The Old One, Tom, Alex are great. Cant say enough about the heart of the show Annie
The only thing that needs to be said of the story arc is that.... The Old Ones are coming!

3.0 out of 5 stars Formula is getting stale, show no longer interesting., November 27, 2013
This season had some really good moments. I still like Annie although she became much more of a nag and in some ways Hal is much more likable than Mitchell was. But I never warmed to Tom and I miss George and Nina far too much. With the original trio gone, I don't have much reason to continue watching.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little too much change, March 20, 2013
I liked the first two seasons of Being Human so much, that I actually bought them on Amazon Video-on-Demand. I was pleased to see that I could watch seasons 3 and 4 on Amazon Prime and catch up. But I'd heard from others that the show has been cancelled after season 5 (currently being broadcast), and I can understand why. I don't think shows ever do well when they eliminate major characters; Primeval killed off its lead and then the show died and was revived after a couple of seasons. There's a complete character turnover by the end of season 4 of Being Human, and the new characters aren't as appealing. Maybe the writers felt they'd done all they could with the characters, but in my opinion, when that happens you let the character grow and evolve, not kill him/her off. I always find "mass takeover by evil empire/post apocalyptic dystopian future" stories to be crashing bores, too. But that's just me--obviously, those stories are massively popular at the moment (Hunger Games, et al).

Still, Being Human is one of the best supernatural shows I've seen, and I continue to give them loud huzzahs for having the courage to defy several stupid vampire cliches, such as incendiary sunlight and vampires not eating (both of them are modern fictional conventions that are 100% divergent from original folklore and pre-1920s fiction). The "good guy vampire holding out against all the other totally evil vampires" has gotten to be another tedious cliche I wish would die off, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!, March 8, 2013
GREAT job by being human staff. THe best one ever, and such a twist. I really thought they were going to get stale but they took an amazing twist and made it likeable. Exept for killing Nina. That was a kind of weak thing to do. I really disliked the way they handled it.

Being Human: Season 4 [Blu-ray]
Being Human: Season 4 [Blu-ray] by Various (Blu-ray - 2013)
$59.98 $24.98