Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beistle 30706 Plush Leprechaun Party Hat with Beard
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: One Size|Color: Green/Gold/Black|Change

on March 10, 2014
The picture speaks for itself. The hat and beard are goofy, but that's what you want them to be, right? I purchased this for a relative who loved it. The quality is fine for something you'll use just one day a year. Speedy delivery.
on April 1, 2015
came with the beard sewn in backwards. So if you wear the hat with the buckle and shamrock forwards, the fuzzy side of the beard is facing your face, and all people see is the backing of the beard (as demonstrated in the photo I attached). In order to have the beard facing forward, you would need to wear the hat backwards (shamrock and buckle facing to the back). No wonder they tried to dump these on Amazon. it was too late to return, but it can still be salvaged if you just cut off the beard and sew it back in the proper direction.
review image review image review image
on March 12, 2011
I bought this for myself solely to use in a St. Patrick's Day Parade in our town. I'll be riding on a float with a local theater group, and I wanted something to fit the occasion. It's hard to tell what something is like form a picture on a web site, so I had my doubts.

This is better than I thought it would be. The hat is made of heavy fabric of some kind, and the beard is attached with elastic. My wife roared when I walked into the room wearing it. My dogs got a kickout of it, too.

If you plan to get this for a 10-year-old child, I would guess the beard would separate from the tHE pretty quickly. Otherwise, it seems to be very durable.
on December 19, 2014
I am preparing a short act using Irish songs. I wear a size 7 and 3/8 size hat (which is pretty large) and this fits me just fine. The fabric is very nice. I may use the beard for some of the songs. On me the beard hangs down a little too much so I have shortened the elastic some on each side with safety pins.It is nicer than St Patrick's-themed hats that I have seen in stores. The beard tucks up into the hat with no problem when not in use.
on March 5, 2014
We did not need the Beard as our "Leprechaun" has a Goatee, and it is a blondish red one at that! So we cut the beard part off and the Hat fit perfect on his head. It was pretty misshapen upon arrival but we stuffed it with newspaper and sat it on a "wig" rack I happened to have and in a few days it was fine.
on March 29, 2012
This hat/beard was purchased for St. Patty's day and turned out much nicer than what I expected. I only assumed that the hat would meet the quality level that most "costume" grade hats were but it was bad at all. First off it looks nice and it fit well. The beard does shed a little and may cause some irritation but after the first few glasses of green beer, you don't really care. I went to the Charlotte, NC St. Patty's day worlds largest bar crawl and the hat/beard was a huge hit. People kept asking me to stop and take a picture with them. If you are looking for something fun, cheap, and different, go ahead and get it.
on October 27, 2014
If you wear the hat with the buckle facing forward, the beard faces the wearer. Apparently, leprechauns grow their beards from the outside in. Perhaps that contributes to their general grouchiness... I can cut the elastic and resew the beard to properly face outwards, but I was not expecting to be crafty this Halloween which is why I bought it in the first place.
review image
on April 29, 2013
My husband made a great leprechaun in the parade this year - and despite his tendency to accidentally break most things he comes in contact with, this held up very well and will be going in the box for next St. Patricks day!
on March 23, 2012
I bought this hat/beard combo for St. Patty's day and I have to say the quality was much better than the cheapo hats you find in stores. For the price, you're definitely getting more for your money. The material feels high quality, almost suede-like and the color is a nice deep green.

The only complaint I have is the beard tends to shed. It's also a bit itchy, so I opted to do without it and cut it off. Still a nice hat!
on May 21, 2013
I laughed out loud when I saw these hats and then I laughed even more when I put one on. I drove around town and went to work with this hat on and co-workers were jealous. It was all about the hat!! It is quite well-made and cheap at twice the price. I have three so I can attest to their value. They are great for storing because they won't break like those cheap plastic hats. These are truly fun and well-made costume props.