5.0 out of 5 stars ADDICTED TO THIS SHOW!
I am definitely a fan of this show! I can't wait for season 3 to come out on TV. The synopsis of the show might seems a little far fetched or something of disinterest, but trust me...it's so much more than the description. The characters develop more in each episode and truly connect with their "human" and non-human existence.

LOVE IT!
Published on July 9, 2012 by CJRH12

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Follow-on to S1
The cliff hanger from S1 was answered in a manner that added more fuel to the spiritual fire. Good plot development and story line. Enjoying it very much.
Published 8 months ago by Richard P. Weierstall

5.0 out of 5 stars ADDICTED TO THIS SHOW!, July 9, 2012

LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully entertaining & enlightening!, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Being Human (U.S.) Season 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
I really enjoyed season 2. We got to know the characters & a little about their back stories in season 1. Season 2 gives an even deeper look into their past & how it shapes their present & future. I enjoy all the main characters. This show gives us all a closer look into what it truly takes to be a human being in this world. It shows us it is no easy job no matter who or what we are & each of us have to deal with our own issues, but we are all looking for someone to understand. Great show!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Boo, The Bite, And The Beast: Darker Plot Threads Enrich The Drama In This Supernatural Saga's Second Season, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Being Human: Season 2 (DVD)
Having watched every season of the British hit "Being Human," I was a bit wary of SyFy's American reinterpretation. While I'm sure that I will anger the many avid fans of the original show, I didn't fully appreciate its charms until it progressed into later seasons and got darker and more complex. In Season One of the American version, I had a similar reaction. Once again, I found myself thinking that this was a good show with the potential to grow into something far richer and more rewarding. The British version started as an enjoyment and turned into great television and I thought that the U.S. version had the same opportunity. And in Season Two's thirteen new episodes, I really enjoyed the deepening seriousness of the story's plot threads.

For those new to the concept of "Being Human," it is perhaps one of the most unique and (let's admit it) most ridiculous ones on TV. In its outrageousness, however, it is completely irresistible! What if a ghost, a werewolf, and a vampire shared living quarters as best mates? You think the trials of tribulations of being young and attractive in the big city makes for great drama, try adding this supernatural component for a bit of fun. But where there was much humor and lightness in introductory episodes, Season Two is looking a whole lot bleaker.

Sam Witwer, as the vampire, must deal with the repercussions of last season's dramatic decisions. He is embroiled with a former flame, clan politics, and a new penchant for blood-letting. You get a lot more back story, a lot more depth, and Witwer has an intensity perfectly suited to the role of a tortured blood sucker. Sam Huntington (our resident werewolf), who spent much of Season One as comic relief, also has richer material to sink his teeth into. He also starts to deal with the dynamics of werewolf politics, and the fact that he's turned his love into a beast of the night makes for some of the year's more intense confrontations. Both Witwer and Huntington are terrific! I'm still not as enthralled by Meaghan Rath's ghost. Rath is an appealing and pleasant apparition, but her third of the story lines just don't intrigue me as much as the other two. In the end, though, the three share a believable chemistry that will have you rooting for them. In terms of the supporting cast in this season, Kristen Hager is a great counterpoint to Huntington and I liked the addition of Kyle Schmid as a past protege of Witwer.

DVD Extras:

The DVD release has all thirteen episodes along with some fairly unremarkable extras. There is a "making-of" featurette, some behind-the-scenes interviews and (my favorite) the show's 2012 presence at Comic-Con. I liked Season One, but I appreciate Season Two much more fully. KGHarris, 12/12.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better with age., November 17, 2012
Skippy Squirrel (Burbank, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Human: Season 2 (DVD)
This season shows the trio dealing with the repercussions from last season. Sally's missed her door and finds she is growing stronger, Josh's girlfriend Nora has been (unknowingly) scratched by him and inherits his curse, and Aidan is leader of the Boston clan after killing Bishop. The cast seem to have gotten more comfortable and give more great performances, and the guest actors manage to hold their own too. The first season was based off the original series from the UK version of Being Human, but this season has little in common with the second series.

Anyway, this show continues to grip your attention with its complex characters and dramatic stories. If you enjoyed the first season then I have little doubt you'll enjoy this one even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome series, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Being Human (U.S.) Season 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
i do really love this show however i hope from all the bbc people who are knocking our show down compared to theres, i wish they would be quiet and not say things about our american version and not to try and spoil our episodes as they are in season 4 i believe and we just ended season2

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome show!, April 22, 2012
I love this show, It is very entertaining and original!I am always glued to the computer, that's why I purchased on amazon and couldn't wait for it to come out on netflix.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 28, 2012
1 of my series I must always watch! Haven't seen the UK version so I might give it a whirl since I heard its awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous series, May 20, 2012
This is as good as the UK version. Similar in some way, with different story lines. I am looking forward to season 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Being Human (U.S.) Season 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
Love the whole thing, plot, back stories, character development etc... can't wait for season 3. definitely wathching it. You should too

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve's Review, February 18, 2013
Steven Epley (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best series that the Sy Fy channel has ever developed. It is based on a BBC series of the same name (check it out too) but with a distinctly American flavor. Basically it is about a vampire, ghost, and werewolf that all live together. All are attempting to stay in touch with whatever humanity they have left since they are basically all monsters and know it. I started watching this series when it first came out and I buy each season as it becomes available. If you are into horror and humor then check it out, this show has both!